• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** May Babies ***

i am fuming!!

i went to toys r us and bought a car seat. i couldn't find anyone to fit it for me but there was a leaflet attached to the car seat saying which cars it fitted in. i bought it and when i picked it up i asked the chap if he could confirm it. he said if the leaflet said it fit then it would be fine. thomas calls there after work to get someone to try it. it doesn't fit without buying the base for another £35. fine thinks i. we'll return it. oh. can't. their policy doesn't allow you. nobody told me this. apparently there are signs but they must be teeny because neither myself, nor my best mate, who must have been there about four times recently to look at car seats and push chairs saw them. so i rang them and told them that the leaflet attached to the car seat specifies that it should fit my car. this refers to the base, but it doesn't say that anywhere. in fact nowhere is a base mentioned. i get treated like an imbecile. speak to the manager who says there is a picture of the seat going into a base nearby!! wtf!!?! and that i just spoke to a warehouse guy when picking up the seat and he isn't qualified to give me advice (how am i supposed to know that) and that the baby area was being staffed by three people this morning (well fuck knows where they were then!!) i'm so angry at myself for not double checking like i usually do. but even more angry that i didn't get an apology for such a horrid experience and was treated like an absolute idiot by all concerned when i asked and was given bad information. i'll be writing to head office about it. and sod them if they think they are getting the other £35 off me. i'm going to halfords.

right. rant over. i may have made a really stupid mistake. but i don't deserve to be treated like that. i'm going back to my beans on toast :)

abz xx

id be fuming too, defo write to HO and say their signage (if any) needs to be better and there was no staff around for you to ask even tho they said there was 3 ment to be there

Yep I agree Abz... write to HO and complain. That is really poor service..

Hope the food helps!! :haha:

food always helps :D it's already gone!! ha. my mum has insisted on giving me the extra money for the base, even though i tried to refuse it. she was paying for the car seat and pushchair and my mistake totally blew the budget, ha. but i have come to terms with it now. am still going to write though!!

i haven't even opened the box. what if it's the wrong colour or something?

food always helps :D it's already gone!! ha. my mum has insisted on giving me the extra money for the base, even though i tried to refuse it. she was paying for the car seat and pushchair and my mistake totally blew the budget, ha. but i have come to terms with it now. am still going to write though!!

i haven't even opened the box. what if it's the wrong colour or something?

Abz.. if you can't return it, I would open the box and check!

You've got me wondering now... we ordered our car seat and the base when we bought the buggy etc cos it was so much cheaper and it has been sat in the spare room for a few weeks now. I might have to get hubby to check it out later!!

At least you have come to terms with the overspending... I have too, but hubby has a bit of shock coming his way at the end of the month! :blush:

i have been very very good in the over spending, i actually havent spent much of our own money on anything, we used the hip grant for the cot matress and bouncy chair, my mum and marks mums paid for the pram, sis bought the changing bag, mum bought the bedding, only things we have bought ourselves is nappies, wipes etc and clothes... yet mark still moans if i wanna buy something else lol he shoudl count himself luvky we havent had to fork out for the big things! grandad is giving us £100 just before im due or once baby is here (he said i can have it now but dont like asking) so that will go on the mini wardrobe ive seen that will fit in nicely, changing mat and the monitors.

i have just realised something...... its the last ever episode of being human on sunday night :'( howwww am i going to cope without my weekly fix of the shexy mitchell....

Argh money is a big problem- I'm grateful for the good financial situation I'm in at the moment though. I only pay £250 to my Mum and then £30ish for my phonebill and whatever I owe to catalogues/overdraft etc. But I still don't seem to have enough to last me the month and buy baby things!

I've been really good on spending too - not deliberately, just because i'm terrible at making decisions :haha: more of a window shopper!! Will need to get onto it soon though....

I was out for a cuppa with my friend last night who is getting induced on Monday, and it really made me think that i need to get my ass in gear with preparations!! Did go to Tescos and buy a couple of bits for my hospital bag tho, so that's a start! :haha:

have a good day all!

:hugs:

I'm freakishly excited for doing my hospital bag!! The bit that's confusing me at the moment is what bags to use :shrug:
I've decided I'm going to get those ziplock freezer type bags- mainly because I love being organised to the point it's a bit creepy :lol:- because I want to do one with 3 sleepsuits, 3 vests, a hat and bibs in newborn, and another one the same in 0-3 just incase she's big! Also thinking they'll be useful for bringing home dirty baby clothes and the like.
I've also decided I'm going to do a labour bag, an overnight bag, and one with nappies and whatever in. That way I can leave everything in the car until I need it and not look like I'm moving in :lol:
Okay, enough ramble from me, I've lost my train of thought anyway- customers really need to stop phoning me with random/bizarre questions!

im taking a weekender back for my stuff, with things like make up, shower stuff clean clothes underwear etc in and im nicking sophies ds lol and taking my changing bag for harrisons things in with about 5 or so sleepsuits, vests etc, nappies wipes cotton wool.

ah yes, good ideas re multiple bags and resealable plastic ones! i haven't really thought about it at all.... i have a nice holdall type bag that i use for overnight trips but not sure if it'll be big enough, plus it has nice flocked material which i guess might get damaged!! :blush: But maybe if i use change bag for baby stuff and hold all for me it could work. Guess i'll just accumulate all the stuff first and see how much room i need. Another list, great! :haha:

Oooh hospital bags... now that is a good topic to start a "chat about"!!

Having a mad one at work today but will pop back later to this thread and add some comments!! :)

Off to get lunch and in desperate need of choccy today! :blush:

im kicking myself for not gettin an easter egg yesterday...i fancy chocolate badly lol

good morning chaps. have found out that mothercare do the same car seat base. they will check it fits in the car properly with the seat we've already got too, so that's good :) so toys r us are not getting another penny out of me. i've calmed down since yesterday. i'm angry at myself for not triple checking things like i usually do, and if OH had done it i'd probably have gone mad, ha. but i'm still livid with them!! will write a complaint to head office.

we opened the box when i got home from work last night and it is the right one. it's a damn fine car seat too. so that's good, ha. would have been awful if i'd opened it and decided i hated it!! also you can use it up to a year which is longer than most, but of course it goes on size and weight rather than age, so we'll see :)

suppose i'll have to pop out with OH later to order it :)

abz xx

I'm tirrrrred. Please make it an hour later!
Tonight I've got what feels like loads to do- in reality we're going to the pub for dinner, and then going to my Mum's so I can wash my hair (too lazy to take straighteners, hair dryer and all my rubbish I put on it!) and pick up clothes for work tomorrow, then go back to Vinny's. For some reason that feels like LOADS :dohh: :lol:
Looking forward to seeing everyone's thoughts on hospital bags- I'm weird I know!

Hospital bags.. I haven't given this much thought yet to be honest but one night when I was incredibly bored... I did start reading the thread on 3rd tri and one really useful items that I will pack is flip flops for the shower!! :blush:

There were a number of interesting debates

1. What size baby clothes to take (newborn or 0-3 or a combination of both?) Opinion seems very divided on this and I genuinely have no idea! I have even read of people packing some "tiny" baby clothes too. I wonder how much you can rely on the baby weight estimations to help with sizing?

2. How many baby clothes do you pack?

3. Wet wipes or cotton wool? There were one or two posts suggesting that hospitals did not like you using wet wipes because they are not suitable for newborns!? I struggle to accept this but would welcome views!!?

4. Do you need to take formula in case you opt to not breastfeed or if breastfeeding isn't immediately successful? It seems hospitals differ on this too!?

I'm sure there are plenty of other topics to debate but these are the ones tha got me thinking or made me smile!!

Views anyone!!??

(Abz... glad you are happy with the car seat!!)

Oh god...... another thing I need to think about buying..... will someone please sort me out :grr: and get me to buy something for this baby and QUICK!!

Am I the only one who has not bought a thing yet? All I do is talk about it, I'm faffing around so much!!

PG. my best mate thought it silly not to use baby wipes with her second so took them into hospital... and gave him a rash. so she said it's best to go with cotton wool as she felt so guilty with her newborn!! ha.

i am mainly taking 0-3 as that's mainly what i've bought. but i've got a few cheapy newborn things from the asda basic range i think it's called. just plain white. just in case :)

abz xx

Evening Ladies ... Well I have decided to start my hospital bag / bags once the nursery is finished but guess what the first two coats of paint are now on the walls! The ceinling needs a further coat of white and then the walls need painting the proper colour but its so exciting to think we have actually started it! OH is also installing the radiator in there on Saturday hence the rush to finish the painting but it looks better already!

I m really struggling with sleep atm am getting around 2 hours a night and im also anemic so starting iron tablets. Im going to stop ranting now as I am in an awful mood today everything has annoyed me. Hmm hopefully a better day tomorrow and over the weekend!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

PG. my best mate thought it silly not to use baby wipes with her second so took them into hospital... and gave him a rash. so she said it's best to go with cotton wool as she felt so guilty with her newborn!! ha.

i am mainly taking 0-3 as that's mainly what i've bought. but i've got a few cheapy newborn things from the asda basic range i think it's called. just plain white. just in case :)

abz xx

And that is why this site is soooo useful!! Cotton wool it is then!! :)

I was going to take 0-3 until I read the thread on 3rd tri! Asda is not a bad shout!! :wacko:

Are you on team :yellow: Abz?!

Widger... get shopping!! Pay day tomorrow for me!! :happydance:

hope&faith... hope tomorrow is a better day!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->