*** May Babies ***

I had a jacket potato and fresh fruit salad!! Feeling all good now, but I have chocolate at home for later!! :haha:

do any of you get really bad pain of you eat too much? My stomach is squished I think. I ate another yoghurt (and it was rhubarb flavoured abz :)) and my gut is really hurting! time to cut down on portion sizes maybe.

PG - I do love a good jacket potato - I'm having one for dinner later :munch:

insomnimama- only just seen your post! great minds think alike, as when he was released from jail i pretty much gave him the same conditions as you listed, which is why i'm still living at home and will be until january 2011 at the earliest!
the only bit i can't do (i don't know, i'm weak when it comes to this) is refuse to give him money. mainly because he spends all his really fast and often on things like taking my 13 year old brother to the pictures. i know it's up to him to manage his own finances but i just feel really guilty when he's got nothing- to a point. i don't appreciate him expecting it and taking the p*ss like he did the past couple of days though! xxx

hmm, food! trying to decide what to have for dinner..
i really want fruit salad, might go and buy one.. i hate working so close to so many shops! xx

there's a little snack bar type thing just outside where I sit and i have to fight the urge to spend money on food all day long! fruit salad is yum though, and good - it will cancel out the McDs ;)

didn't you mention that he was quite a bit older than you katie? shouldn't he be old enough to manage his own finances? it's an awful lot of responsibility for you to have.

Yeah, he is quite a lot older than me. I don't know what to do, as pathetic as it sounds, I love him and want him to be happy :(

oh honey. paying his way out of things isn't going to keep him happy. he needs to learn how to sort himself out. and it isn't keeping you happy. and it certainly won't keep your baby happy if he starts taking money for cigarettes that you need for you and your baby. he needs his independence and you need yours surely? he can't expect to have such a dependence on you babes. at least i don't think so.

hugs.

abz xx

Yup - snow here. Honestly there are barely a couple of millimeters this morning and there were so many accidents :shrug:

Amy - I have never seen this smiley before :comp: and it made me laugh out loud :haha: I too love the Mcflurry and McD's milkshakes Mmmmmm

OH watched a bit of the C4 birth programme with me last night. Your should have seen him when the annoying Dad cut the cord I thought he was going to puke :haha: He said afterwards he does not understand why I would want him to do it - I have said he doesn't have to if he does not want to and, in the nicest possible way, he does not even have to be in the room if he does not want to be. If he is going to be all flaky and freaked out I don't need that - as much as I love him I would rather be on my own!

Katie - I think you are really kind giving you OH another chance given the situation. As we have all said you will get no judging here, just a friendly ear &/or a place to rant* (*delete as applicable). I think if I were in your shoes I would draw the line at lending him money - you are so close to mat leave and once your employed salary stops and mat allowance kicks in you will need all your pennies for you and LO. You should not feel guilty about how he spends his money - you are both grown-ups and he needs to learn how to budget and manage his own money. Not only for himself but in order to support you and LO moving forward. If he knows you will not bail him out when funds are tight then it might motivate him to try to manage his money better? It is great that he has agreed to rehabilitation and the testing :thumbup: as that is certainly a postive thing

Hope&Faith - you post wherever you like, it is nice to have you here :mrgreen: As for the ever-increasing list of things to do, I have one of those :wacko: For now I have prioritised the nursery and aim to have that finished by mid-march. Then I will look at the list again and see if we can get anything else crossed off before LO gets here as most of the other things do need doing but have already waited a while and we can manage if they do not get sorted before LO arrives.

Jolou - I am glad you had such a lovely weekend away :flower: I shall keep my fingers crossed for good results - so thats the fingers on the right hand crossed for you and the fingers on the left hand for Insomnipapa's exam results and my legs crossed for me as LO is dancing on my bladder making me feel like I need to wee every 5 minutes :haha:

i have been reading the thread about it. am rather glad i didn't see it :D i have no desire to watch an entire series of it either!!

abz xx

Aww Katie - Me and OH have had a fair few problems over time but he is alot older than me and if he asked me for money I would have to say no. Just make sure you look after yourself and LO first as you are the most important thing. And remember we are all here and hopefully will still be able to chat once LO's are here to keep up on each others progress!

Well we now have the radiator and some tesster pots of paint to go in the nursery so looks like a fun weekend ahead! I think our aim is to get nursery finished by the 1st April! hmm I guess I will have to wait and see!

Katie.. I have to say I think you have been given some really good, supportive advice on here.. we are a sensible lot! :)

Has anyone else looked at the thread on here in 2nd tri with the unassisted home birth? It is absolutely wonderful and certainly one to watch if any of you have concerns after last nights program!! I felt quite emotional watching it :blush:

Off to get some chocolate now... :)

Katie - Nobody is here to judge. You do what you believe is right for you and your baby. I hope all works out well xxx

Right, so I managed 3 minutes of that programme last night, almost threw up and burst into tears :cry: I am seriously concerned about how I am going to cope. I have a serious phobia :cry:

I think I was in denial about the labour before ... I think I still am now, I know its going to hurt but after watching you think thats so much pain! Altho my OH did decide he didnt want to be like that guy and wants to be more supportive and is now looking forward to our NCT course!

That man was a total numpty and he seemed really detatched. I know it gets boring for them but he couldve been sooooo much more supportive!

That homebirth video on here is amazing, what a woman!

A3my - those spasms are really hurtful
katie_xx - hugs for you. I would be really mad about him.

Oh brought me Chinese food :happydance: I just love those spicy foods, everything I make is spicy also. Luckily OHs kids have already used with that, at the beginning they were gaging for air :blush:
When picking up Janno from kindergarten there was a mum hugging her crying son. Janno sighed and told he misses his mom. I bursted crying. Damn hormones. That made him cry so we were crying and hugging there, even that other boy stopped crying and looked at us. Silly me.

A3my - those spasms are really hurtful
katie_xx - hugs for you. I would be really mad about him.
Oh brought me Chinese food :happydance: I just love those spicy foods, everything I make is spicy also. Luckily OHs kids have already used with that, at the beginning they were gaging for air :blush:
When picking up Janno from kindergarten there was a mum hugging her crying son. Janno sighed and told he misses his mom. I bursted crying. Damn hormones. That made him cry so we were crying and hugging there, even that other boy stopped crying and looked at us. Silly me.

ooo now I want chinese :) yummy!

Oh bless him, thats given me a lump in my throat too. How sweet :cry::flower: xx

Has anyone else looked at the thread on here in 2nd tri with the unassisted home birth? It is absolutely wonderful and certainly one to watch if any of you have concerns after last nights program!! I felt quite emotional watching it :blush:

Oooh guess what I am going go and look for now :thumbup:

OH is playing Xbox beside me - I will put the headphones on so he does not freak out :haha:

Frufru.. I think it is on page two now... entitled Home Birth Vid.... amazing!! Enjoy :)

Found it!

That was awesome and I have just spent the last hour and 20 mins watching various homebirths aswell as a few hypnobirths.

I start my hypnobirthing course in a few weeks and if it helps me to stay half as relaxed and chilled out in my labour as the women in the videos I have seen tonight it will be well worth the money :thumbup:

Night night all, sleep tight :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->