*** May Babies ***

I'm a little bit worried, having tightening pains across my bump, kind of level with my belly button? I'd assume they were BH but they were making me wince a bit earlier! Definitely something to keep an eye on this evening I think!

hey ladies, not been on since saturday morning and not quite catched up yet!

first day of half term here and it already feels like a week lol. Went to see my mum for a bit which was nice.

didnt do much yesterday, watched a bit of the winter Olympics with the ladies bumps (is that right?) and the mens luges (that right? lol) and some of the speed skating. blomin eck they are fast.

harrison didnt stop moving yesterday, from the minute i got up and im sure he was still goin for it when i went to sleep. i think the pain i was having was muscle pain as it seemed to calm down untill i started moving about doing things. so just keeping an eye on it atm

we built the cot on saturday! still stuff to sort out but at east the worst of it is done now, thank god.

hope your all having a nice evening

I'm a little bit worried, having tightening pains across my bump, kind of level with my belly button? I'd assume they were BH but they were making me wince a bit earlier! Definitely something to keep an eye on this evening I think!

katie - dont worry I get these too, I reckon they are BH. you can ask your MW about it in the morning - really hope all is ok x x

PG & abz - my LO has really quiet days too, well then i wonder if its actually days where I am more aware of what he is doing and so I focus on it and think he's quiet. :wacko:

jolou:happydance: yey on building the cot :happydance: x

woohoo for building the cot jolou :D which one did you get in the end? i haven't been to buy mine yet :S ha.

i think i get more concerned about bump's movements when i am concentrating more on her too amy. if i'm busy and i feel her nudging a wee bit i tend not to worry but if i'm at home and not up to much i'm constantly trying to get her to move...

she's been quiet again today but i have had the odd hard thump. so she's in there alright... just being lazy... hopefully she'll wake up a wee bit tonight when i go to bed. she was really quiet last night, i kept waking up, trying to get her to move, feeling her move a wee bit, and then i would wake up again, wouldn't be sure if i'd dreamt getting her to move and go through the rigmarole again... but she's definately been nudging a bit today. will have another prod when i lie down to go to sleep shortly.

work tomorrow. gah. and then off to a friend's house straight after work for pancakes :D is it actuall pancake day tomorrow? i have no idea. i just know that lots of people have been mentioning them and i've been WANTING them.

the fact that so many of us have quiet babies at the moment makes me think that they must go through a big growth spurt at about 25-26 weeks. no?

love to everyone.

abz xx

abz - I'm the same with my LO, I dont think about it when I am really busy but then i focus in on him when i am just sitting here and prod and poke if he's quiet, poor things! they probably think mum just let me sleep!!!

ditto on the quiet baby front, knowing so many of us had quiet days around that time really helped my paranoid side stay tucked away :yellowcard: xx

Hi Ladies,

Glad you are all doing ok. Sorry I have not been around much, it has been a busy 48 hours with not much BnB time. Usually I get some time here and there at work in between busy spells to check and post a little but today was manic with no lull in work volumes at all :rolleyes:

I had my 25w appointment with my MW today - unfortunately my usual MW had been called up to the hospital so a lady from another team covered for her and she was equally lovely. All is well with me and LO and she is very happy with our progress and kept saying to keep doing everything I am doing which was nice to hear. She was not interested in weighing me and when she listened to LO's HB she left it on there for a good long while :thumbup:

I have had a lovely evening at a friends house this evening and I am winding down nicely for sleep. If only LO would stop kicking me in the lady bits - it did not used to bother me too much when she was smaller but now when she does it I feel like I am going to wet myself she kicks so hard :blush: If she keeps it up I think that, despite my regular pelvic floor exercises, I may have to invest in some tenalady just in case :haha:

Have a good night everyone :hugs:

Double digits!

Katie- it does sound like bh. It gets tight and upsets baby, but unless you feel it in your back, I wouldn't stress too much.

good morning everyone. good to hear from you frufru :) glad your appointment went well :D

well i'm sitting here attempting to munch my way through a couple of banana sandwiches since i managed to leave my bran flakes at my friend's house the other day (yes, i went prepared since i was staying over... ha) but they aren't going down too well. seems to stop me feeling sick though so i'll keep at it :) might even make myself an options hot chocolate in a mo, ha.

back at work today. due to keeping almost completely immobile yesterday (i didn't even go downstairs. stayed on the computers and watching things upstairs) my pelvis isn't so sore this morning and i'm hoping it stays that way.

bump was nice and active last night. so much so that my OH could feel her really kicking whilst i was on my side. not something he usually gets. and he finally managed to feel an uber kick. a real thump. it gave him quite a shock, ha. as usually she stops doing them and just nudges when he's there :) i have a feeling this could get really quite painful towards the end, ha. very reassuring though. and she woke up with my alarm clock with me this morning for a few wriggles. so am feeling quite good so far this morning :)

abz xx

I can't believe I am double digits too and one week off work!! :yipee:

I have been getting sharp pains down below every now and again. So not sure what that is either? I think the tightening is defo braxton hicks, not that I'd know what it was if I had it.... I'm assuming. Keep an eye on it and if it gets really bad then call midwife etc.

My little one has been kicking away as per usual but this morning seems really quiet for a change. I think our little ones are going through growth spurt of sorts. My bump felt really tight last night and usually that means my bump will grow.

Went looking for prams/cots etc yesterday. Mind boggling isn't it? Spoke to a friend who had bought a quinny buzz and her 18 month old is too big for it already!!! Now it has me thinking about buying a travel system... do I really need to spend that money? I want and icandy but need to make my decision quick as on 1st March they are upping their prices on everything!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or do I just go to ebay?? Decisions, decisions.

Hope everyone is well xx

hi widger :) so you finish work in a week? i'm so envious :) or do you have a week off? ha. either way, fabulous :)

something else i meant to ask you all is do you get cramp under your bump (in your tummy muscles) if you stretch in your sleep. a couple of times when i've half woken up i've arched my back when lying on my side to really stretch and got very sudden, very painful muscle cramp under one side of my bump, which goes when i react and curl into a (not so tiny) ball. just wandered if this was a regular thing?

bump hasn't stopped beating me up so far this morning. which means she'll be heading for a couple more quiet days after today i reckon... ha.

abz xx

I'm off work for a week on half term :yipee:

Yep, I get that stretching pain underneath my bump too Abz. I've started lying on a pillow so that it doesn't happen so much.

Widger - that's great. I have only 3 weeks left til mat.leave :happydance:
I ate so much, now begging him not to move cause then I really have to run to toilet. But 11th grade is coming to class so I haveto ski with them 3km. After that I'm hungry again :haha:

i honestly don't know how you have the energy marta!!

i have a sausage shaped pillow widger but i still manage to stretch right out at times in the night, and ooch, ha.

abz xx

:hi: hey everyone!!

Well I am in a great mood today... the sun is shining and I've even had to open a window cos the office is so warm!! Let's hope that this is the start of some good weather!

Abz/Amy.. I am so glad we are all having similar movement patterns.. it is so reassuring and has eased my stress levels no end!! Abz.. I am also having cramps under my bump especially at night time but am glad you have had lots of reassuring movement this morning! Mine is still proving to be a bit of a night owl and I keep winding hubby up that she will be just the same when she is born!! (he loves his sleep far too much so he is in for a big shock in May!!)

DWandMJ/Widger... congrats on double digits!! :happydance:

Frufru.. you make me feel guilty when you mention that you are doing pelvic floor exercises. Is anyone else still like me and intending to do them but forgetting!? :blush:

And Marta.. I don't know where you get the energy from!? Pre pregnancy I played hockey four times a week, both indoor and out and on days off I would go running. Since my BFP I have done very little :blush: (although I am missing the exercise, I just don't have the energy!!)

Hope everyone enjoys pancakes later... I have cheated and bought ready made ones..!! :haha:

:)

Congratulations on DD DW&MJ and Widger :happydance:

Widger – I am with you on the pram issue :wacko: there is just so much choice and the are soooooo expensive. The one I am looking at is only sold online so I can’t try or have a look before I buy. I have seen so many 2nd hand prams for sale around our area recently for <£60 that are in really good condition but none of them are tall enough for OH :rolleyes: I have decided not to worry about sorting the pram out until April after the wedding – I have a car seat and a couple of slings which we could make do with for a bit if LO decided to arrive super-early.

I have to sleep with a pillow or blanket to support my bump too – but even with the extra support I still need to move every couple of hours as LO sinks to the hip I am lying on and pinches a nerve eventually bless her.

Marta – enjoy the skiing. I hope you little one behaves and stays nice and still :winkwink:

Pancake day today ladies :happydance: Now I am not a religious person per-se, however I am always up for some yummy pancakes. I am going to make some plain american style pancakes to serve with maple syrup for OH and some banana and blueberry and banana and choc chip ones for me and my friends. Mmmmm yum yum :mrgreen:

Is anyone else pancaking today?

i am off to a friend's house for pancakes :D i love them with lemon and sugar, but citrus has given me horrific heartburn and sickness of late :( so don't think i'll be able to risk it. golden syrup it may have to be :D

abz xx

I'm excited for pancakes too :happydance: I've got chocolate icecream and bananas to put on mine ha! Lemon and sugar just doesn't cut it! I've had the morning off for my MW appointment- all went fab, measuring exactly 26 weeks so I'm pleased! Then went into the Sure Start with my Mum to ask about antenatal classes and ended up sitting in on a breastfeeding workshop which was really interesting.
I got into work about 11.45, and now I'm contemplating actually doing something- so far I've rang back about 43589034 people who'd left messages for me, and posted loads of sickness forms out.. not very much for nearly 2 hours :lol:
Oh and I checked my bank account to see if my phone bill had been taken out yet (it hasn't :dohh:) and my HIP grant is there! I'm SO impressed, I posted it on the 5th!! xx

i forgot to post mine off when it came into date on friday... they dated it for nearly 26 weeks (just to be sure :S) and then of course i forgot all about it. that's tomorrow's job then!!

That is great news about the HIP grant Katie... I posted mine on 9th or 10th so I may have a look next week!! :happydance:

..although we kind of already spent ours on an icandy apple :blush:

Hi everyone!!

Congrats on double digits widger and DW!! :happydance:

That was super quick Katie, i hope mine comes through like that!! i'll get the form on Monday from my MW and try and remember to post it off soon! And that's great that all went well at the MW!

I'm finding it really hard to get comfortable at night (can't believe i've got 15 more weeks, ha!) but think it's mainly my rib pain that's the problem. There's only one weird position i can lie in and after a while my hips start aching so need to move... oh the joys :)

However, the mini-eggs i'm eating are helping, and i do believe that some pancakes may make things seem even better still ;) ! Need to see if i can con my hubby into going to get some (or flour so i can make some!!)

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"