*** May Babies ***

Evening ladies! I haven't posted in here much at all have I, I barely know any of you.. I used to post in the first tri thread loads :dohh:
SO glad it's Friday. I went to get my booking bloods done today aswell as my triple test. Getting tested for Hep C too because of the situation with FOB. Sleeping about an hour a night because I'm stressed and I'm EXHAUSTED.
Does anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend?

works christmas do tomorrow yay

Been told they are keeping me on after my 3 month trial period, double yay

Hows everything with everyone else

:hugs:Hello May Mummies :hi:

I have been so busy with seeing people and trying to get presents and cards sorted for Christmas that I have not had time to post much this week.

Good news about your job Missy - congratulations :)

Glad your new job is going well too Katie :)

This has been a really good week for me - I have managed to sleep well most nights and have felt like I have a bit more energy which makes a change :thumbup: Perhaps this is the elusive 2nd tri bloom we all hear so much about - whatever it is I am grateful and hope it continues :happydance:

I have another road trip this weekend to visit another pod of family ahead of the festive holiday. I will be so grateful when my OH learns to drive and passes his test!

I have my 16w MW appointment on Tuesday - I have not weighed myself for a few weeks so hope the weight gain is not too bad. I am still in my regular jeans for the moment but wear a pair of maternity trousers at work (they are soooo comfy!). I know what you mean about gaining EVERYWHERE Logansmama - hips, thighs, knees, ribs you name it. Ah well it will come off again eventually.

I have just sent off an email about joining a pregnancy yoga class in the new year :thumbup: It is run by a lady that I know from my non-pregnancy classes. I really really hope she has space for me [-o< - I am absolutely rubbish at practising at home under my own steam :dohh:

OH and I have decided to restrict our present buying for one another to £25 this year as we have most things we want and would rather spend our spare cash on things for Wee-J. It seems like I had loads of ideas what to get him a few weeks ago and now my mind it totally blank :dohh: So I am off to have a little surfette of the interweb to look for ideas.

Have a lovely evening everyone

Good luck for Tuesday Missy :hugs:

At my booking appointment I think I remember my MW asking if I wanted a home or hospital birth and I might have said I was not sure but probably hospital. But having had time to think about and read up on it I would really like a home birth and hope to chat to her about it on Tuesday.

I have no idea how the MW's at my surgery feel about homebirths so wish me luck!

good luck for that Frufru, I have to have a hospital birth cos of the whole herpes thing but I would be to scared to have a home birth anyway

Would it be a water birth

No I don't think a water birth is for me Missy - I doubt there is enough room in my flat for a birth pool anyway when I think about it.

I have never spent any significant time in hospital in my whole life - I have only ever had 5 visits to hospital (xray in A+E for a sprained wrist, 2 nerve tests when I hurt my foot and my scans so far). The thought of being in hospital for my birth just does not seem right :wacko: I realise that there are a number of things which could happen between now and May that could prevent my dream of a homebirth but for now I am desperate to try and make it happen!

Fingers crossed my MW is receptive to the idea - we shall see ;)

We are slowly telling our friend and family about Wee-J but it is still not common knowledge. The good thing about being naturally curvy is that it is easier to get away with putting on a few pounds - there is a silver lining :rolleyes:

lol my stomach hasnt changed at all, I still have doubts baby is in there lol

I have always felt at home in a hospital weirdly, no idea why

I'm starting to look pregnant I think! I felt really concious of it today at work, because I've been wearing pinafore or empire line type dresses all week and today I work a blouse and trousers because I had a hospital appointment in the morning and didn't want to be flashing my knickers at the MW! :dohh:
I'd be too scared for a homebirth I think. I'll probably go for the MLU if I can, but if it wasn't in the same building as the normal delivery suite then I wouldn't :blush:

The hospital I am going to is really good, all private rooms and en -suits

I'm at the Women's so assume they're pretty good at birth! :lol: Not sure I'd want a private room, can't decide on that one.

I suppose it depends how it all goes, I may get a bit lonely if I have a c section and have to stay in longer

Well if I go a week over/have the baby at the weekend, my Mum will be there with me all day.. but if I have the baby before the 27th then she'll be able to leave work for the birth but won't be able to stay with me while I'm still in hospital iykwim, because she's a teacher x

ETA- Oh yeah, the point of that was that I'd be really lonely in a private room!

lol I am only having oh with me when I give birth and I hope he doesnt faint

I was planning to have FOB there (aswell as my Mum) too but everything's changed, so now it's just my lovely Mum :D

I am sure your mum is more help than a bloke x

Definitely more use than that bloke anyway :lol:
Urgh. I wonder if I'll be single for my whole life, whose going to want me when I'm 20, covered in stretch marks and a single mum?

I had that same thought hun when I started getting stretch marks, will I ever get sex again lol

evenin ladies, ive had a fun filled night of lice hunting in sophies hair, its hard when she is ill and just wants to lie down.

i had my mum and sophies dad with me at her birth, sooo glad mum was there as sophs dad had no clue at all what to do when things got stressful. I had my own room to recover in and to be honest i loved it lol i felt so rotten and tired i was glad of the peace when visitors went home (god how unsocial do i sound) tho i was home by thursday afternoon, had sophie by c-section 7:40pm on the monday. id love my own room again if im honest.

oh and katie, i was 25, single mum and belly like an old woman when i met my OH :) so dont you worry about that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->