*** May Babies ***

oh honey. it will be within the 28 day return period? could you not take it back and buy it again?

abz xx

I agree! I would try to return it. The exact same thing happened with a gift I bought my son, I bought him a new bedspread/sheets and now it is marked $15 dollars cheaper! Since I still need to finish Christmas shopping every little bit of money counts, I am going to return them today and rebuy them.

Evening ladies,
congrats to all those ladies who have found out the flavour of their babies!!!!
Still have 8 days to go, but hoping it will zoom by with christmas in between.
Been to the mw today and all is kinda well, my bp is increasing which is worrying me as i had pre-eclampsia with my daughter. I really need to take things easy, but it's so hard when you have to carry on being a mummy to the children you already have.
Both heartbeats were lovely and strong one was 120 and the other 160 so very very different.
Roll on the 30th then i can relieve my addiction for shopping!!!!!

Cactus girl will be awaiting for an update!!!!!! xx

My scan is on the 30th too!!! So excited, although they never said they were going to tell me the gender, hopefully they will.

i don't know about about now but every appointment i had i had lost weight everytime (may have put some on now) but at 16 weeks i had only lost more at each appointment and alot of people i know have only lost weight so i don't think its anything to much to be concerned about but then again i'm not a dr :p
I'm not that much concerned about losing weight than about how much I weigh. I mean, 12yo kids weigh 40 kg. It's 88 lbs if you have that number system.

You are so small sweetie! I didn't know the Kg system either.

I think with returning stuff to rebuy it, a lot of places will only refund you the current sale price xx

I have a midwife appointment at 2 just a routine check. But I keep getting awful pains in my lower stomach, Im struggling to put my trousers etc on feels really tight and when I sneeze its awful! Does anyone know what this is?

Have a lovely day! x x x

Hi Hope and Faith,

I have been having lower stomach pains too ths past week or so. I have a cold and when I blow my nose or cough it really hurts. It feels like it did at the beginning of the pregnancy so I have been assuming it is just my uterous stretching.

What did your midwife say to you about it? I'm not seeing mine now til 11th January. xxx

Hey,

My midwife thinks I may have the beginnings of SPD, would explain all the pain I have been having and trouble walking. Just need to keep an eye on it and go back if it gets any worse! How is everyone?

I think with returning stuff to rebuy it, a lot of places will only refund you the current sale price xx

As long as you have the receipt (which I do) they should give you back full price, I think if you don't have the receipt they will only give you the sale price and store credit....well see later today:wacko:

Apparently I am a picky person so my mother gave me my Christmas money and told me to go pick some stuff out:wacko: Doesn't really bother me since I am picky:haha: But I just hate having to go back to the crowded malls today....UGH! But my sister called my son and asked he if wanted to spend the night so YAY! Hubby and I decided after the shopping we will go watch a movie, we've been wanting to see the Blindside, looks really good!

Hi ladies. How is everyone?

I am doing much better now that I got on a steroid. I knew that was all I needed. Its so frustrating sometimes. I know my body - I know the drill - but the doctors sometimes make me jump through hoops to get what I need! I mean - I know they are trying to be careful and not over-prescribe any meds since I'm preggo - but BABY NEEDS to BREATHE so give me what I need! I went to an OB yesterday (not mine cause she was out) and saw her about my cold. Its in my chest - which aggravates my asthma - I was having issues all day - but she only gave me an antibiotic. She then directed me to my pulmonary doctor to follow-up. I told her I needed a steroid - but she said that was up to HIM. So I called today (after a rough night and almost going to ER), and of course - they couldn't fit me in for like over a week. I was about to lose it completely - because I KNEW the next step was the hospital! Finally the nurse said she would speak to the doc and tell him what I told her (preggo - asthmatic - chest cold- etc...). She said she'd call back. So - I was waiting around for hours - jusr about to go to ER to get the stinkin steroids I know I needed- actually IN THE CAR - and would now have to spend $100's of dollars plus hours of my time to get - and FINALLY she called me back and said the pulmonary doc called in a scrip for me! Thank goodness. And of course - now that I have taken them - I'm all good. But man - what a pain in the rear to get them! SO frustrating!

Other than all that though - things are going well. Slowly getting my house back in order. Trying to clean up after painting and tiling floors and such. DH is currently rehanging the window blinds. Just want it back in order before Santa comes Thursday night.

Plan to bake cookies with the little man tomorrow. Gotta get them ready to leave out for santa. Also need to bake some desserts for Christmas eve. Gonna make brownies and cut them with a cookie cutter into the shape of Christmas trees....
Have to make some other dessert too - but not sure what yet....

Have a nice night all....

marta - i dont think u need 2 feel sick 2 have a thyroid issue

hope&faith - i had spd with dylan, not nice! am hoping 2 escape it this time!!!

logansmama - i hope that u r feeing better soon! i'm going 2 be doing some baking with the kids 2day 2.

am soooooooooo glad it's the 1st day of the xmas hols. going 2 meet my friend 4 lunch (hopefully the kids will beahve!!!) hope it stops raining tho it doesnt look like it's going 2. dylan ripped his waterproof suit yesterday but he may just have 2 wear it anyway so he'll get soaked!

Sorry I did not have time to update last night - after the scan my parents had arranged a pre xmas meal with my inlaws which was a great opportunity to tell them all.....we are having a blue!!!

It was a bit of a shock (have posted a thread about it) when we first got in the scanner said it was a girl but then a few minutes later LO started wriggling and out it popped from between his legs!!! Glad the scanner kept looking!!!

Am a bit surprised as don't have much experience of boys as had a sister and just expected would always have girls but am still very happy!!

The 2nd picture you can see it is definitely a boy!! Imagine he is sat on a photocopier!!

Attachments

• Baby Whalley - Scan 3 and Scan 4.jpg
    Baby Whalley - Scan 3 and Scan 4.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 17
Cactusgirl - You have broken the trend. Defo boy bits :haha: Congrats!! Would you recommend BAbybond? I'm gagging to get a scan before 14th, if I can persuade my husband that is.

Cactusgirl - You have broken the trend. Defo boy bits :haha: Congrats!! Would you recommend BAbybond? I'm gagging to get a scan before 14th, if I can persuade my husband that is.

Thanks Widger - I know there is no mistaking that!! :haha:

I would recommend Babybond - they seemed a bit disorganised but I think that was because of the snow to be honest as the staff were all running late. But the room was lovely - it was on a projector so the scan was really big which was great as could see everything.

And our scanner was lovely and explained everything - she was actually pregnant as well so must scan herself everyday!! I know I would!

Ooh you had the same woman as I did :happydance: She's lovely isn't she! Congratulations on your little boy :blue: :D xx

Ooh you had the same woman as I did :happydance: She's lovely isn't she! Congratulations on your little boy :blue: :D xx

I wondered if it would have been the same lady as you!! How funny!! Imagine if you worked as a scanner and were pregnant - I would not want to see any clients I would be too busy scanning myself all the time!! :haha:

She must just do a sneaky peek all the time :haha:

Did they check measurements etc too as it says it is a well being check they give you? Sorry for all the questions :blush:

She didn't do measurements for me, just had a quick look and said obviously she's not doing a proper anomaly scan, but everything looks perfect :D

is your cold better katie?

my kids r fighting over lego at the moment! not quite the peaceful holiday i was hoping 4 lol!

Not really, I feel rubbish.. I've got a lovely cough now too! Thanks for asking :)
I've just seen a September babies thread :wacko: Where is the time going, am I really nearly halfway? I still feel like I'm about 6 weeks :lol:

She must just do a sneaky peek all the time :haha:

Did they check measurements etc too as it says it is a well being check they give you? Sorry for all the questions :blush:

She did not do any measurements like Katie said and said that was not what the scan was for but she did say everything looked fine.

On the scan the length measurement was 16.8cm which I think is about right for 19w2d.

Thanks girls. Wow, September baby thread already? Can't believe it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->