• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** May Babies ***

A wire in your dinner :growlmad: good grief :growlmad:

I hope you have taken it back and made a fuss - you must be able to get at least a couple of free meals out of that.

My bath was super-lovely. LO has since repositioned and is kicking me directly in the vagina (otherwise known as frufru according to a third tri thread :blush:) Lets hope she turns overnight - I have a two hour drive in the morning and could do without LO kicking me in the nethers while I am driving :rolleyes:

:rofl:

Well ladies sadly I do have a UTI :cry: and didn't really want to post anywhere else for advice..

My test came back negative last week but today I had been to the loo so many times and had a little pain, I called in at the GP on the way home to make an appt and the GP actually agreed to see me straightaway because he had a cancellation!!

He tested another sample and said it was probable that I had a UTI but that it was not definite! However his preference was to prescribe antibiotics rather than wait until Monday to take a sample to the hospital for testing.

So now I am on antibiotics (nitrofurantoin/macrodantin) and worrying a little. I appreciate that UTI's are common in pregnancy but I have never had one before and haven't taken any medication in this pregnancy and am worried about the affects on LO.

Anyone else had to take these tablets before?

Thanks ladies :)

Oh PG I am sorry you are not well :hugs:

FX'd I have not had anything like this so do not really have any advice. I am sure your GP would not prescribe anything that could harm your LO.

Sam9kids has posted on third tri about UTI's quite recently - maybe send her a pm?

As for the whole vagina-frufru thing - honestly I could have died of embarassment :haha:

lol frufru have u named yourself after the vagina? :) i was reading that before and seen it was posted about calling it a frufru i chuckled and thought of you

as for the uti thing, ive not had any during pregnancy *touch wood* but like frufru has said im sure the doc wont prescribe anything that would harm you pg.

and katie! a wire in your food! complain complain complain!

ive stupidly let soph stay up tonight since mark has gone out and she has fallen asleep on the sofa, i have no idea how im gonna get her up the stairs cos if i wake her she gets reallly freaky and panicy...im sure she has a screw loose somewhere lol

Well I hope you have all had a good day - it has been quiet in here so I guess we must have all been busy.

I have to say I have never ever heard of frufru as a slang name for the vagina - clearly if I had I would not have chosen it as my username :dohh: Fru is a nickname my mum used to call me when I was little and I had to use more than 3 letters in my username so just repeated it.

We popped to ikea today and picked up a chest of drawers for LO's room, among other things! We met up with BIL, SIL in our niece which was lovely - we saw them before Christmas and their LO has grown loads and is just delightful :mrgreen:

So tomorrows task will be to watch OH put the chest of drawers together :haha:

tbh frufru i hadnt heard it either nicknamed that lol

not been too busy today but my lordy i feel tired.

I'm going to stick around till Friday, at which point I'll be "fake third tri", i.e. thirteen weeks till baby is born. But I've posted in the third tri thread, and it is looking up since you all started talking about food there. I was a bit put off at first what with the OP starting the thread so early and saying she didn't like 2nd tri (WHAT'S WRONG WITH US :rofl: ) but it seems more welcoming over there of late.

I'm going to stick around till Friday, at which point I'll be "fake third tri", i.e. thirteen weeks till baby is born. But I've posted in the third tri thread, and it is looking up since you all started talking about food there. I was a bit put off at first what with the OP starting the thread so early and saying she didn't like 2nd tri (WHAT'S WRONG WITH US :rofl: ) but it seems more welcoming over there of late.

Yes I agree its been a bit of a downer in here of late

No I mean more welcoming in there than it used to be, not more welcoming than in here. I suspect this board is growing quiet because so many people have already reached third tri :hugs:

Im still sticking around ... just having a manic weekend! I have a four year old under my feet who is insiting on doing anything and everything. I was planning on getting the first coat of paint in the nursery today but looks like thats not going to happen!

Im going to see my mum sing tonight in Birmingham, very excited but I will be so tired afterwards think I will prob fall asleep on the way home! Hope everyone is ok x xx x

Hello Ladies,

I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.

Being due 31st May I am one of the last few May Mummies so I have stayed here so far.

I had a busy morning finding homes for all the lovely things I bought yesterday whilst my homemade muffins were cooking :thumbup: Then this afternoon OH and I went into the city to look at prams/pushchairs and I think we have a winner :happydance:

At the moment we are thinking we will get the Obaby Zezu pramette. I have been reading up on all the prams everyone else has and is getting and I really like the sound of this one. It is suitable from birth and can be switched from a carrycot to buggy style without adding on different bits of kit, plus it can be rear or front facing which I really like. They stock it in our local Boots so we went in and had a play with it and I think it will be just the job for us. It is £249 in Boots, however, I can get it online for about £200 and it should see LO through to age 3 if needs be :thumbup:

The drawers in LO's room remain un-assembled due to the impromptu shopping trip but they can wait another week. I am on late shifts most of this week so I could assemble the drawers myself one morning and leave the main structure for OH when he has time hmmmm that might be an option. As you can tell I am a little desperate to get them up so I can start washing and putting away all the lovely things I have bought :mrgreen:

So overall it has been a pretty productive weekend - the weird nausea, cramps and exhaustion I had last week seems to have stayed away which is great.

I hope you had a nice time with your Mum Hope&Faith

Have a lovely evening everyone x

Oh and I forgot to say............

:happydance::yipee::dance::headspin::loopy::smug::happydance::yipee::dance::headspin::loopy::smug:
Double digits for me today
:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

lol frufru have u named yourself after the vagina? :) i was reading that before and seen it was posted about calling it a frufru i chuckled and thought of you

as for the uti thing, ive not had any during pregnancy *touch wood* but like frufru has said im sure the doc wont prescribe anything that would harm you pg.

and katie! a wire in your food! complain complain complain!

:rofl:

.. in our neck of woods we used to call them foo foos!!!

I've had a few comments about my user name from those who don't know that PG was an infamous Bond girl!!! :haha:

Anyway... back from my wknd away in London and had a fab time, but we were a little too tired for The Baby Show today and only ended up staying about two hours!! Lots to see and buy but the discounts didn't amount to much so I'm not sure I would go again!

Officially in 3rd tri today!!! :happydance: but will hang around here until we are all in 3rd tri cos I love this thread!! :blush:

Hope everyone is well and had a good wknd :)

howdy chaps. hope everyone had a good weekend?

PG i've sent you a private message :)

i did almost nothing all weekend. i'm so shattered today. i couldn't sleep last night. kept thinking about the fact that i really should confront my boss today about him being an arse and find out if there's actually a reason. if i'm doing something wrong then i would rather know about it. but i'm kakking it!!

abz xx

morning! not had a very busy weekend really, probably been more busy this morning than i have all weekend lol but im so pooped, you would think after a quiet weekend id be fresh as a daisy lol i think its watching sophie run around like a nutter that wares me out lol

have my mw appointment this morning, i officially get told my gt test was fine and also get the results of the other blood tests. im gonna mention to her about my breathing aswel, im sure its not normal how out of breath i get, just turning over in bed has my chest feeling really tight. from around 8 last night i was getting BHs every half hour-40 min, alll night and this morning aswel, one lot of them was rather uncomfortable and felt like a period pain and bubs has been rather quiet this morning just the odd kick, trying to get all fussy about it and assume he is sleeping lol but il mention that aswel to MW.

yay frufru on double digits!!

Happy double digits Frufru! Not long til we're all over in 3rd tri now :wacko:
I'm staaarving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back