*** May Babies ***

jolou - You did go up a box! It took me by surprise too! We can officially say we are 6 months pregnant now! Glad you had a nice Christmas!

In my part of the world - ugh! I could-of clobbered DH today. He made me so angry. I decided today was the day to clean up all the Christmas decorations and put them away. I started with the tree, undecorating and packing it all up. DH was sleeping on the couch at this time. I didn't ask him for help, but I know he saw me. Then he sees me lugging huge crates in from the garage to pack up the other decorations in. Then I get the ladder to start climbing into the attic and start puttin away boxes and boxes worth of stuff. I was in and out of the house getting all the outside lights and decorations down and put away. Up and down the ladder. Half way through all this he was awake, sitting on the couch and JUST WATCHING ME. When I was almost done I about FLIPPED OUT. I walked out to his "man cave" (aka - the garage) and told him he was a BIG A-HOLE! He then looks at me all innocent and says "what'd I do?". UM - are you FLIPPING kidding me? Your SIX MONTH pregnant wife is lugging heavy crap up and down ladders and in and out of the house, while you sit and watch and never even offer to help! He says "I didn't tell you to do it today! and I didn't tell you to put any of it out in the first place! and you NEVER asked me to help". OMG. I was so mad! If I had ASKED him to help - he would have gotten mad at me for "ordering him" or "nagging" him. SO - I left it up to him to OFFER but of course he never did. So then, to somehow act like he did his part - he literally took THE LAST box that was out and put it up on the shelf. And then he dragged the tree outside. BIG DEAL. I worked and cleaned our house for 3 hours... he did 3 minutes worth of stuff. He did his part. UGH.

Anyhow - I know he felt bad AFTER cause I FLAT OUT TOLD him he should feel like an ASS and that he was a BAD HUSBAND for not even thinking to help me without me screaming at him. He was pretty nice the rest of the day to me. Its just amazing how dense guys can be!

God men sometimes!!! I swear if I don't tell my hubby to do something he will NEVER do it....it took him 2 days to take the tree down and that alone took him over an hour cuz he took countless breaks. Everything takes forever with him, we have been on vacation for two weeks we have one left and on his to do list he still has to clean the patio, fix a hole in the wall, deep clean sons room, take down the lights and clean out the car....this list will probably take him all year....drives me nuts!!!

Happy New Year everyone! :thumbup:

How exciting, in a few months we will all have our babies and life will never be the same again!:happydance:

Happy New Year to everyone!

Logansmama and Babyhope - I have exactly the same worries/fears as you both as my DD (22 months) will also be adjusting to her new baby brother. I also can't imagine loving another as much as I love her but my mum assures me you do and it just comes naturally. We will of course make a big fuss of her too and buy her a present from her new sibling. Have a feeling there may well be some jealousy as first which is probably only natural. My friend brought her new baby around in November and DD protested rather loudly when I had a cuddle....she really didn't want to 'share' her mummy!!

Hope everyone's doing well, seems time is flying by recently....and our beautiful bubbas will be here before we know it!:happydance:

We got our NYE gift of finding out that we're on Team :pink:! ... Or so we believe. She didn't want to give us a clear shot of the goods, but for lack of evidence of the more obvious boy parts, we've concluded girl. The hospital offers a free gender check at 25 weeks, so we'll go back in 6 weeks just to confirm (and to sneak another peek at our little one). DH's mom and sister went with us to the u/s and are completely stoked about having a little girl. They sent text messages to everyone and their brother before we even got out of the hospital parking lot.
I think DH is terrified at the prospect of having a mini high maintenanced me. :) But he already has a large gun collection prepared for her teen years....

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year! 2010 will be big! :cloud9:

DW - Congrats on your GIRL! Exciting! LOL at the gun collection! My dh seriously breathed a big sigh of relief when he found out we were having another boy. He was petrified of the idea of having a little girl!

As is mine. He actually refuses to contemplate the possibility that it might be a girl. :rofl:

Afternoon folks,

Well ive just finished taking the Christmas decs down, wooo i have been wanting to take them down since monday..i want my house back to normal lol have to say it feels lovely! all thats left to do is sophies things she had for christmas but that can wait til next week.

Bubs has been a right wriggler the last couple of days and always seems to be reallllly low down as if he is kicking his way out! I also found out today that OHs cousins g/f is expecting again, she is due in june, its really weird, there is just 2 days between her eldest and sophie and now only a month or so between our youngest! OH came home from his parents saying his dad (who doesnt know we are having a boy) thinks we should have Josef instead of Thomas as a middle name as its MiL dads name.... i may sound horrible but i dont like it! Im happy with Harrison Stuart Thomas Scott! not Harrison Stuart Josef Scott, oh i dunno, i wondered if he was hinting to taking out stuart but ive always said it will be in there my sons name, as it was my brothers name (sophie has his middle name as her middle name). We shall see, i guess its a middle name so doesnt matter too much.

hope everyone is doing ok!

aww congrats at all those finding out sex's of little ones. Are there more boys coming along or is it just seeming that way?

Full of cold here feel so bad but what can we take, not a lot. Babe has his football boots on and is a future beckham at this rate,jesus my girls never moved like this lol
xx

aww congrats at all those finding out sex's of little ones. Are there more boys coming along or is it just seeming that way?

Full of cold here feel so bad but what can we take, not a lot. Babe has his football boots on and is a future beckham at this rate,jesus my girls never moved like this lol
xx

oh no! poor you with the cold! i have so far escaped catching a cold this pregnancy, just that horrible cough, when i was pregnant last time i found some olbas pastels (not sure i spelt that right) they helped clear my nose so i could breath, taste a bit funny but i didnt care lol oo and we can take lockets, i know its not great buy might make u feel a tad better :) Also i know what you mean about the kicking, i get proper big football kicks, sophies movements were always nice swift movements across my stomach, harrison has decided he likes to do lots of little hard kicks right on mummies bladder :D

Good morning ladies... Seems like we all were putting xmas things away this weekend. I put away the christmas decor yesterday too. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had asked DP on Friday that when he's ready to bring me the boxes to put them away I'll get things packed up and ready for him to place back in the garage. He was cute, I woke sat and he had the boxes all placed in the living room in the right places for me to pack up before I woke up. I took my time off and on putting things back in the boxes lastnight and when I woke from a nap poof they were all gone =)

Now I just have to do the dishes, hahaha

That is so great DW =) Congrats

malpal - congrats for 2 girls!
DWandMJ - congrats for girl!

Thanks for your congrats. Our wedding was perfect. We had some minor problems but that is so usual. I'm so happy to have the ring :cloud9: Photos should be done in 2 weeks and I'll definetly show them.

Yesterday, 20+2, I finally felt baby moving. In the end of the day when we were lying in the bed and discussing our day I felt a gentle move. So OH was right and I just needed all this wedding stress to dissapear so that baby wouldn't be suffering in my stress.
We told OHs kids about pregnancy today. At first they didn't know how they are supposed to react but when OH talked to them they were even a bit happy. Janely ofcourse was more exited because girls like babies more. So tomorrow we have dinner with my parents and day after tomorrow with his parents. It is time to make my pregnncy public :winkwink:
And a picture 20 weeks and 2 days. It's made yesterday morning before going to hairdresser.

Attachments

• DSC-0779.JPG
    DSC-0779.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 6
So pleased the wedding went well (despite a couple of hiccups-but as you say to be expected!).
Also pleased OH's children are ok - we have yet to tell DH's children as we dont see them often.
Cant wait to see the wedding pics!!
Oh, and lovely little bump there!!! x

So pleased the wedding went well (despite a couple of hiccups-but as you say to be expected!).
Also pleased OH's children are ok - we have yet to tell DH's children as we dont see them often.
Cant wait to see the wedding pics!!
Oh, and lovely little bump there!!! x

I've not had much time to come on here again :( I'm rubbish.................back to work tomorrow after Xmas hols..........BUT I have my 20 week scan so find out what we're having...........so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

MartaM - OMG - its amazing to me that you are still so tiny. I am so jealous! Wish I didn't have an elephants sized bump! You are going to be the perfect preggo lady - all belly and not an ounce of fat on you! Lucky. :)

Logansmama I guess you are right but imagine the situation tomorrow night where I'm telling my parents that I'm 20 weeks pregnant. For some reason I think they won't believe me:haha:

Awww - they will believe you! I know a bunch of girls like you! The Lucky ones - I call em! My gf didn't show at all till she was over 7 months - then one day - she just POPPED out a big belly. Adorable.

I can imagine it is kind-of frustrating though - cause I know at this point you wish people could tell without you having to try to convince them!!

Soooo Bummed! I have been craving a nice hot clam chowder bread bowl for soooo long! We live 2 and half hours away from the beach, but I am to lazy to make the trip just for clam chowder since the beach is too cold right now to enjoy....but man I would KILL for some Splash Cafe, the best clam chowder ever!!!! My parents went up to San Jose this weekend and my mom saw a place selling clam chowder so she bought me one....YUCK! It was sooo nasty....:growlmad: Grrrr, disappointing!!! I am seriously thinking about ordering clam chowder from Splash off the internet but I think the shipping is very high since it is overnight delivery. So now I am bummed with a killer craving:dohh:

Congrats Marta!
I can't believe you've been able to keep it a secret for this long! One of the girls in my office kept it quiet until the five month mark and then within a week she was showing. It'll pop soon enough. When do you go in for your 20 week scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->