*** May Babies ***

I know this is the best way to give birth i.e squatting but I just can't see how my thighs could ever be strong enough to hold me haha!! Ick so scared of giving birth was reading birth stories today on Emmas Diary trying to break myself in gentley haha!

I know this is the best way to give birth i.e squatting but I just can't see how my thighs could ever be strong enough to hold me haha!! Ick so scared of giving birth was reading birth stories today on Emmas Diary trying to break myself in gentley haha!

I know what you mean, I think I would just fall over. So far I think all fours may be the most practical but obviously will have no idea until the time comes. I would recommend YouTube, some actually do not make it seem that bad and a few get me all teary when the baby is born!

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I'm away back to first tri......

LOL

yeah you tube is good did you see the one with the women who gave birth unassisted in what looks like a tank thing (although I am sure it was a birthing pool lol?) no effing way would i be doing that, no hospital, doctors of drugs eek. I do get all teary when baby is born as well keep thinking to myself is oh sh** that will be me in May...sniff...sniff :D

Is that the one with the 18 year old girl in a birthing centre? That one made me cry when the baby was born, defiantly the least scary video I had seen. I am hoping for a home-water birth so am mostly looking those up to try and give myself some confidence.

No I seen that one too that made me cry awell that young thing dealt with the birth admirably, i can't see me being that brave :D
No it was a women on her own in a birthing pool(I think) with no medical staff or anybody just her husband, you can't see much but i sat watching with my gob open while she delivered this baby with no assistance, eep!
It would be grat ifyou could have a home water birth so much better for all invovled. I want drugs lots and lots and lots of drugs so hospital all the way for me teehee! When will you find out if this is a possibility for you? x

I have not seen that one yet.

I think if everything goes well on my 20 week scan (23rd of December) then I will be able to have a homebirth. But I think I have SPD so need to ask my midwife if that will be a problem although I have read that waterbirths are recommended for SPD and C-sections and an epidural are not so am just hoping the home part will still be ok. I am guessing my midwife will want to talk about birthing options at my appointment after the scan.

Hi im due on the 3rd May 2010 - Cant wait!!! Not showing much at all yet though as this is my first baby. x

Omiomen what is SPD if you don't mind me asking?
Welcome to B&B Meika x

Hello and welcome meika. :wave:

I have not gotten a diagnosis yet (I don't see my midwife until the 9th of December) but am sure it is SPD. SPD stands for Symphysis pubis dysfunction and is a painful problem with your pelvis and unfortunately it gets worse the bigger you get....

https://www.ivillage.co.uk/pregnancyandbaby/pregnancy/complicatepreg/articles/0,,15_187741,00.html

oh gosh that is unpleasant i do hope you don't have this and that you get the homebirth that you want, well not long till you see the midwife will keep my fingers, toes, eyes etc crossed for you xoxox

Hi ladies hope all had good day-feeling slight movements now so exciting
xx

I am sure I have it but it does go normally after birth so I will not have to put up with it forever. I don't think it will affect a homebirth but I will have to wait and see.

Congratulations bexxie!

Congrats to all the ladies feeling movements

when did you start feeling them

I felt movement at 13+2 and every few days since feeling them until recently but now I am now feeling short faint 'thumps' occasionally (over the past 3 days or so) but they are over so fast that I do not even have time to work out if it is the LO or not. :shrug:

been feeling mine since about 13 weeks only slight flutters then around 15 weeks it was more obvious movements but no thumps so to speak, last week i had a thump then nothing for a few days this week its at least twice a day i get a prod somewhere in side where the baby is lol its never in the same place, last night the little bugger was on the go as i was trying to sleep, i cant wait for the proper thumps so sophie and OH can feel it.

aww I want to feel baby, all I feel is gas haha

With my tilted womb I think I will feel it later than the rest of you

Ladies - about squeamish/useless husbands.... my dh was TOTALLY useless at the birth. Really didn't help me at all. All he did was pace back and forth in the room and annoy me, but I still am glad he was there! Don't let them out of it! I don't care HOW freaked out they are! Make them practice watching videos for now, then have some valium or xanex on hand for when the REAL time comes... Let them pop a pill, suck it up, and GO IN. You are the one giving birth - not them!

BTW - I had a c-section (after 18 hours in labor) and dh stayed by my head the whole time. Couldn't see a thing on the other side of the curtain that they hang up. However, when it was time to cut the cord (which he didn't do) he walked over to baby, saw me cut open and had to leave the room to vomit. He came back a few minutes later and was fine. He spent the next hour in the nursery with baby while I recovered. HE has the easy job! LOL. Don't let em out of it!!

Anyways.... Happy Thanksgiving to all!

:rofl: at your OH vomiting... Mine almost vomited at both C-sections because they cauterize the wounds (so you don't bleed out) and apparently it smells like barbeque... I didn't notice either time, and I was looking out for it the second time. I had to insist that he get up and look at the baby because I couldn't. Men! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->