*** May Babies ***

good morning everyone :)

well i had my swine flu jab on saturday morning and man my arm hurts!! they tell you it will, but i can't lift it!! only one day to go before it's supposed to stop aching, ha. other than that i feel absolutely fine.

good to catch up on everyone's news.

abz xx

Good Morning everyone :hi:

I hope you all had a good weekend and are all well.

I have to say I have been wearing a pair of maternity trouser for about 3-4 weeks now. In bump terms I don't actually need them and they are super baggy! However, my regular size 12 trousers were too tight and the next size up were a perfect fit and I just could not justify to myself paying £22 for trousers to last me a few weeks (I am a real miser!) when the maternity trousers were only £18. My skirts still fit me with room to spare at the moment but tights nip at my waist and make me feel nauseous so it had to be trousers. Oh my goodness though - :D the maternity trousers are so comfy!! And a few people at work have even commented that I have been losing weight as my trousers are hanging off me :haha:

Abz - I am sorry about your poorly arm. I got a big red lump about the size of a satsuma on my arm that stuck around for about 6-7 days. The lump was hotter than all my other skin too so I guess my antibodies must have been hard at work ;) Most other people I know who have had it say their arm was better in a day or too - I always tend to have this sort of reaction to jabs though, I guess I am just lucky :rolleyes:

Well OH finally plucked up the courage to tell his Mum and Dad last night. I was in our room chilling out to some tunes writing a letter and they were all downstairs watching TV and chatting. OH must have come up and down about 3 times lamenting about how he did not know how to bring it up and in the end grabbed the scan photos and said I am just going to do it! He went downstairs and very quietly asked his Mum to pop her glasses on as he had something he wanted to show her and gave her the scan picture. Mum and Dad were both pleased for us - if a little suprised.

OH also raised the matter of me changing my last name to share his - both parents were ok with this but of course it did mean that the whole marriage thing raised its head again. OH and I have been together for 12 years in March and have always said that we are not bothered about and do not intend on getting married. Every family gathering we have we are asked by our many numerous relatives when it will be our turn, even though we have told them all before marriage is not something we are interested in. Mum and Dad have never judged us or been critical of our choice not to marry but interestly last night they did both say that they would prefer if we did get married.

So the inlaws know now and I am glad they are happy at the thought of being grandparents again. Today we get to tell LO's Aunty and cousins - now we won't be getting any marriage talks from them at least, just a fair amount of squealing and jumping up and down!

Well off to Edinburgh today to do some shopping and visit the Christmas market :happydance:

Have a great day everyone :hugs:

Morning ladies!

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I had some lads from uni come and visit me this weekend. One of them has a wife due beginning of February so was comparing notes with him, one of the other lads has a 1yr old and he was not softening the blow with his stories of worry and sleepless nights which scared the living daylights out of me, DH and the other lad!! Still too late now!!

I have emailed a Doula in Manchester and she is free in May which is when I would need her for. So will phoning her later to arrange an interview. I don't think MIL will be very impressed at all he has decided not to be present at the birth but I am HOPING she does not interfere too much as would not want him to be pressurised into it.

I fed my 7month old god daughter a bottle on Saturday - I have never fed a baby before!!!! So figuring I need as much practice as I can get!

Oh and my flabby bump seems to have gone hard this morning but not sure if it baby or I need a poo!!

so glad your news was taken well frufru :D

yes, i have a huge red swollen slightly itchy patch. although you've now made me think of satsumas and i really want some!! ha. am hoping a couple of days and it will be gone. what version of the jab did you have? i did ask what she was giving me, and think she said the cevlapan (sp?) but once i got home i couldn't remember what she'd said...

morning ladies,

well i should have had my swine flu jab this morning but the damn car wont start and i cant seem to find my purse to get a taxi! i must have left it in the OH's car :( still coughing like a mad lady and its driving me insane, i think if ti continues till the end of week im going to docs, ive already had it a week and miss my sleep lol i know the coughin cant harm bubs but i must be pulling muscles cos today im aching.

Frufru- glad OH finally got the courage to tell his folks! my OH was the same, he wouldnt let me be there telling them or even telling his sister on the phone, he waited till i was bathing sophie lol theres me telling anyone who will listen! haha

I keep noticing my belly being harder in areas but it seems to vary during the day lol right now its low down, all yesterday it around my belly button, i cant remember how it was with sophie at all so cant compare!

All of my maternity trousers fit and did pretty much straight away, I generally get under the bump ones though except my maternity work trousers that need growing into. But one about half of my maternity tops fully fit well.

Frufru: I am glad your in-laws took the news well.

ive got under bump jeans and i prefer them to over the bump ones, plus i can wear a belt (extreamly loosely mind lol) when i want it if the tshirt is a little higher, i lovvvvve my maternity leggings tho from new look, they are over the bump but actaully make my bump look a lot better and smoother haha, im yet to buy any tops, the ones i wear atm still fit on my chest but are gettin a little tighter on the belly, which now isnt too bad since i look like im pregnant now.

ive got under bump jeans and i prefer them to over the bump ones, plus i can wear a belt (extreamly loosely mind lol) when i want it if the tshirt is a little higher, i lovvvvve my maternity leggings tho from new look, they are over the bump but actaully make my bump look a lot better and smoother haha, im yet to buy any tops, the ones i wear atm still fit on my chest but are gettin a little tighter on the belly, which now isnt too bad since i look like im pregnant now.

Oh jolou i'm with you on the leggings - wow i bought a pair from h&m and they're the comfiest things ever! and i think they make my bump look bigger which is cute :thumbup: I've also bought maternity tights for with skirts/dresses over winter but haven't tried them yet - hope they're as comfy too!!

My tops still fit me, but do tend to ride up if i'm walking about - so i have to make sure if my zip is open that i have it covered :haha: Though i still don't look pregnant to a stranger, just a bit of a podgy middle! :haha:

:hugs:

I think I am the same, I don't look pregnant to a stranger but my husband for example thinks I look huge! Also, my BMI was just over healthy before getting pregnant to I lost just over a stone in the 3 or so months before we started trying so people I know that had not seen me for a while probably would think I have piled on the weight a bit. But my tops stopped fitting ages ago, they used to cover all of me (obviously) and now look like tiny crop tops with my big hard belly stuck out. I was going to get some bump bands but my bump was the size I had to give in and get a fair few maternity clothes and I am glad I did because I seem to be getting bigger by the day! :shock:

its shocking isnt it how much we suddenly seem to change, i was determinded to just buy a normal dress for all the things we have on for the run up for christmas but ended up buying a maternity one, funny thying is it was a size smaller than what i am now, yet i had to try something on that was 2 sizes bigger in normal clothes.

OMG I am sooooooo tired I could fall asleep right here, right now........

:sleep:

me too. i keep asking if they'll string me up a hammock at work but so far responses have been unfavourable. also, the boss has asked everyone to go for christmas drinks when i'm not here. i came in on my day off last year, but i'll be on my way to the airport this year. gah.

abz xx

I have no idea how I did it last pregnancy... This time I am still on mat leave from last baby so I am sleeping half the day and all night too. :sleep:

my arm is still all red and swollen. did anyone else get this that got the swine flu jab? the adjuvent one?

hand up on the tired front...maybe its the sudden change of weather...if it is i aint saying anything to OH il let him think its cos im pregnant :p

abz il let you know once i have my jab on wednesday and if my arm goes like yours...tho i never seem to get anything from jabs, i think everyone must have one of those scars from the bcg jab (i think it was that one) in high school, i think im the only one i know who never got the scar... ok that was random i blame tiredness!

ha. i have a tb jab scar, but i have a huge red patch on my arm. it's slightly itchy and really sore :( it isn't as sore as it was though. and the muscle doesn't hurt as much as it did so am hoping the inflammation will go down a bit by tomorrow...

Hi abz

I didn't have a red bit (though i've seen loads of people saying they did) but my muscle was really really achy for almost a week. fine now though!

:hugs:

Abz - I did not even ask which flu jab it was :blush: I had made the decision to have it regardless as I have been so poorly with other viruses I just could not afford to get swine flu too!

I don't mean to bum you out but my arm took about a week to get back to normal :(

I bought some really cute ribbon from John Lewis today to wrap my Christmas presents with which has got me feeling all Christmasy now :)

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? I keep waking up for a wee in the middle of the night about 2.30-3am and after it is taking about an hour or two to get back to sleep :confused: It doesn't help that I have been experiencing quite strong pulling pains in my lower abdomen at night. I suppose lack of sleep at this stage is good practice for when LO starts wriggling in earnest and for when he/she arrives. Fingers crossed for a good :sleep: tonight.

I'm having awful trouble sleeping frufru!
I'm sooo tired tonight, been at work for my first day :wacko: Just induction, pretty boring really, everyone there is a lot older than me as always seems to be the way! Half the women there were in their 50s and have 30 years + in customer service, a couple were internal applicants from lower posts, and the others had degrees :shock:

abz my hubby had that reaction. he had a hard lump 4 a few days. i had a sore arm but not red.

still not feeeling concrete movements :( worried

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"