*** May Babies ***

nope. i am probably having a girl :D i say probably because she said she was 80% sure. and she seemed to think this was a high probability, whereas i'm lying there thinking 'that's a 1 in 5 chance you're wrong'. ha. so i think i'm having a little girl. it's going to be a hell of a shock if i have a little boy (but i thought i was and was shocked when finding out it was a girl, hee. but i couldn't be more stoked about it now :D) but i've kept buying 'girlie' things to a minimum. i bought two little dresses for when she's a bit older because i couldn't resist. and the curtains etc are rather girly, ha but hey. all the clothes could go either way really :)

id say take both newborn and 0-3 cos of sizing, for example asda's newborn range is for up to 9llbs, which means if u have an 8llb baby or 7llber then it will be slightly loose so imagine what a 0-3 months would be since they do tend to last a few months, i leanrt my lesson the 1st time around by only taking 0-3 and ended up sending sophies dad home to get some newborn size sleepsuits cos she looked silly in 0-3 lol

im also tkaing both cotton wool and wipes, i used cotton wool tho in the hospital but i figure wipes would be ok for me to use if i wanted.

Wow im glad I read this! I was only planning on taking 0 - 3 months as I think she is going to be a big baby but what happens if she is only 8lbs and all the things I have bought swamp her. hmmm maybe I should invest in some cheap newborn sleep suits. Hoping to get the second coat on the nursery today but Im so tired im not sure Im up to much. Does anyone have any tips on how to get to sleep at night as last night I was awake until 3 am again. Hope everyone is ok x x x

Abz... I was absolutely certain that I was having a boy too as did everyone at work!

The scan was a complete shock but I was over the moon to be honest!

We haven't bought much girlie stuff either although we have bought two dresses for 3-6 months cos we have 5 weddings over the summer some of which our LO will be invited to!

I have also bought a mini England kit which I am sure is for a boy, but I couldn't resist!! :blush:

Jolou.. thanks for the tips! I think I will take some of both sizes then! How many sleepsuits etc would you recommend taking?

mmm well im probably taking about 3 newborn and a couple of 0-3 sleepsuits, i doubt il need that many but who knows how long il be in for. same for the baby vests, as for other things i cant remember how much i took of stuff and didnt have enough mark or someone could bring extra with them, we only live about 20 min from the hospital.

did someone ask about taking formula? i think that depends on the hospital, the countess of chester (where i had sophie) provide the milk for you if u decide not to breastfeed and i think the glan clwyd do aswel (where im having this one), at least they gave it a friend of ours as soon as baby was born, was quite funny when he told us, his OH ended up having a c-section due to exhaustion, so as soon as baby came out he was handed baby and some glass jars of milk and teats seperate, they didnt bother to help him do the bottles up so he had a baby in one hand and milk and teats in the other lol he was like ooookkk how do i do this then. oo that went slightly off topic lol

i came to realise yesterday i need to buy bigger knickers :( my bum seems to have got wider all of a sudden and im forever having to pull my knickers up so they aint riding down! argh, mum said "oohh you should buy proper big knickers for when u come out of hospital" thanks mum for reminding me how unsexy pregnancy and birth is lol

as for tips on getting to sleep, have you tried horlicks or oveltine (oveltine i was hooked on at the start of pregnancy and was full of folic acid) hope&faith? or just a warm cup of milk. I struggle sometimes to get to sleep and kick myself for not trying warm milk or something.

i think i have Harrisons coming home outfit! mark laughed when i said i needed something nice for him to come out in, i explained its his first time out in the big wide world! there will be pics and everything!! its nothing spectacular just a sleepsuit and hat set thats blue and white stripes with a monkey looking like he is hanging over the shoulder saying "just monkeying around" or something, really cute. I remember exactly what sophie came home in, it was a pink velour sleepsuit with bambi on, soo cute hehe

ohh and PG harrsion already has some england trainers i think (my sis found them in work and was going to buy them not sure if she did tho) and he will be getting a little england kit, i just need to find sophies...

Again Jolou, thanks for all of your tips!! :)

As for tips on getting to sleep, I would appreciate some!!

Tiredness is my current moan!! :blush:

my pushchair arrived this morning and i'm ridiculously excited about it, ha. so glad i got the purple one on a whim. it's fab. unless that's still the whim talking, hee. half killed myself putting the wheels on etc. i hadn't realised how much more difficult contorting myself into strange positions had become :S ha.

so that's today's excitement. off out shopping to return something from pumpkin patch that i've decided was far too expensive for what it is, and i love the giraffe and bird sets you can get in m and s so might get one of those instead :)

Well ladies- I'm off to third tri. Neither my ticker nor BnB think I am in third tri but my doc does, and that's good enough for me :rofl:

See you all there!

:hi: everyone

Apologies I have been AWOL the last few days. I have had lots going on, some good, some not so good :wacko: nevermind as in 15 minutes time I will have finished work and it will be the start of the weekend :woohoo:

I was "spring-cleaning" the bathroom and all our storage cupboards yesterday and started my hospital bag. There is currently a disposable toothbrush and some mini toothpaste in there :haha: While I am hoping for a homebirth I will pack my bag just in case.

I was going to pack 4 sets of vests and babygro's, 2 newborn and 2 0-3 aswell as a cardi and a hat. If I were to end up in the hospital for a while or needed more clothes OH can always bring some in.

I was going to take cotton wool pads for cleaning and changing LO. I thought I might take a small packet of baby wipes for me to use. I was not going to take formula - I can't see the hospital letting my baby starve if for some reason I am not able to breastfeed :shrug:

I am trying to write a detailed reply but keep getting interrupted :growl: so will have to wait until tomorrow morning when I log-on from home.

God knows how many pages I have missed on the 3rd tri thread :wacko:

:hugs: to you and your LO

Is Frufru nesting?!?! :)

I'm wondering when I will feel like spring cleaning!!? :winkwink:

i am desperately hoping i get a sudden nesting phase. heaven knows my house needs it!!

I need a nesting phase too! We still seem to be living out of boxes and the baby stuff is all over the house (and my parents house!) we really need to get a move on with sorting the house before May! Today is radiator fitting day and if that goes in ok we may put the cot up tomorrow! but then oh needs to finish carpeting downstairs so the dining table can be delivered. so much to do!

How is everyone today?

I find cleaning quite relaxing and therapeutic, yes I am a saddo :winkwink:

The cleaning this week was to try and calm myself down and distract me after a stressful few days. OH is not very well and is in need of an operation but before this can be scheduled in he needs various diagnostic tests - the timing of this is not so great what with us getting married at the end of March and LO due at the end of May but when did the universe/karma/God stop to check whether something was convenient :rolleyes:

His details were passed to the hospital 2 months ago so they could schedule in the tests. We called the doctors on Thursday to chase up an appointment as we had not heard anything, only to be told they could not find a record of him having been referred WTF :shrug: OH was absolutely distraught after finding this out and feels really let down and angry, which naturally upset me too. The surgery have said it will take a week to investigate what is happening/has happened to the referral :nope: We had hoped that everything would have been sorted before LO arrives but it would seem that this probably won't happen now. Screw giving them a week (they have already had 2 months!), we will be calling on Monday to chase them again.
:growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad:

Breathing deeply and trying to find my happy place.......

I hope those of you in the UK are not suffering too badly weather-wise. It is really wet and windy here - I looked out of my kitchen window this morning to find that my coldframe has been ripped from the wooden frame it is nailed and tied to overnight by the wind :shock: I have yet to venture outside but I think the joints that hold it together have sheared off, so fear that the damage is irreparable - I think the word I want to use here is BOLLOCKS!

Happy place where are you??

FOUND IT :mrgreen: Our wedding rings were delivered this morning :happydance: and we are both wearing them now :haha: It is only 4 weeks today until I become a Mrs :thumbup: Also I have just noticed I moved up a box on my ticker :mrgreen:

So this week has been a mixed bag - some good, some not so good. Like my grandma says - what does not kill us makes us stronger :rolleyes:

Apologies for this rather self indulgent ranty post - I hope you don't all mind too much. It does feel better to get it off my chest.

The benefit of all the therapeutic cleaning and sorting is that we are now in a position to start the little bit of painting needed in the nursery and put up the drawers we got from ikea last weekend :thumbup:

Sorry I have not done any individual replies - I hope to catch up properly on both May threads properly over the next few days and find out how you all are and what you have been up to... and eating :winkwink:

Breakfast for LO and I today was fruit and fibre topped with fresh banana and blueberries Mmmm nom nom nom

you rant all you want honey. it's what we're here for :)

glad you found your happy place. absolutely crap news for your OH. i hope they can give you some answers on monday. why on earth do they need a week? they should just be putting through an emergency referral since they've messed up. i hate it when things like this happen!!

As Abz said rant all you like ... Im glad its not just me ranting!

Thats really rubbish about your OH and they definately shouldnt need a week to sort out hopefully they will have an answer for you on Monday.

Well me and OH still arguing about where the radiator is going to go ... at this rate we wont have one in time for May! Maybe I should just go and get in the way with some paint!

well at least in may it's unlikely you'll need a radiator?

we have a problem in that the radiator in the baby's room has decided to not turn off. at all. it's stuck on full whack. so we need to get that sorted or aargh, ha. baby will be in our room to begin with, but even so. that one radiator warms up all of upstairs. it's a massive radiator given the size of the room (we didn't fit it). so yes. must get that checked out...

We prob wont need the radiator in May but we will in the winter and i dont really want to move everything around once its in! I can here the radiator box being opened!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->