*** May Babies ***

This may be the only time that i sing my husbands praise, but he was an absolute star throughout my labour and delivery with my daughter. He is the most squeamish person i know (won't even watch Hoby City!!) but he was just the best. I am one of the many few that will say that they had a good time in labour and birth, mine was wonderful! I was relaxed, i felt in control and that was down to him. He knew exactly what i wanted and was basically my voice. I remember focusing on only what he was saying as sometimes there were so many people talking at me. He was the best!!!!

Urghhhhh what's wrong with me???? i've gone all soppy!!!!

hey guys. no way am i watching labour videos. i think i am best being in denial so i don't think about it. it will happen how it happens, there's no way for me to do it any other way, so i'm just going to let my body do it's thing. the less i know about what it's doing, the better. and my OH is just going to have to suck it up. i don't know how he's going to cope, but i'm sure i'll have no qualms about putting him in his place at that particular moment in time if he makes a fuss!! :D hee.

abz xx

Malpal - it is fab to see you had such a positive experience with your DH present. But I am really considering now having a doula - if DH keeps fainting then the staff will be too busy looking after him and not me!!

I would also love to have a doula trained in acupuncture and massage. The more I think of it the better idea it is!!

Morning Ladies, How are we all today?

Well my OH is going to be present at the birth we discussed it and he is there for me so he just needs to get used to it!!! We also signed up for NCT courses they cost money but we think its worth it as its our first time and I want to be as prepared as possible!!! Has anyone done NCT courses before? Not sure if im feeling baby movements yet or not ... not really sure what it feels like! I keep feeling little things but not sure if its just gas!!!

Hope everyone has a good day and a lovely weekend!

x x x

Logansmama and Insomni - So funny about your DH's, poor things. I don't think I could handle seeing anyone cut open either I would probably barf too thank god I won't have to see anything if I do have to have a C section.

Logansmama - I see you are a having a boy, congrats! How did you find out the sex so soon, I see you are only 17 weeks...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! I'm away back to first tri......

LOL

Haha! i think i'll join you!! :haha:

I probably will give in and watch some youtube videos, but not until i'm way into the 3rd tri - don't want to spend the next 6 months dreaming of it!!

I'm really excited to hear about you all feeling your babies move - i can't wait!! I'm going to be extra vigilent from now on since some of you felt them so early. :happydance:

Hope you all have that friday feeling :thumbup:

:hugs:

Cactusgirl can't remember if I mentioned this before (preg. brain, or maybe just my usual duncery) but do any of your friends have relatively flexible (probably office-type) jobs? My friend chose me to be her labour coach as the baby's dad didn't plan to show his face then or at any time in the near future (because he's a jerk, not because he's squeamish like your OH) and I just told my work that at any moment between weeks X & Y I may have to be called out to attend a birth. They were really excited for me, and obviously for my friend as well as she had volunteered with my work briefly. They just treated it as they would a dad who might suddenly have to leave for the day. As it turned out she gave birth on the weekend so it was all a moot point. :rofl: That said, they were also very accommodating of my taking long lunches so I could go and see my soon-to-be godson in the NICU (he had a difficult birth, poor guy, but he's just fine now).

Anyway, it's a thought, but I've heard all kinds of great stories about women giving birth with only a doula present, as well. :hugs:

God I really do feel like I know nothing. :nope: :shrug:

I was reading one of the threads about birth plans and VBACS and so many of the ladies were saying they wanted it, I was like goodness I need to find out more about this as they are very popular and probably something I should request.

So I went on google and found out it was Vaginal Birth after Caesarian Section - well as this is my first maybe it is not something I should request?! :dohh:

There are so many acronyms and words I still don't understand!! Thank goodness for google!!!

Cactusgirl can't remember if I mentioned this before (preg. brain, or maybe just my usual duncery) but do any of your friends have relatively flexible (probably office-type) jobs? My friend chose me to be her labour coach as the baby's dad didn't plan to show his face then or at any time in the near future (because he's a jerk, not because he's squeamish like your OH) and I just told my work that at any moment between weeks X & Y I may have to be called out to attend a birth. They were really excited for me, and obviously for my friend as well as she had volunteered with my work briefly. They just treated it as they would a dad who might suddenly have to leave for the day. As it turned out she gave birth on the weekend so it was all a moot point. :rofl: That said, they were also very accommodating of my taking long lunches so I could go and see my soon-to-be godson in the NICU (he had a difficult birth, poor guy, but he's just fine now).

Anyway, it's a thought, but I've heard all kinds of great stories about women giving birth with only a doula present, as well. :hugs:

Ahhhh thanks insomnimama that is lovely of you to think of me and you must be a wonderful friend to have been asked to do this.

I have considered all of my close friends who I might ask but to fair most of them are teachers and I really don't think they would be able to be flexible enough. My best friend is back part time teaching after the birth of her first child and I would LOVE her to be there - she knows me inside out. She has said if I end up having a CSection on a Monday or Tuesday then she would happily be there. But what are the chances of that happening?!

Youtube has a lot of videos of people giving birth and some show EVERYTHING! I actually find it really useful, I feel like it will make me a bit less shocked when the time comes. I found this video really useful because before watching it I thought the third stage was totally different (warning: this is a graphic video).....

oh my oh my oh my oh my oh my oh my.

I think I've changed my mind.

Ok...I made it to 43 seconds on the youtube video OmiOmen posted.....

xx

God I really do feel like I know nothing. :nope: :shrug:

I was reading one of the threads about birth plans and VBACS and so many of the ladies were saying they wanted it, I was like goodness I need to find out more about this as they are very popular and probably something I should request.

So I went on google and found out it was Vaginal Birth after Caesarian Section - well as this is my first maybe it is not something I should request?! :dohh:

There are so many acronyms and words I still don't understand!! Thank goodness for google!!!

Ah ha!! I had seen VBAC a couple of times and meant to look it up but never did, now i know :haha:

Cactus girl... that made me laugh! Imagine your mw face when you requested that!!! Am i the only one that is looking forward to labour??? I think i am a weirdo! When we found out we were having twins i remember saying to my husband about having to do it twice and couldn't wait. I know i know i'm a fruitcake, but don't worry i will be able to give you all lots of pma in the third tri!!!
xx

morning/afternoon ladies!

i watched that video linked a few weeks back with my sister and sophie, i know shes only 5 but she didnt seem to care at all lol infact she was all awwww look its a baby head!! no idea where i got her from lol she is obviously alot like me and my sister than i care to admit! (omg i must sound like a horrid mother letting her see it pleassse dont judge lol). There are soo many vids on youtube its amazing really, i seen one where a woman gave birth in this pool (not birthing pool) with a dolphin in it and the dolphin was swimming right up close to the woman as she was pushing the baby out, i was very wary about that one!

Had my letter this morning to see the consultant on january 12th to discuss VBACS etc, already told the midwife my mind is made up and i want an elective c-section, fair doo's to the lady she gave me all the info etc which wasnt that useful tbh, theres wayy more info on the net lol. In a way i kinda feel like im looking forward to this birth even tho i am having an operation, maybe its because il know exactly when i will be having bubs and whats going on etc.

This cough i have has turned into a right pain in the backside, its actually hurting my chest now when i cough and i end up heaving :( and its making it a bit harder to breath, since nearly every breath i need to bloody cough! lol how much you wanna bet OH will have it next week cos of course me and sophie cant have something without him getting it lol.

Hope your all well

Malpal I definitely think you are loopy looking forward to it - but seeing as you had such a positive experience before then I suppose it is a more natural!!! For us first timers it is the fear of the unknown I suppose.

There is no way I can watch those videos until much further along!!

Jolou - I really hope your cough is better soon. It is really tiring coughing all the time. :hugs:

i admit i dont think i could have watched them the first time i was pregnant lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->