*** May Babies ***

I'm hoping to work until April 9th, maybe later depending how I'm feeling- I'll be 34 weeks then so still quite early to finish IMO!

I have two other children and house to run plus my job is physical and stressful so earlier the better. I also have elephants for babies so think 29 weeks will be like 39 weeks for other mums.
xx

I wasn't commenting on the date you've chosen to work to, I didn't even really register it tbh. I was just saying when I plan to finish..

Welcome debjolin. Glad you can join us!\

As far as maternity leave goes - I'm working till I pop. It sucks, but we can't do it any other way unless I don't have a choice! And on the plus side - it'll keep my mind off WHEN I might go into labor and stuff. I worked till about 6 days before I gave birth last time. I survived. Course - I would love to stop working NOW if I could!

I have been feeling baby a lot today. Keep SEEING him move too - which is AWESOME.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Am going back to work on the fourth for a month, then laid off... will have to find some contract work to do from home till #3 is born, but in the meantime am trying to wrap my head around re-entering the working world (if only briefly).

i plan to work until 34 weeks. dont think i could last any longer than that. that should take me to end of march.

Am i the only one starting mine on my due date???!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Wowee Mork! My work insist you start your maternity leave a week before your due date. I will have lots of holiday to use up for 2010 which I plan to take before my maternity leave so anticipate finishing at the start of May when I will be about 36 weeks.

I hope you all had a nice festive break. Mine was filled with good company, lovely food and lots of card and board games - awesome :thumbup:

After lots of wind and wishful thinking I think I have finally felt LO move :mrgreen: I have never experienced the fluttering that some of us talk about - my LO seems to have gone straight to poking me! If I am lying down if feels like LO is prodding the front of my lower belly, whereas if I am sitting or standing the sensation is less intense and feels like gentle tapping. I was in the car driving when I felt is twice in a row yesterday and then I felt it a couple more times in the evening at dinnertime :cloud9:

I have got a dinner and drinks "do" at a friends home on NYE and the attire for the evening is smart. I have been through my wardrobe and while I have a couple of options which would be appropriate I feel really frumpy in all of them. I am still only really starting to develop a bump at the moment so I am at a point where I feel I look like I have been eating too many pies rather than pregnant :rolleyes: I think I might pop to the shops before the "do" and see if I can pick up a nice outfit in the sales which makes me feel a bit more confident.

I have made it onto BnB much over the last 4-5 days and have just realised my ticker is now on box 5/9 :shock: It is hard to believe that in two and a half weeks time I will be half way through my pregnancy and, hopefully, know whether we are on team winky or minnie!

Well it is time for bed. I am back to needing 9+ hours at the moment otherwise I wake up feeling hungover - delightful ;)

Have good night all :hugs:

Am i the only one starting mine on my due date???!!!!!!!!!! xxx

Me too! I'm working until I can't any longer and then only staying on mat leave for 3 months.
Pippin seems to be having a dance party in my tummy this evening.
Less than 3 days till our gender scan!

I wasn't commenting on the date you've chosen to work to, I didn't even really register it tbh. I was just saying when I plan to finish..

I hate text lol I wasnt being funny either. TBH wish I could work right up to due date but work are paying me full time money for working 4 hours a day (they are lovely) so in a round-about way my line manager asked me if I would finish at 29 weeks and add my 5 weeks holiday to it so I couldnt say no although I know I could if I wanted to.

So excited about seeing babe now bet we all are. Although third babe the excitement seems more.
xx

I had wonderful Christmas. OH just took kids to their moms place, where they will spend New Year eve. We visited our parents and I saw his parents for first time. Lucky them that could see me 4 days before the wedding:haha: While being there his sister said that she is pregnant. I looked at her bump and thought she will be due in April or May but she is only 10 weeks. And she has a bump. I don't want a bump for 4 days, then it can start growing. But it was really funny to think that I am 10 weeks ahead of her and noone understood that although I was wearing a tight-fitting blouse. I will make a pic on my weddingday.
What else? Still haven't felt baby moving. I filled mw orders to eat a lot during Christmas. Did it and guess what, weigt raised. Now I weigh 89 lbs. It's like a joke:dohh:

I am working until at least 38 weeks (longer if I can so I can have more time off after!) so I can get Maternity allowance as I only started working again when I was 12 weeks (was on long term sick before that)

I only work 3 days a week and am a nanny with a lovely family who are very supportive so I can rest during the day if I need too.

It is nice to know I am not the only one working until very near my due date! Thought I was the only one!

Wow you girls are lucky! I have to work until the week before I deliver....Of course I don't know if I can make it that long but that's the plan as I won't be working for 6 months after baby is born so we need the money.

me 2. i need the money 4 when baby is here as i only get 18wks paid maternity leave!!!

hey guys. i'm hoping to finish at the end of april and use up two weeks of my holiday and then two weeks of my maternity leave. i only get statutory maternity pay so not sure how long i'm going to manage to stay off. don't think we can survive on OH's salary alone with our mortgage etc but i'm damn well going to try. although we may end up living on potatoes...

abz xx

Hi ladies. Had my check-up today. Went good. Heard the heartbeat - always fun! And doc seems to be onboard with my plans for VBAC. She sounded more promising about it today than she has in the past. So - I'm happy about that! She even had me fill out my VBAC consent forms! Yea! I mean - there are no promises as of yet - we won't know till the end if it will work out - but as of now, she says we can TRY it!

And - at my next appt I have my glucose tolerance test! Can't believe thats already here! Still seems early - but doc says we do it between 26-28 weeks and my next appt I will be 26 weeks! Holy Crap - this preg is goin FAST!

Logansmama - glad you had a good check up today!!

I have to sort out my maternity leave by the end of Jan I think.. but am intending to work until I pop if possible so I can have more time off after the birth but even then intend to go back part time after three months..

Either way, I will be starting a count down soon!! :happydance:

I plan to finish work on the 3rd April, take all my holiday for 2010 so that's 28 days including bank holidays I think, that takes me to practically my due date (possibly). No way am I risking my company sending me to customer site around the country with little notice. I can't wait to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->