*** May Babies ***

Hi everyone!!
Just wanted to share our news, after having my 20 week scan yesterday we found out we are have another 2 girls!!!!!
They are both extremely happy and healthy (which was a big worry for me as you don't get to have any routine anomally tests with twins until now!)
Hubby is setting up savings accounts all over the place for all those weddings!!
Seems team pink is well ahead!!!!
xx

congrats on team :pink: malpal

babyhope - what a horrid appointment. i hope your 4d is better.

marta - have a lovely wedding!

logansmama - i cant believe what a raw deal teachers get in the states. i thought my 18wks was crap compared 2 the uk!

happy new year 2 all!!!

malpal - I said it in your other thread - but congrats on your girls! That is so very exciting!

babyhope - Sorry your scan went poorly. That stinks! I would bet doc is correct about the sex though - especially since he said boy! My sonographer literally scanned me for like 4 seconds (no lie), then stopped, (to do something else real quick), and I asked her if we would be able to find out the sex that day. She said yes - and that she already thought she saw a boy. And that was LITERALLY a once over with the wand! When she looked again during the rest of the scan she confirmed it. AND that was at 16 weeks too - so at 20 I'd say you are pretty safe with thinking boy! But anyhow - hope your 4d scan is better. I'm sure it will be! Nothing like seeing baby like that- besides in person!

maybebaby3 - Yup. I want to move to the UK now! :)

Haven't posted in a while so congrats to all of you that have found out gender and had good scans. I'm still patiently... waiting for mine. Not till 21 weeks on 14th Jan.

My little one has been kicking away and is very active. I've also felt movement (so has my husband) from outside which I know is really early apparently so I'm not taking it for granted at all.

Just wanted to say hope you all have a great new year tonight xxx

Marta - HOpe you have a fab wedding x

just popping in swiftly to wish everyone a happy new year from denmark :D

haven't had chance to catch up but i hope everything is going well for everyone.

abz xx

LogansMama You are welcome in Canada as well! :hugs:
Malpal congratulations on your gals!

I will be waiting two weeks for my anomaly scan and hoping I accidentally catch a glimpse as they're not allowed to tell me the sex of the baby :rofl:

Back to work Monday; still having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea.

Hope you're all well and happy NYE to all!

insomnimama - I know they aren't allowed to tell you - but do you think if you ask nicely they will try to get you a good crotch shot and let you decide for yourself?

malpal - I said it in your other thread - but congrats on your girls! That is so very exciting!

babyhope - Sorry your scan went poorly. That stinks! I would bet doc is correct about the sex though - especially since he said boy! My sonographer literally scanned me for like 4 seconds (no lie), then stopped, (to do something else real quick), and I asked her if we would be able to find out the sex that day. She said yes - and that she already thought she saw a boy. And that was LITERALLY a once over with the wand! When she looked again during the rest of the scan she confirmed it. AND that was at 16 weeks too - so at 20 I'd say you are pretty safe with thinking boy! But anyhow - hope your 4d scan is better. I'm sure it will be! Nothing like seeing baby like that- besides in person!

maybebaby3 - Yup. I want to move to the UK now! :)

When I told my parents my dad said if the doctor said he seen a boy then it's a boy, he's seen so many scans he knows what he is talking about. LOL...I just can't believe it! My pregnancy is the exact opposite from my son's...EXACT OPPOSITE!!!! Everyone was thinking girl so I got that in my mind, but last night when I went in to check on my son sleeping, he was so beautiful that all I could think was if it is a boy then I will be so blessed to have two sons!

babyhope - I know what you mean. I am thrilled to be having another boy. I would have been happy with a girl - of course - but I am so excited to be getting another son!

I have to say I am a little worried about them though... How will I do splitting my attention between them. I worry that maybe my firstborn will get jealous of all the attention the newborn will need to get. He is sooo used to having me all to himself and he is very much a mama's boy! I also worry that maybe I won't love the newborn as much as my firstborn - I am soooo very attached to him! Its stupid - I know - but I can't help but worry! I just hope they are the best of friends and no one feels left out or second best! I want them to both be super loved and happy. I just hope there is enough of me to go around!

babyhope - I know what you mean. I am thrilled to be having another boy. I would have been happy with a girl - of course - but I am so excited to be getting another son!

I have to say I am a little worried about them though... How will I do splitting my attention between them. I worry that maybe my firstborn will get jealous of all the attention the newborn will need to get. He is sooo used to having me all to himself and he is very much a mama's boy! I also worry that maybe I won't love the newborn as much as my firstborn - I am soooo very attached to him! Its stupid - I know - but I can't help but worry! I just hope they are the best of friends and no one feels left out or second best! I want them to both be super loved and happy. I just hope there is enough of me to go around!

OMG Logansmama I felt the exact same way too! My son is our only child (of course now theres baby on the way) and I LOVE HIM SOOOOO MUCH! I can't believe how much I love him, he is NUMBER 1 in my world...and I can not imagine having enough love to give to anyone else because how could I possibly have that much love? Everyone has told me you will love them both, but I guess it is like a first time mom, they have no idea what a mothers love feels like until they are a mother...so I guess we have no idea how we could possibly have that much love to give until we have both our kids!!! Lol...I hope that makes sense!

Right now I am not worried about my son feeling unloved although he might feel like he is getting less attention because he is the only child in our family. He is also the only grandchild on my moms side and she has him spoiled rotten. But I think things will go ok, because he has been asking for a brother or sister for 2 years now, so I am actually super happy to be giving him a sibling.

babyhope - that does make sense! (about a new mom not understanding till baby is born - so we won't understand till #2 arrives...). How old is your son? Mine is 3 1/2. He'll be 4 a month after this one arrives....

My son is 6, he will be 6 in a half when baby gets here. He is a big boy already, I think that is why he will adjust more easily, he is ready for the baby! I know there will be a big age gap but I am glad I was able to give all my attention to my son:cloud9:

So far how has your son taken to the news of the new baby?

He seems excited about it. He says sweet stuff like "I will share my toys" and "I will read the baby my books", etc... I am trying to prepare him by telling him that I will have to be holding the baby a lot, and that I will need him to be my big helper and help me do stuff for his brother - like bring me diapers and things like that. Now that he is out of diapers (finally) we said we are saving the left-overs for his brother...

I mean - overall I think he will be okay in theory. I just worry cause he is not used to sharing me, I hope he doesn't get too jealous. He doesn't realize NOW how much of my time is going to be taken up with his brothers needs! I plan on exclusively nursing, and thats pretty demanding on my time... so that worries me a bit. Who knows though - I might have to change those plans later on. It was easy with my ds to ex-bf, since he was the only child, but now that I'll have 2, I don't know if its really going to be manageable. We'll see.... I'll just have to play it by ear I guess.

Our other issue is that DS is currently still sleeping in my bed. It is priority #1 now that the holidays are over - to GET HIM IN HIS OWN ROOM though! I need to buy him a big boy bed ASAP (before the end of January for SURE). I want him to get used to sleeping in his own room before #2 arrives. I don't want him to feel like he is being kicked out and "replaced" by his brother! So - thats gotta get done - SOON.

Anyhow - enough of my ramble....

insomnimama - I know they aren't allowed to tell you - but do you think if you ask nicely they will try to get you a good crotch shot and let you decide for yourself?

:rofl: last time the sonographer loudly said "OOPS" just as I was pretty sure I saw a set of nads... and turned out it was a boy after all. Am hoping for the same lack of discretion this time :rofl:

For those expecting a baby six years after the first, I am loving the age gap. We'll have to see now what a very small age gap is like :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES!!!!!!

I think its been about 2 weeks since i was last on here and seem to have loads to read! lol i think i shall start doing that next.

I had a nice christmas, lots of fun but rather tiring, sophie managed to pick up the sickness bug thats been going around and had things coming out of both ends day and night but seems to be alot better now. I was rather spoilt this year and made the most of it as i know it wont happen next year lol. The baby has been non stop moving, to the point he takes me by surprise when im stood up and i end up cursing under my breath lol OH is convinced we have a footballer on our hands :) Im at the point where i can see my stomach move when im laying down and it seems so weird! sophie done long big movements where as this one does lots of little ones making my stomach look like jelly when it wobbles lol.

Hope everyone is well and had a great christmas and new year.

jolou - You did go up a box! It took me by surprise too! We can officially say we are 6 months pregnant now! Glad you had a nice Christmas!

In my part of the world - ugh! I could-of clobbered DH today. He made me so angry. I decided today was the day to clean up all the Christmas decorations and put them away. I started with the tree, undecorating and packing it all up. DH was sleeping on the couch at this time. I didn't ask him for help, but I know he saw me. Then he sees me lugging huge crates in from the garage to pack up the other decorations in. Then I get the ladder to start climbing into the attic and start puttin away boxes and boxes worth of stuff. I was in and out of the house getting all the outside lights and decorations down and put away. Up and down the ladder. Half way through all this he was awake, sitting on the couch and JUST WATCHING ME. When I was almost done I about FLIPPED OUT. I walked out to his "man cave" (aka - the garage) and told him he was a BIG A-HOLE! He then looks at me all innocent and says "what'd I do?". UM - are you FLIPPING kidding me? Your SIX MONTH pregnant wife is lugging heavy crap up and down ladders and in and out of the house, while you sit and watch and never even offer to help! He says "I didn't tell you to do it today! and I didn't tell you to put any of it out in the first place! and you NEVER asked me to help". OMG. I was so mad! If I had ASKED him to help - he would have gotten mad at me for "ordering him" or "nagging" him. SO - I left it up to him to OFFER but of course he never did. So then, to somehow act like he did his part - he literally took THE LAST box that was out and put it up on the shelf. And then he dragged the tree outside. BIG DEAL. I worked and cleaned our house for 3 hours... he did 3 minutes worth of stuff. He did his part. UGH.

Anyhow - I know he felt bad AFTER cause I FLAT OUT TOLD him he should feel like an ASS and that he was a BAD HUSBAND for not even thinking to help me without me screaming at him. He was pretty nice the rest of the day to me. Its just amazing how dense guys can be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->