*** May Babies ***

I think I'm actually starting to show, but I have never ever gained weight on my stomach so it's quite noticeable for me.. I posted a pic in the bumps thread the other day!

i sometimes think i have a bump but then i also think i just look like im fat! lol

the decs are up! not as nice as usual tho for some reason...i think it is because ive used OH's decs from last year as he complained mine were too girly and this is a family home not just me and sophie lol i managed to sneak on my 2 shoe decs tho ;). I am sooo thirsty today which is annoying me as i dont have anything in that i like, i cant drink water on its own unless ive just bought it from the shop (weird i know but the water here tastes awful) for some reason blackcurrent cordial makes me feel sick, so im left with decaff tea...i reallly fancy some ginger beer!

On a brighter side my hubby is OBSESSED with my boobs:haha:

LOL...he loves them, they are huge and full and my nips are super hard, I swear I now have stripper titties!!!

P.S I am impressed with them myself:haha:

can we use those heated pad things? other than that maybe a hot water bottle some how? ive been suffering with a bad back since about 8 weeks! had the same problem with my first pregnancy aswel, i havent took anything/done anything for it, just move about if it happens when i sit or massge it slightly, maybe try a warm bath too? christ im no good am i lol

i keep getting period like cramps and its driving me mad, im hoping its just stretching pains!

i have been getting the samething and it worrys me too i think its just stretching pain too cause it gets really bad sometimes

Well girls - I AM SHOWING BIG TIME! LOL. People are no longer afraid to ask me when I'm due and such. Its no longer a concern that I might just be fat... which in a way is nice... but I still FEEL FAT. I look about 8 months preggo I think... I'll post another pic next week when I'm 20 weeks...

On a new note--- my friend had her baby boy today! She was induced last night at 38 weeks, after 2 days of high blood pressure. A little less than 24 hours later, she ended up with a c-section. Haven't heard all the details yet.... hope to talk to her tomorrow! But I'm happy for her! Can't wait to see the baby!

Widger - I definitely feel like my bump is smaller now then it was a few weeks ago. My 'lovely' DH says I am just looking like I am getting plumper and that people will just think I have put on some weight.

I am not keen to have a massive bump but if it at least makes it look like am more pregnant than fat then bring it on!!

morning ladies :)

hope your all well.

This morning ive been to sainsburys and bought all the stuff needed to bake some mince pies and jam tarts, i found this recipe last year ont he money saving experts forum named "the best mince pie recipe ever?" and omg it really is, baked loads last year and all went down a treat, ive got all the family requesting them this year so im gonna make a start either today or tomorrow, bought cheaper mincemeat for the mince pies to eat over the next week or so and have bought some posh stuff for the christmas day ones. The best thing is i can make them for the OH too, usualy struggle making decent pastry for him since he cant have wheat or dairy, usually turns out all crumbley but this recipe seems to work well!

:( had the worst night sleep last night, well it was the dreams, first one i dreamed i gave birth at 18 weeks and my baby was on the floor dying and i wasn't even allowed to hold it, it seemed so real i woke up in tears. then when i got back to sleep had a dream i was at work and i was getting so angry i actually woke up having a panic attack it was so scary, then my last one was that i started bleeding but when i woke that one was just a check and everything is still clear thank god. anyway how is everyone else doing? i threw up for the first time in 2 weeks yesterday, but i take the good with the bad cos now my lil bubs is moving more and not even when i'm going to sleep so hopefully i get a night sleeping baby :) x x x going to have a read through some of the thread for a catch up

Just a quick question from me....can we take Buttercup cough syrup while pregnant? I've got this hacking cough which is keeping me up all night and makes my sickness even worse. Anybody used it or been recommended?

Spent Tuesday in hospital this week being rehydrated with 2 litres of fluid. This sickness is just getting too much and I can barely function. They gave me anti-sickness pills too but to be honest they don't seem to be helping much. At an all-time low so things can only get better....!

Sorry your still so ill mojo, I found i really picked up after my rehydration in hospital, altho I can now keep fluids down food is still an issue really have to watch what im eating.

As for a bump ... i dont really have anything to show yet, wish i had a bump as at the moment i dont really feel pregnant ... cant wait till next week to actually see the baby again.

How is everyone else. x x x

:( hope you feel better soon mojo, as for the buttercup, i have no idea, i had the worst cough for 2 weeks and found boots do a tickly cough medicine that states on it that it is safe to use during pregnancy, also their chesty cough medicine says to ask pharmacist, which i did and she said it would be fine, i had the chesty cough one at night time and had the tickly cough one in the day (when OH was there to play doc and tellme i had to take it lol). Best thing to do is either phone MW or ask in your local pharmacy.

hope you start to feel better soon, the cough kept me awake for a week and to top it off you have sickness too :( hugsss

Thanks Jolou, I did ask the Boots pharmacist and she said there was nothing I could take. Very helpful! Will have a look for their chesty cough one and hope it does the trick. Spoke to MW and she said go back to my GP but I've been there so much lately I should think she's sick of the sight of me! The worst bit is sleeping at night is the only respite from the sickness so now I'm waking every hour coughing all the time, I'm not even getting my much needed rest...Grrrr.:growlmad:

well the first person i asked in boots had no clue so they asked the other one, ive felt ok taking it and bubs seems ok, plenty of movement, i also found at night to sleep more upright than usual, i normally have 2 pillows but i ended up nicking OH's pillow before he got into bed and he said he couldnt take it off me as i seemed to have stopped coughing (or at least not coughing as much), could you try that aswel?

I did the same - nicked OH's pillow until he complained so much I had to get one from our spare room. Last night I think I slept mostly propped up....been wheezing terribly too and my chest just crackles when I lie down. Every little thing just seems 10 times worse when we're pregnant, just super-sensitive to everything I guess!

Good that you're feeling lots of movement too - must admit I get sporadic flutters some nights but thought I would be getting more at this stage seeing as it's my second baby. Given the fact I'm feeling so rough and have been so sick I hope this bubba's holding on in there...he/she's not getting a very good diet that's for sure!!!

congrats all im a may baby (well not so much a baby now being 24 lol) i love haveing my b-d on the 1st of may its great xx congrats all x

Clogsy - bless you for the horrid dreams. The dreams are so vivid now aren't they?? I have nothing as graphic as yours but I know that I am having very detailed dreams every night.

Mojo - poor you still so sicky and now a chest infection. Really hope things pick up for you soon.

xxx

my hubby is a pharmacist and a lot of the stuff is not really tested in pregnancy which is why they say not suitable coz they just don't know. i have just put up with the sore throat but i thankfully don't have a cough. hope u feel better soon!

mojo i hope the sickness eases soon!

had a job interview 2day and didnt have many smart maternity clothes so i ended up wearing my jane norman black trousers fastened with an elastic band as i couldn't do up the button! luckily i found a long top lol!

my hubby is a pharmacist and a lot of the stuff is not really tested in pregnancy which is why they say not suitable coz they just don't know. i have just put up with the sore throat but i thankfully don't have a cough. hope u feel better soon!

mojo i hope the sickness eases soon!

had a job interview 2day and didnt have many smart maternity clothes so i ended up wearing my jane norman black trousers fastened with an elastic band as i couldn't do up the button! luckily i found a long top lol!

Nice one! Good luck with that!! :thumbup:

I've been wearing a couple of pairs of my work pants like that! Mostly sticking to shirts with pinafore type dresses though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->