*** May Babies ***

Oops- I need to get a Valentines card for fathead, and probably a present would be appreciated too :dohh:

i sent it 2 weeks ago so was rather quick, quicker than i thought :)

lol love the pet name katie ;) i call mark Noob mainly cos he is absolute crap at computer games and i find it highly amusing being a gamer myself lol

Haha- it varies between fathead because he has a huge head (obviously!) and snail because he looks like one when he wakes up :lol: :lol:
Ooh, that is quick! I sent mine last Friday so hopefully it'll go in next Friday or shortly after! xx

katie - you should def call your midwife, mine told me to call if I got swelling (canckles :)). is that your McDs cravings satisfied for today or will you be back there for lunch? :haha: x

jolou - thanks for the headsup on the tesco baby event! and yey on the glucose test results :happydance: easter eggs are £1 in Asda at the moment!

just had a nosebleed arrghh, toilets were being cleaned to I had to run about searching for tissues with my hand on my nose, i.e. I looked a right prat :blush:

Katie Fathead. BWA HA HA HA :rofl: My OH and I have similarly "charming" nicknames for one another.

jolou Congrats on your test results. I'm having mine done Monday and am not too pleased about the thought. Though I remember the drink being less horrible than I expected.

Amy Sorry about the nasal hemmoraging

Today's a bit of a nothing day for me: clean house, look for work, take baby to library play group, and pick up my son's prescription at the pharmacy.

Oh, and forgot to add: VIABLE!!!! :happydance:

I do think that's my McDonalds craving done for today! Hmm although now you mention it..!
I'm back on the chalk craving today :wacko: I've been getting it quite a lot lately. I've found that Trebor Extra Strong mints go quite a way towards meeting it which is weird, but then they are a bit chalky I suppose!
I'm at the MW on Tuesday, going to mention it to her then. I could call my family nurse woman but I feel like I pester her :blush:
Hmm, sitting here with Ribena considering doing the post but it doesn't seem very appealing this afternoon! I know there'll be loads because people suddenly realise OH ITS FRIDAY AND THIS HAS BEEN ON MY DESK ALL WEEK.

Well I am still glad it is Friday but this morning has been busy!! And LO seems to be very quiet today which has been on my mind too :( Hoping she'll liven up a bit later!

Frufru.. congrats on giving notice! How long until the big day? (I love wedding talk :blush:!)

Jolou.. congrats on the good GT results!!

Insomnimama... congrats on V day!! :happydance:

And Katie.. love the nickname! Hubby calls me his "little rottweiler" and I have no idea why?! :haha:

Right I'm to get me a really cold drink or some fizzy pop to see if I can get LO to move a little!! :)

I am strangley addicted to double deckers at the mo.... but clearly LO isn't impressed :(

sugar doesn't seem to impress my LO that much either. either that or she has become a little too accustomed to mini eggs :S

hope you get her moving hon. the bath gets mine going, hence the impromptu bath yesterday afternoon, ha.

she's still giving me the odd wriggle but doesn't seem that active. since this is day four i'm wondering whether i'm just expecting her to move more than she does? and i'm just more anxious about it which is why she seems quiet. maybe before i didn't really notice her quieter times? either that or she's growing into an enormous baby!! ha. have just realised haven't had lunch. mmm, sanwiches on my horizon :D

abz xx

I have to be honest.. 2 more hours here don't sound appealing! I'm a lot less than halfway through the afternoon jobs which need finishing by 4, the office is a madhouse as ususal, and the phone is ringing off the hook. And I've decided I've had enough :lol:

Abz... I am in exactly the same boat! I have movement although it is very low down again so she is clearly hiding... and she is not as active as usual. I always felt that she was perhaps too active in comparison with some of the guidelines... so is her reduced movement now normal?! :wacko:

I might try a bath later then :)

Well I have had two lots of disappointing news today..

Historically work have made voluntary payments to Mums of £1000 when they have been back at work for 12 months after maternity leave and a further bonus of £1500 after two years. This scheme was stopped on 1 Oct 2009. Had I told them I was pregnant four weeks earlier I would have still been eligible!! How rubbish is that!! :cry:

And to top it off.. I was hoping for promotion in May and of course have just realised that I will be on maternity leave... so I have a sneaky suspicion that they will defer the decision until October :(

If it wasn't Friday I would be fed up!!

Hope everyone else is having a better day than me!!!!!

hi there!!

that's weird, i was just thinking today that bubs has been quieter this last week or so - still moving quite a bit so nothing to worry about, but seems less than at 18-21 weeks... maybe they're all just growing away quietly???

Jolou - thanks for the heads up about tesco - i need to go there and use my vouchers so will try and get to it soon! and good news about your test, bring on easter :haha:

Pussy galore, that's a shame. I would double check on the promotion thingy tho, because i have a feeling i read somewhere they have to treat you the same even when you're on maternity leave? could be wrong, but there's something at the back of my mind about it....:shrug:

Katie, hope you're getting through it all - it's very, very, very nearly the weekend :)

Congrats on Vday insomnimama!!

I've had a really manic friday - away at a meeting all morning and then had to rush to physio this afternoon. She thinks my rib pain is something to do with an inflamed cartiledge junction :)shrug:) and says if it doesn't improve in another couple of weeks with the exercises and stretches she gave me, she may get me a tens machine to try. So, need to go and read up about it - was going to eventually anyway so might as well do it now!!

Thank god its almost saturday!!!

have a good weekend girls, and a happy valentines day!

:hugs:

Moongirl... you are absolutly right.. there can be no discimination as a result of pregnancy.. but since the promotion was never actually offered (only hinted at) legally there is little I can do :(

Besides, I am just having a winge... my employers couldn't have been nicer about accomodating my maternity leave wishes etc!! I must stop grumbling!!!

Sorry to hear about your rib pain.... hope it gets better soon :) I am a right wimp when it comes to using a tens machine. Hubby has one because of back problems and I borrowed it once and found it uncomfortable even on the lowest setting!!

Moongirl... you are absolutly right.. there can be no discimination as a result of pregnancy.. but since the promotion was never actually offered (only hinted at) legally there is little I can do :(

Besides, I am just having a winge... my employers couldn't have been nicer about accomodating my maternity leave wishes etc!! I must stop grumbling!!!

Sorry to hear about your rib pain.... hope it gets better soon :) I am a right wimp when it comes to using a tens machine. Hubby has one because of back problems and I borrowed it once and found it uncomfortable even on the lowest setting!!

oh well, that's a pity it wasn't official!

Yeah i'm not sure about the whole tens thing - she took me a bit by surprise suggesting it! But i have read about quite a few women who have had it during labour and so i wondered if it would be worth having a bash at it before then? Mind you, I'm sure the pain i'm in is nothing compared to labour :haha: Anyway, i'll see how it goes over the next while. hopefully it'll just sort itself out :thumbup:

have a good weekend everyone!
:hugs:

insomnimama - congrats for insomniababy's future birthday:flower:
katie_xx - don't tell me about nutella. Yesterday morning when going to work I grabbed a jar of nutella and a spoon with me. Ate it all during the breaks between classes. One teacher who saw me eating it said that now she believes I'm pregnant :haha:

Hey all

Anyone doing anything nice on Sunday, Oh has a CAT scan so its not gonna be a nice Val day for us

Hey ladies!

Well its my three year anniversary with OH today so we went out for a lovely meal and he got some I love daddy bits and pieces! Is anyone having problems keeping certain foods down? I really cant eat pizza or anything similar atm.

Altho I have just been given a slice of choc fudge cake yummy he he he

Amy - Sorry to hear you are bugged - are you feeling any better?

Abz - I am glad to hear that you and LO seem ok after your bump yesterday. Hopefully your headache has gone now.

Congratulations on the GD test results Jo :thumbup: and thank you for the heads up on the Tesco baby sale, I may pop in and have a nosey over the weekend. OH and I don't do valentines day either - we would rather save our pennies and use them to celebrate our birthdays or anniversary. As it is Sunday is also Chinese New Year and one of my yoga-pals is has and open house for celebration so I will drop in on her for an hour or so - I have not seen her since Sept so it will be good to catch up :mrgreen:

Happy V-day to you and LO Insomnimama :happydance:

PG - it totally suck balls about your work cutting the bonus scheme :( BOO!

Marta - Mmmm nutella! The only way I like it is eaten off a spoon :blush: OH always has some in the house and I have to tell myself I am just not allowed it otherwise I would eat it spoon by spoon until the jar is empty :blush:

Missy - I hope all goes well with the scan on Sunday. Sending :hugs: to you, LO and OH :hugs:

Happy Anniversary Hope&faith :cake:

I popped by Shawnie's journal thread today and she had posted in the last couple of says saying that Kaylee is doing really well and weighs over 2lb's now :thumbup: She had posted a lovely picture of them snuggling and I must admit I got a bit choked up :blush:

The appointment with our registrar went well and we need to decide on vows etc and let them know before the day. It is weird to think that 6 weeks tomorrow I will be a married lady :wacko: ok married :haha: Which reminds me I MUST order our rings this weekend :dohh:

Well, nearly time for bed. Think I will have a wee peak at the third tri thread before turning in. Night night all xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->