*** May Babies ***

i am the same. i haven't felt much of anything for a couple of days but i have my scan tomorrow.

also, my bump seemed to totally disappear this morning leaving only flab... i know bump must be in there somewhere. i had a good feel of my tummy this afternoon and everything seems to have moved up a bit so i'm hoping that's why...

abz xx

wouldnt worry too much about movements i know it can be worrying tho, ive not felt much today so went for a shower and a lay down whilst putting cream on the stomach, pressing a little firmer than normal, i got a little push back and slight little movements, nothing like the usual, nothing since but im guessing he is in the growing so wants some peace and quiet today lol

I've been feeling movement every day since 18 weeks and I know that if it started to stop or tail off I'd be worried too but they do say that you shouldn't really worry about fetal movement until after 24 weeks or so.

My mum said my sister didn't move about at all really so in the end my mum chucked out her kick chart as it was stressing her out too much. Everything was fine in the end. I just suppose it depends on what sort of baby we have. Mine is an acrobat at the moment.

** Just one question though - all you ladies that have experienced it before, what do hiccups feel like when your little one gets them? I had a strange shuddering in my tummy yesterday, two real big ones and just wondered if it was that. Was very odd and want to make sure my little one is alright :cry:

i thought i was feeling movements a few weeks ago, but i'm not sure if that's what it is... I only seem to feel it when i'm feeding Aubrey and she's close to my tummy, so i'm not sure if it's her or the baby... maybe they're bonding LOL

I'm not feeling much movement either yet although I am a few weeks behind some of you ladies... and this is my first!

On the plus side, I had my 20 week scan today and she is definitely a she :thumbup:

All of the measurements were perfectly normal and she was incredibly active so I will try not to worry!!

A friend of mine who is a few weeks ahead of me asked if I had used my measurements from today(HC, AC and femur length) to calculate the babys anticipated birth weight (which is accurate to within 10-15%). She said there was a table in the green pregnancy notes but I can't find it, although I noticed that at some point a page 13/14 gets stuck in there with a customised chart printed on it!!

Has anyone else seen a similar table? I had a look on google and there are some american sites that will calculate it for you for a $14.95 fee if you enter the above info.. but I don't want to pay, I am simply curious!!

Can anyone find the chart in their green notes or know of a website that will calculate it for you?!

Hey all

Nervous bout my scan tomorrow but I hope everything will be ok

Hi ladies. I've not been on here for a few weeks. I hope you all had a great Christmas and New year. Ours was nice, if a little busy, getting round visiting 4 sets of family! It passed so quickly though.
Back to work now and back to normal with only 3 months of pregnancy left to go! Our pink bump was spoilt over Christmas and has been bought so many lovely little outfits! I can't wait to dress her in them.

I went to see my midwife today. She said the baby sounds lovely and healthy as she's moving around a lot and has a nice strong heartbeat. She felt my bump and said that she's quite a big baby, and if she continues growing at the rate she is, I should give birth to a 7 - 8 pounder! Eeeek! My last (10 years ago!) was 6lb 8.5oz so i'm a bit nervous about that!
She gave me the forms to send off for the pregnancy grant which I have to send off on 20th Jan, and also some leaflets and a DVD on breastfeeding and the forms for the blood tests at 28 weeks. I won't be seeing her until 9th February now.

I'm really tempted to start packing my hospital bag but I must resist! Lol. I have all the bits ready in the nursery. Just want to be prepared! I want to use my Yummy Mummy changing bag as a hospital bag, but looking at the list of things to pack on Netmums, don't think it'll all fit in! Is a small suitcase a bit over the top?

We decided against our original choice of pram (the Silvercross 3D travel system). I have read some bad reviews on it so decided to choose something else. We are now going to order the new Sola pushchair and car seat in orchid from Mamas and Papas. It's so lovely! I'm going to order it in a few weeks, or as soon as the pregnancy grant comes through. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to come through once the forms have been sent off?

My sciatica has got much worse since I last came on here and last night I could hardly walk. Midwife recommended an osteopath or just applying a cold compress for 5 mins followed by a hot one. I will give that a go first before I pay out for any unnecessary expense on osteopaths.

Apart from that and the odd spate of heartburn in the evenings (and all over Christmas :-( ), all is well. Baby is moving around and kicking me at least 5-6 times a day. Sometimes it feels really strange - not in a particuarly nice way either. Think she must be doing somersults in there! I have got a huge thing for chicken strips and mayonaise at the moment too.

I will try and get on here more to catch up with everyone, but work is really busy at the moment and I rarely get time to get online anymore :-(

Take care everyone. xxxx

PS. I've just noticed I've moved up a box on my ticker!! YAY!

I'm not feeling much movement either yet although I am a few weeks behind some of you ladies... and this is my first!

On the plus side, I had my 20 week scan today and she is definitely a she :thumbup:

All of the measurements were perfectly normal and she was incredibly active so I will try not to worry!!

A friend of mine who is a few weeks ahead of me asked if I had used my measurements from today(HC, AC and femur length) to calculate the babys anticipated birth weight (which is accurate to within 10-15%). She said there was a table in the green pregnancy notes but I can't find it, although I noticed that at some point a page 13/14 gets stuck in there with a customised chart printed on it!!

Has anyone else seen a similar table? I had a look on google and there are some american sites that will calculate it for you for a $14.95 fee if you enter the above info.. but I don't want to pay, I am simply curious!!

Can anyone find the chart in their green notes or know of a website that will calculate it for you?!

You should get this chart sent to you, it personalised with your due date etc on it and it spans weeks 24-42, its so they can measure you and mark it on the graph to see if it falls within the expected range. I got mine sent to me a few weeks ago but the midwife said I am too small yet to start worrying about that, I don't see her again till i'm about 26 weeks so I guess she'll do it then!

My baby is a crazy little one!!! I started feeling movements everyday in the middle of week 18 and now they are much stronger! Last night he was kicking me and it was making me jolt a little....it was kind of tickling:haha: I call my baby crazy because it will be kicking up a storm but when I pick up my shirt to look or tell daddy to put his hand on my stomach baby stops...and then we daddy walks away or I put my shirt down baby starts again!!! Crazy little one!!

pixie i was tempted to use my yummy mummy bag for the hospital too! lol ive already got it full with stuff to keep it outta the way and so far have 4tshirts, some trousers trainers, 2 or 3 packs of wipes and some other little things....im sooo taking it for bubs' things and il take a little weekender bag for me lol i dont care! ;)

well i said earlier baby has been very quiet all day but oh lordy tonight he has not stopped kicking me reallllly low down, to the point ive been to the loo 3 times in an hour! the little bugger lol

My baby is a crazy little one!!! I started feeling movements everyday in the middle of week 18 and now they are much stronger! Last night he was kicking me and it was making me jolt a little....it was kind of tickling:haha: I call my baby crazy because it will be kicking up a storm but when I pick up my shirt to look or tell daddy to put his hand on my stomach baby stops...and then we daddy walks away or I put my shirt down baby starts again!!! Crazy little one!!

mine does the exact same thing to his daddy lol and to anyone else thats about when he is kicking, i have to make mark sit next to me for 5 minutes quiet so he can see my belly go mad lol

mine does the exact same thing to his daddy lol and to anyone else thats about when he is kicking, i have to make mark sit next to me for 5 minutes quiet so he can see my belly go mad lol

I tell my hubby to do that and then after 2 minutes he gets impatient and starts fidgeting like a child!

About the hospital bag - I used a VERY SMALL suitcase last time. Like the kind you could probably carry-on on an airplane. I only packed pjs and a change of clothes for me to wear home, a bunch of panties, a robe, slippers, and make-up/toiletries. I also brought a pillow, camera, money, phone.... but thats it. I live 10 min from my hospital, so if I really had needed anything else, dh could run home and get it for me!

As far as movement goes - I feel baby all the time now - but when I don't I know I can usually push on him and he'll push back... or eat something sugary to get him moving. I did read that we shouldn't be concerned about a lack of movement until after 24 weeks though.

I bought my first baby outfit today. I have so much left-over from DS #1 - and I know I'll get lots of clothes as gifts too - so I'm not worried about getting too much. I need to go through the old stuff though - and see what I think I'll actually use and get rid of what I think I won't end up bothering with. I refuse to buy anything thats not on sale for baby either - I don't see the point - since you can really buy ANY SIZE for a baby and they will fit into it eventually. Except right now, its all the winter clothes on sale. I hate to buy much wintery stuff. I live in Florida and its only cold here for about a month of the whole year - and its hard to tell what size baby will need next year at this time... 6-9months or 9-12months or sometimes even 6-12 months... makes it hard to guess. Where as if I buy warm weather clothes - I'm pretty safe no matter what size I get! I'm gonna have to hold off a bit to get the deals on that stuff!! Anyhow.....

I also need to figure out how I am going to organize / and keep separate all the kids clothing! There is only one closet for them to share - and right now its filled with clothes AND toys. I think I def want to get a drawer-set for under the bed once Logan gets his big boy bed. And I think I will also have to install another rod - lower down - in the closet so we can have a second row. Ugh... another project! Does it ever end??

Im due May 12th so excited...Baby boy on board!!!

ugh last day of christmas hols! back 2 work 2moro and u can bet the kids at school r going 2 b high as kites!!! no hols til easter ones on 31st march i think! will then go back and work 2 weeks til 26th april when i will start mat leave! can't wait!!! oh is stll off on leave the rest of the week. so jelaous!!!

morning!

congrats on team blue missy :)

Sophie is off school today because of the snow and ice, we dont live far from the school but i wasnt going to risk walking or going in the car, i nearly slipped yesterday going in the main entrance (you would have thought they gritted it but noooo) checked this morning and it was closed so yay i dont have to feel bad as i was going to keep her off lol thing is she is hyper! and was looking forward to 2nd day back at school, altho she does not want to get dressed lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->