*** May Babies ***

I plan to finish work on the 3rd April, take all my holiday for 2010 so that's 28 days including bank holidays I think, that takes me to practically my due date (possibly). No way am I risking my company sending me to customer site around the country with little notice. I can't wait to finish.

That's what I'm doing. I finish work on 1 April and take all my annual leave on april with maternity leave starting on 4 may

I can't wait to finish work!

Took dh pram shopping yesterday and we've decided on the bugaboo bee. It's lovely and possibly the only pram that will fit in my lupo!

I'm thinking I don't want to be in the office past 34 weeks pregnant- I already feel uncomfortable with aggressive customers etc. I don't know, maybe nearer the time I'll want to stray!

I haven't given much thought on when to take maternity leave....although hubby and I did plan this baby so that after I have the baby I will have 3 months off of work (work at a school/get paid most of the summer) and to decide whether I will go back or not. I live in the US so what is the normal recommended to time to get off on maternity leave? I wouldn't mind having a few days/weeks off, get some rest in before the baby!

I don't know, I just know I'll get 39 weeks of Maternity Allowance :) I won't be going back to work for quite a while because I'll be taking evening classes at college and then going to uni! xx

I haven't given much thought on when to take maternity leave....although hubby and I did plan this baby so that after I have the baby I will have 3 months off of work (work at a school/get paid most of the summer) and to decide whether I will go back or not. I live in the US so what is the normal recommended to time to get off on maternity leave? I wouldn't mind having a few days/weeks off, get some rest in before the baby!

babyhope - I teach. I can't say I "planned" a summer baby - but would have if this was planned! :) (I did last time). So - I'm due May 1st - will use sick time to get me through till summer starts. I MIGHT have to go back the last 2 weeks or so... but then will have June, July, and August home. As of now - I'm planning to go back in August - but if I can find a way not to - I will stay home longer! I managed to stay home 8 months last time around. Would love to do the same again. I just don't get paid if I stay home - so it sucks!

With our mortgage and furloughed pay, I'm staying off only for the span the State Disability Insurance pays which is 12 weeks. I have some leave on the books, but would rather not zero myself out when I do return.

hope u r all ok girls! maternity leave seems ages away! cant wait but in another way am enjoying my pregnancy and am starting 2 panic how I'll manage with 3 kids under the age of 5!!!

babyhope - I teach. I can't say I "planned" a summer baby - but would have if this was planned! :) (I did last time). So - I'm due May 1st - will use sick time to get me through till summer starts. I MIGHT have to go back the last 2 weeks or so... but then will have June, July, and August home. As of now - I'm planning to go back in August - but if I can find a way not to - I will stay home longer! I managed to stay home 8 months last time around. Would love to do the same again. I just don't get paid if I stay home - so it sucks!

My first chance to stay on mat. leave is 70 days before due date, that is 11th of March and if I take out gained vacation days (37 days) then I can stay home 2nd Feb:happydance::happydance: But I won't stay home that early, I guess I'll stay home mid March or early April. Then I'll be 31-35 weeks. My last day to go on mat. leave is 20th April.
Paid mat.leave is for 18 months and whole mat. leave is for 3 years. I don't know how long I will stay at home but I don't think I'll go back to the same school.

wow marta u r so lucky 2 have 18months paid. i teach and i get 18wks paid and can take up 2 2yrs unpaid.

Hey ladies.

How is everyone today? Anyone got any plans for new year?

I have been an emotional wreck the last few days with hysterical crying and generally feeling down in the dumps. I think its the stress of Uni, moving and a number of other little things just piling up. Think Im starting to feel the baby move a little bit but not 100% sure. Next midwide appointment isnt until 25 weeks, I can believe how fast time is going by! I think I will have finished uni and Uni work at the end of April so thats when I will start my leave but wont be going back until little one is old enough to go to nursery unless we really need the extra money.

Thanks for listening ladies! x

aww hope&faith it's the hormones!!!

my parents sis and inlaws r coming over 4 new yr's supper 2moro. am making roast pork. cost me £50 4 all the ingredients i needed. also making carrot and parsnip soup and the parents can bring desert!

I have a doctors appointment today!!!! They always give me an ultrasound at every appointment so I am hoping today that I find out what the baby is...crossing my fingers!! I am a little nervous about the scale since the holidays just passed and I've been on vacation....meaning I am munching on Junk food all day:haha:

I hope I hope I hope I find out!!!!

One more thing about leave - As a teacher we get ZERO paid leave - but are entitled to take 12 weeks medical leave - unpaid, but they will cover MY health insurance. I still have to pay for the kids insurance though - which is crazy expensive. I get my summer off - but that is unpaid anyhow. I can take a 3 year child-rearing leave if I want as well - but that is obviously unpaid - and wouldn't even cover MY insurance. The only paid time we get is accumulated sick time. Right now I think I have 20 days... and if I have baby on my due date - I will need 28 days to get me to the summer. Which is why I might have to go back for the last two weeks!

Logansmama - I'm glad I live in Estonia.
I'll wish you all Happy New Year because tomorrow me and OH will go away to celebrete on our own, 1st Jan is day for last preparations and 2nd Jan we'll get married:happydance:

Marta - Happy New Year and Best Wishes for your wedding! Can't wait to see some pics! Hope you have a great time! Just remember - if something CAN go wrong, it probably WILL - so don't stress it! Just make sure you have a blast! :)

Any word Babyhope?
We have our scan midday tomorrow...

Soooooooooo today did not go as expected.....I am very disappointed by my scan. After waiting for an hour the doctor practically ran in and did a scan in 1 minute! He said he had to leave to deliver a baby, I guess I am just disappointed because I didn't really get to see baby. All he did was scan his head, belly, and leg and took measurements. Then he said that he wouldn't confirm it today but that it looked like a BOY! He did all of this in 1 MINUTE! He said that he would have to check again at my next visit. So the sex seems to still be in the air...My next appointment is in 4 weeks... so hubby and I are going to book a 4d scan at a private place next week, I feel like I need confirmation that it is a boy before I can offically announce it. Then it gets worse....

So after the doctor leaves I tell the nurse will I be getting any tests done to check if the baby is alright. I remember with my son I had a ton of tests and i am 20 weeks now and have not had any testing done. She got really flustered and was like you need to go TODAY to get the AFP test and that it needs to be done between weeks 16-20. NO ONE TOLD ME ANYTHING and if I hadn't brought it up today I still wouldn't know. She said that because of how far along the tests might come up positive for Down Syndrome...so now I am soooo stressed:nope:
When I got to the lab the person told me that these tests are done between weeks 16-19, and that the genetics lab testing may call the doctor to find out what took them so long to send me.

I feel so upset, I feel stressed out, I just hope everything with is ok with my baby. I hate that they are so disorganized that they didn't given me the test that are regular for pregnancy. I know that hubby and I are young (25) and down syndrome doesn't run in our family but I can't help but worry...

hope&faith - I am sure it is hormonal but hope you feel better soon. I have been an emotional wreck over Christmas crying at the most ridiculous films much to hubbies delight!!

babyhope - I am so sorry you had such a bad scan experience and am not surprised that you have booked a private scan. At 25 your risks for downs are so much lower. I wonder if you can get some reassurance at your private scan? Fingers crossed for you.

DW&MJ - Good luck with your scan... keep us posted!

Marta - have a wonderful wedding and do post some pics!!!

Happy New Year everyone! 2010 will be a wonderful year for us all!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->