*** May Babies ***

im prone to them too, my mum and aunt got them, i didnt get them till after sophie was born on my stomach but i was prone to them on my hips when younger, if i put some weight on, im trying to minimise the ones i have using bio-oil, i know it wont stop them cos i believe nothing stops them coming if your prone to them but this oil certainly does make the appearance of my previous ones a lot better, my mum uses it too but on marks she has on her neck from sun damage and its getting rid of those slowly. hopefully i dont get many more! my stomach was horrid after sophie, it was like an old womans wrinkly belly lol

oh and i weighed myself yesterday.....ive put on another half a stone in a month! and im hardly eating, what i do eat is fairly healthy lol weight watchers here i come after baby is born, ive got a feeling il be bigger this time around then i was with sophie, even tho i was slimmer before getting pregnant than i was before getting pregnant with sophie..strange!

Hi everyone!

Hope you are all well!!

Well my update after going to the hospital yesterday is that I am definitely a carrier of Thalassemia. It only becomes an issue now if DH is also a carrier and he had to have his bloods taken yesterday. There is only a 1 in 1000 chance he is a carrier as he is white british (it is normally found in certain ethnic groups ie mediterrean/Chinese etc). If he is found to be a carrier we will have to test the baby and there is a 1 in 4 chance the baby will have full thalassemia and they recommend termination - but am trying to stay positive as there is such a small chance of DH being a carrier in the first place.

My blood sugar also came borderline diabetic so they will monitor that again at 28 weeks they said.

But the big thing from yesterday is during having his bloods taken DH almost fainted - he is terrible at all things medical etc - he even once fainted looking at a cartoon in a first aid book?!?!?! We had a long chat and decided that he should not be there for the birth as I really need someone there who can cope and support me and not need looking after themselves. To be honest he looked really relieved.

So now I have the problem of finding someone to be with me - my mum is out of the country doing volunteer work in May, my friends who I would like to be with me all work, don't really want my MIL. So I suppose that only leaves me the option of a doula?? Will have to do some research into it. How can they guarantee they will be free when you go into labour?!?!

what is a doula honey?

i am so sorry you are having to go through this stress. when do your OH's bloods come back?

and would he faint if he stayed at your head end? to be honest i'm worried about my OH. he's terrified of needles so if need injecting or have an epidural he'll have to be gone, and i don't know how he copes with other things... so i've told him to stay at the top of the bed...

abz xx

Its good your staying positive cactusgirl, its the best thing to do! like you say its a small chance, when do you get the results back? fingers crossed you dont have to wait too long.

As for the birthing partner thing, ive no diea how a doula can guarentee they will be free when you go into labour, i guess theres plenty of info out there for you to look into. Im slightly worried about my OH too, he isnt the best when it comes to operations on just tv shows and i looked up labour on youtube just to let him see and he wouldnt even look..thing is we know im having a c-section so god knows what he will be like, he is worrying himself stupid, ive told him they have a screen up etc and you just stay near my head and look at me but he wont listen, he must think he will be forced to see my open stomach or something :dohh:

Cactusgirl: I have my fingers crossed for you too.

My husband is a bit useless too. I am hoping for a home birth and his job will be to fetch me things I need and keep our dog clam (I have 2 dogs and a cat and one of my dog's and cat would go in another room and have no interest but the other dog gets upset if she sees/hears someone in pain). I also tried to show him something on youtube and he could not even watch! I found a clip that had the third stage in it and I have to admit it I was a bit surprised by it too.

Hey girls!

I'm now getting a bit panicky - my hubby isn't very squeamish but i am! I really can't watch an episode of ER without hiding behind a pillow!! how on earth am i going to do this?! the thought of seeing it on youtube makes me shudder! i am gonna be a quivering wreck :haha:

Cactusgirl - hope you get the results soon, i'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about.

:hugs:

Hey girls!

I'm now getting a bit panicky - my hubby isn't very squeamish but i am! I really can't watch an episode of ER without hiding behind a pillow!! how on earth am i going to do this?! the thought of seeing it on youtube makes me shudder! i am gonna be a quivering wreck :haha:

Cactusgirl - hope you get the results soon, i'm sure you'll have nothing to worry about.

You can see people givnig birth on YouTube?!?

xx

what is a doula honey?

i am so sorry you are having to go through this stress. when do your OH's bloods come back?

and would he faint if he stayed at your head end? to be honest i'm worried about my OH. he's terrified of needles so if need injecting or have an epidural he'll have to be gone, and i don't know how he copes with other things... so i've told him to stay at the top of the bed...

abz xx

Abz - a doula (I had to look it up when I first came on this site!) tends to be another female who is experienced in childbirth and supports you through the whole process. They will even come to antenatal classes and spend time after the baby is born if you need them too!! Might just move her in!

Omiomen - that made me laugh that you were suprised by the third stage too!!

Jolou - they said the results should be back in a few days and if don't hear anything presume it is ok. I don't know why they cannot send a letter confirming it is all ok I mean what if the bad letter goes missing and you think everything is ok and it isn't?!

I am glad I am not the only one with a useless OH!!!

Hey girls!

You can see people givnig birth on YouTube?!?

xx

Not quite the same but one of my friends on facebook put up her c-section photos - OMG?!?!? It should have come with a warning!!!

Good afternoon girls - just a flying visit to say hi and wish you all well.

I have managed to get my scan pic up as an avatar - can't decide if it is better viewed as a landscape picture or ## noooooo mind freeze can't remember what is called DOH ## ok remembered now ## or is it better in portrait? Hmmmmm

I have to dash out again now - we are away on holiday next week so I have lots of people to see before we go which is really eating into my BnB time *sigh*. At least with a week off I will get to spend some more time with you girls :winkwink:

Lots of :hugs: to you all and thank you for your support and kind wishes now and always xx

Hey girls!

My friend who gave birth 4 weeks ago said she almost went into an altered state of consciousness - she was aware she was pooing and weeing herself but it was like she did not care anymore!! :wacko:

Holy crap you would have to be in some state not to care you had pooed yourself in public!!! :shrug:

I think with DH he does not necessarily need to directly SEE the squeamish stuff his imagination takes over 10fold and then he passes out!! So staying up the head end would not really work!!

There was a section on BBC news this morning from a doctor saying that OH's should not be present at the birth - once DH had latched on to that he is taking that as medical fact!!

PS - I just have to tell you.

Now I know in my mind I am pregnant and of course I am looking forward to it - but I have to say I was still a little suprised when the wand went on my tummy yesterday and there was a baby inside.

Yes folks - I am a weirdo :blush:

[/QUOTE]

Not quite the same but one of my friends on facebook put up her c-section photos - OMG?!?!? It should have come with a warning!!![/QUOTE]

no no no - that is wrong on so very many levels!!!

PS - I just have to tell you.

Now I know in my mind I am pregnant and of course I am looking forward to it - but I have to say I was still a little suprised when the wand went on my tummy yesterday and there was a baby inside.

Yes folks - I am a weirdo :blush:

there is nothing wrong with that at all Frufru!!!

I sometimes don't 'feel' pregnant!

Youtube has a lot of videos of people giving birth and some show EVERYTHING! I actually find it really useful, I feel like it will make me a bit less shocked when the time comes. I found this video really useful because before watching it I thought the third stage was totally different (warning: this is a graphic video).....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fwWdVda8sg

Youtube has a lot of videos of people giving birth and some show EVERYTHING! I actually find it really useful, I feel like it will make me a bit less shocked when the time comes. I found this video really useful because before watching it I thought the third stage was totally different (warning: this is a graphic video).....

QUOTE]

OmiOmen I can't believe you put that up here! I have only just managed to be able to look at the giving birth photos in my pregnancy book...!!

x

FruFru I am the exact same i am always shocked when i see the baby in a scan, so we can be weird together!!!!!
Omiomen I watched that one this morning, it was the noises she was making that disturbed me the most ick!!!

Mrs RC: Sorry, I actually thought it would come up with a link and not the front of the video. It was defiantly delivering the placenta that shocked me, I had no clue it was like that (but am glad I now know).

oh. my. god. No way can i watch that. At least not yet anyway! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->