*** May Babies ***

Hi ladies... not much time to post, but real quick... while I'm thinkin of it... I believe the IPhone has a contraction-timer app. Something fun for the the oh's to play with when you think you are going into labor, and might help to keep them more involved!

And I agree - the men are pretty disinterested durin the pregnancy. I know last time mine used to piss me off all the time. This time I just EXPECT it, so its not as upsetting to me. But trust me - after baby is born, don't expect much more. My dh basically had to be FORCED to interact with my son as a newborn. I don't think he really bonded tight till baby started walking! Seriously - you will fall so hard in love with that little one, but it doesn't happen as quickly for the men. I mean - its not like they won't love them - they just probably won't find them as fascinating as you will. I use to sit and stare at baby sleeping for hours... dh - not so much. Just a warning - so don't be surprised!

I just don't know what is going on with my sleep patterns :shrug:

I had a crappy nights sleep Sunday with me laying awake between 2 and 4am before eventually drifting off again. I slept like a trojan yesterday night and then tonight I have managed a total of 3 hours sleep :wacko:

I woke at 3 and have been trying to get back to sleep since then but finally gave up about 15 mins ago :nope:

BLAH!

And the worst thing is I think I have woken OH Dad up too with my late night loo-visits :dohh:

Looks like I will be napping during the day again tomorrow :rolleyes:

Is anyone else having sleep issues?

Come back :sleep: I miss you!

I don't have any problems with sleep other than not getting enouh of it! I fall asleep the second my head hits the pillow! I must make myself have an early night tonight. DWandMJ, you are lucky being able to choose which doctor you have. Over here you just get seen by which ever midwife happens to be on duty at the time which may change half way through labour. Good old NHS!! *rolls eyes*.

I was looking at the apps for iphones last night... you can even use it as a baby monitor! So clever. I want one sooooooooo much. I wonder if Santa will bring me one this year. I have been very good! LOL.

i've finally started feeling the flutters :happydance: i knew alot of people said you normally feel them the first times when your in bed so for bout 2 weeks i would lay there thinking every bobble in my stomach could be the baby but then on saturday i was up sat watching tv on the sofa and i felt somethin g and i knew there was nothing else it could be, then didn't feel anything til last night but didnt think it was where the baby had liked sitting (always picked up the heartbeat there) so i grabbed my doppler and sure enought the heartbeat was where i felt the flutters :happydance: so happy now lol. how is everyone else doing? x

Awww clogsy90 that's fab :thumbup: - i wish i could feel my baby move!! :nope:

Probably a silly question but to all you ladies that can feel movements, can i ask where abouts on your belly you felt it? i'm not sure where my baby is :dohh: and i don't have a doppler to listen!! :shrug:
Curiosity - nice to see you popping in - how are you doing hun?

:hugs:

i feel my movements lower down and sometimes to the right.

as for the same mw thing, i had the same community midwife during and after pregnancy with my first pregnancy which was nice during labour i went through 4 midwives! no word of a lie lol

oo forgot to say i went for my swine flu jab this morning and my arm just started to ache! doh was hoping id get away with it

I usually feel mine below my belly button to my left... sort of in line with my hip. I can always pick up the HB here too.

The past few nights when i've laid down I have felt small kicks quite high up - above my belly button to the left. I didn't think it could be the baby as it's too high up. I'm only 18 and a half weeks. Can't think what else it could be though. It definately feels like a baby kick.

We listened to the HB last night and it DEFINATELY sounded like a galloping horse (a girl!). We will have to see if the old wives tale is true in 2 weeks time!

Nice to see you popping in Curiosity. How have you been doing? xx

Frufru: Yes my sleeping is different but in the sense I can not seem to stay awake! I am far more tiered than I was in the first trimester. I have always needed to get up to pee in the night a few times but now it is just ridicules, thankfully I do get to sleep pretty much as soon as I am back in bed though.

Moongirl: I feel movement and kicks below my belly button, fairly in the centre. However I started getting kicked in the shower yesterday before work and then all through work was feeling lots of movement and a few little kicks and some were a little off centre yesterday. The first day I felt movements I was not convinced until later that day I had a midwife appointment and she picked up the heartbeat in the same place.

Hey Ladies.

Not sure if im feeling movements yet ... which is worrying me but i have felt some odd things which could be baby. I am so tired and today I have the worst headache think I may have another lie down. Have so much work to do before chiristmas but im just not motivated to get anything done!

How is everyone getting on? x x x

Hey Ladies.

Not sure if im feeling movements yet ... which is worrying me but i have felt some odd things which could be baby. I am so tired and today I have the worst headache think I may have another lie down. Have so much work to do before chiristmas but im just not motivated to get anything done!

I am exactly the same as you, I have felt the odd thing and have thought baby/wind/baby???:haha: But I wouldn't worry, we are only just over 17 weeks, plenty of time to for the LO to start making themselves known!:thumbup:

Hey Ladies.

I am exactly the same as you, I have felt the odd thing and have thought baby/wind/baby???:haha: But I wouldn't worry, we are only just over 17 weeks, plenty of time to for the LO to start making themselves known!:thumbup:

i keep thinking i'm feeling movements but very slight ones so i'm not sure if they are movements or not. am sure i felt more than this with my other 2 which worries me. am so busy at the moment with concerts my kids and stuff that maybe it is because of that that i havent really had a chance 2 think about what i am or am not feeling!

well when i felt mine on saturday i was 17+1 but i wasnt expecting for week or so really. but i feel mine low basically where my hip is, it likes to sit there lol. hopfully you will start to feel yours soon enough :)

Hey ladies:hugs: first post on what seems to be an amazing support thread here.

Mum already of two children 10 & 12 and due May 21st with 3rd (am I mad??!!!):wacko:

Suffering from acute Hyperemesis Gravidarum and had one stay in hospital for IV rehyradtion etc , been signed off work for two months so far and are on the strongest anti sickness tablets possible! So, feel carp most of the time, it's been an incredibly trying time, but really really really trying to stay positive at the moment helped by the fact the half way mark is nearly here, and think the first flutterings have started, it really is starting to sink in that another baba is on its way.

So Hi to all you May ladies, so lovely to cybermeet you all x
:thumbup:

QUOTE=LogansMama;3715518]Hi ladies... not much time to post, but real quick... while I'm thinkin of it... I believe the IPhone has a contraction-timer app. Something fun for the the oh's to play with when you think you are going into labor, and might help to keep them more involved!

And I agree - the men are pretty disinterested durin the pregnancy. I know last time mine used to piss me off all the time. This time I just EXPECT it, so its not as upsetting to me. But trust me - after baby is born, don't expect much more. My dh basically had to be FORCED to interact with my son as a newborn. I don't think he really bonded tight till baby started walking! Seriously - you will fall so hard in love with that little one, but it doesn't happen as quickly for the men. I mean - its not like they won't love them - they just probably won't find them as fascinating as you will. I use to sit and stare at baby sleeping for hours... dh - not so much. Just a warning - so don't be surprised![/QUOTE]

Logansmama - that is so interesting to hear about how the female seems to bond quicker with the baby. My male friend who came to stay last weekend was quite honest and said that the first 12 weeks did absolutely nothing for him until the baby started interacting a bit more.

Maybe if I expect nothing then when get some interest I will actually be pleased rather than disappointed!!

I followed Pixie's idea and got OH to download the iphone baby names app and that sparked an interest for at least 10mins until something else caught his eye!! It even showed the popularity of a name on a graph over the years.

I felt 2 definite thuds earlier not sure if it was the LO though - it seemed very low and to the left almost not much higher than my pubic bone - would that seem about right??

I have taken the day off work today - just had lunch with some friends and waiting for the doula to arrive at 3:30 to see how I get on with her!

Welcome barking hope you are feeling better soon! :flower:[

Thanks Cactusgirl - for my partner it's the first time round, and I understand that he's found it shocking I've been so ill, I kinda thought he'd be a little more into the pregnancy as it's his first child and he know's I won't be having any more. Men are strange beings aren't they :wacko: but couldn't be without him :hugs:

hey and welcome barking, i think i need to update the list i just realised there has been 2 or so new dates to add! sorry im slacking at the mo!

cactusgirl your thuds sound similar to mine around that time, i wondered if it was too low but its where the mw found the heartbeat the next day. mine now feel like its on my hip bone sometimes, tho bubs has been very quiet today, must be tired from being disturbed with all this coughing lol.#

My arm is now aching right where i had my jab today, i noticed it when i went to put my coat on before and was like "ouch that bloody hurts!!" its on my right arm so i wonder if i could use it as an excuse not too cook tonight.... :)

Mine are always fairly centre but I think thuds are thuds and can not me much else. I started getting thumps and then about a week later started getting kicks so it sounds like the baby your feeling to me.

Hey ladies! I haven't been on in a while, need to do some catching up! Just wanted to say I am going to the doctor today!!!! I really hope I get an ultrasound, so far every appointment has given one, so I am kinda expecting to see my baby! I am super excited since I haven't seen my little one since week 11, my medi-cal has been such a pain in the ass, and I hate my case worker who is not doing her job or answering her phone, so I had to spend a couple of days fighting with them telling them that it has been over 5 weeks since I last seen the doctor. So off I go to the doctor..hahaha... never thought I'd be so happy to go to the dr. but I can't wait to see baby!!!

I haven't felt any movement yet, I feel soo far behind the rest of you :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->