*** May Babies ***

I have a birthdate for Insomnibaby :happydance:
S/he will be born on May 28, the day before my birthday.

Hope everybody is well. :thumbup:

Congrats hun!! I admit I would love to know my actual due date!! I have Peter Kay tickets for 8 May and really hope to go!!

Abz.. may have to pop to M&S and have a nosey!! That's the problem with working by The Bullring... I am too close to the shops and tend to spend too much time and money there during my lunch hour!! :)

WOW sooooo much to catch up on!!

FruFru and Moongirl congrats on V days (that was a few days ago now but only just seen the posts!). FruFru let us know how the hypnobirthing classes go as really interested in those

Jolou your weekend sounds lovely. And loved the idea of the lantern for your nan

Katie - that is a hell of a responsibility for you. Of course you would keep an eye on his spending and he should understand why. Congrats on your double D's!

abz - so sorry your boss is being such an arse. Tell him to stick his phone where the sun don't shine!

Hope&Faith so glad your dog is ok. One of mine is 10 this year and I am dreading him getting older

A3my I have been getting back calf cramps at night too. Another lovely symptom

Pussy - yes you are still a freak enjoying the labour stories! And stop encouraging others to go looking!!

Insomnimama - congrats on your due date!!

I am doing well - had another busy week driving etc. But only in Blackpool tomorrow which is a close one considering!!

I have a thread in 3rd tri about me and DH - he has upset me a bit by taking a mountain bike magazine to a course to represent his personal life. Have had some good advice over there but suppose in my heart I was hoping he might take a baby scan or something but need to come to the conclusion that even though being preggers seems to have taken over my life it has not his in the same way!! I am just hoping that it will really kick in one the LO is born.

I watched One Born Every Minute too and have to admit I did not freak as much as I did during the Amanda Holden one (maybe I am starting to desensitize myself a bit!!) But it was upsetting for the C-section lady especially with her baby being so poorly and being taken off immediately. It did bring home as well how useless the men were!!!

By the way my friend yesterday (who very kindly gave me some breast pads!!) had a baby 4 months ago - and she said it was a fact that contractions only last 1 minute..... can anyone else confirm this fact???

i'm pretty sure that they don't... although obviously i have no personal experience. maybe towards the end? but i'm sure they last longer than that... they would have to to give you chance to push. people push more than once with each contraction towards the end don't they?

hope and faith. sorry i must have missed the post about your dog being better :) so glad :)

abz xx

Hey all I havent posted in here in ages, hope every one is ok

anyone else just kicked constantly, he never seems to have a break

OMG?!?!? Just watching adverts and there was one for Take A Break mag and there is a story in there about someone that gave birth to a one stone baby..... that cannot be right?!!? :nope:

In defense of the "useless" men- I was a birthing partner (typically father's role) for my friend's pregnancy and it's very hard not to feel useless. You're not really allowed to do anything and if things go wrong it can be quite intimidating to deal with a rabid :rofl: pg woman who wants to be drugged out of her mind and an officious medical staff who want to do all kinds of horrifying interventions. My friend's baby wound up in the NICU and I still question if there wasn't something I could have done (probably not).

wow I have missed tons today! my work was closed becasue of the snow. Tried taking the girls to school but their school is 9 miles away down country roads and it was impossible. So we came home and for some reason my 9 yr old was extremely hormonal all day. Crying, screaming, rude, obnoxious :cry: wasnt quite the relaxing day I hoped for. We also went to look at prams and DH freaked out slightly about money so that was really stressful too. I am actually looking forward to work tomorrow!
Anyway, to catch up - abz you poor thing, I bet you've been really worried about LO. I'm sure she's fine, they are well cushioned in the water.
insomnimama - congrats on your set date x
katie - woohoo for double digits :happydance:
cactusgirl - I think men fail to realise how insensitive they can be sometimes. My DH has admitted he finds it hard to think of LO as real but he knows he will dote on him when he's born.
welcome newbies :flower:
and I cant remember who posted it but my contractions seemed to last an eternity :) I'm sure they were longer than a minute nearer the end. They do start and stop though, you kind of have to ride the pain of each contraction.

anyway, enough blurb from me. Just ate two bowls of muesli and heartburn has kicked in nicely :dohh::sick:

:wohoo:... it's Friday!!!

Hey CG...sorry to hear about OH. Mine can be similarly insensitive too! I have a scan pic on my phone and just bought Baby's First Book to put all the scan pics in and he just didn't get it!! I think some men just don't see this as such a big deal and of course they don't have the hormonal issues that we do (although my OH claims to be have been on the other end of mine on occasion!! :blush:). I have come to the conclusion that men are quite simply a different breed :haha:

Abz... hope all is well after your little scare? I walked into a wardrobe door last night simply because I had forgotton how big my bump is getting!!

Hey Missy!! I wonder if that means that your LO will be equally active after birth!!!!?

Hapy Friday everyone :happydance:

:wohoo:... it's Friday!!!

Hey CG...sorry to hear about OH. Mine can be similarly insensitive too! I have a scan pic on my phone and just bought Baby's First Book to put all the scan pics in and he just didn't get it!! I think some men just don't see this as such a big deal and of course they don't have the hormonal issues that we do (although my OH claims to be have been on the other end of mine on occasion!! :blush:)
hehehe brilliant :haha:
ditto on the woohoo its friday! I struggled into work, the site is back open but there was only one carpark open, MILES away from my desk :cry:

I think I'm coming down with a bug, my throat is so sore and I feel like a walking corpse :sad1: MIL had offered to babysit sat night but not sure I'll be up for doing anything. Anyone else got romantic weekends planned?

I second the YAY FRIDAY :mrgreen:

CG - I am sorry that OH is still not seeming to be engaged with your LO and the pregnancy. There seems to be such a difference between bloke to bloke as to when the paternal instincts kick in which follows no particular pattern :shrug: I am sure it will kick in once cactusbaby is here. As for mountain biking every saturday - I think he might be in denial how a LO is going to impact on your lifestyles which might also explain the magazine accompanying him on his course? Can you have sit down with him and talk through your concerns?

Abz - how are you feeling today, are you and LO ok after your bump last yesterday?

:hi: Missy, I hope you LO and OH are all ok :hugs: My little one has busy and quiet days. On the busy ones she dances all day long.

As for contractions I haven't a clue, but suspect that particularly in the pushing stage they must last longer than a minute for you to be able to push bubs out? If the youtube videos of hypnobirthing Mums are anything to go by hopefully I will be in a blissful hypnotic state where I hardly notice them :haha: a girl can dream can't she :winkwink:

I am sorry you had a crappy day yesterday Amy - I hope everything is back to normal today :hugs:

LO was very obliging last night and was dancing away so OH could watch my tummy jumping which left him on :cloud9: and this morning we are off to give notice at the registry office for our marriage :thumbup:

Right - really need to get dressed and have some breakfast! Speak to you all later :hugs:

frufru - yey on informing the registry office!

I need a :coffee:...and :sleep: :)

gad you are all glad it's friday :D it's my day off today. i have to work tomorrow instead *sniff*... ah well :) babysitting for a friend tonight which means i get to watch lots of sky :D ha. the kids will already be in bed, they don't tend to wake up so they probably won't even know i'm there...

bump has been beating me this morning so i'm sure she's fine. i've yet to get a cracking headache so that's good too. don't want to have to go to the hospital again re midwife's instructions. it's only a week since i was bloody there!! so hopefully i won't need to. although at least this time it would be for me, not baby :) and OH would prob get to hear the heartbeat which he's never done and would like. but still. don't want to have to go.

OH has also just handed me an ENORMOUS bowl of bran flakes with chopped banana :D :D so that's what i'm up to for the next few mins :D

come on. own up to brekkie. :D

abz xx

I had a boring breakfast - Alpen!

Glad to hear LO is kicking you lots abz :)

Breakfast for me was nutella on toast.. and then a hash brown and cup of tea from McDonalds on my way in :blush:
Hmm, not long til the weekend :happydance: I've been banished from my house though, today's my Mum's wedding anniversary and she wants to be left alone so I'm staying at Vinny's, and tomorrow night I'm staying because we're going out for Valentines since he's decided to tell work he's sick all weekend :dohh: xx

Oh, and my ankles and feet and lower legs have swelled up :cry: They hurt, and I'm feeling a bit paranoid because I feel like my BP is off aswell- I keep going dizzy and seeing spots xx

i popped on yesterday for a little while but never got round to posting! wanted to let you girlies know that its the baby and toddler event in tescos and seems to have a few good deals, i bought the fisher price friendly first bouncer, was £30 now £19.50 so i was happy :) marks sister is getting us this fisher price playmat thing thats also reduced! also bought the cutest little beanie hats thats age 3-6 months sooo cute he will be a right cool dude :) a little cuddle thing for him and a bib saying "i love my daddy" im giving it to OH on valentines day. tesco are also doing 25% off baby clothing.

ooo and my HiP grant came through yesterday so we are off to ikea tonight to get the cot :D yay!!! word of warning with the HiP grant tho they dont let you know when its going in i kept having a check every day just to see if it had gone in.

katie give ya mw a ring so she can check your BP if it carries on today :)

am i the only one who doesnt really care about valentines day lol mark keeps looking at me in disgust whenever i pull my face at the adverts on tv lol

ohh and i had my GT test results back and all is normal! woohooo easter eggs for meeeee

Glad your GT was normal Jo! And I'm jealous your HIP went in, how long ago did you send the form? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->