*** May Babies ***

Hi all

Just back from my 20 weeks scan (although it was actually done at 23 weeks!)

so exciting, we're staying on team yellow though!! I'll try and add a pic on here but if it doesn't work the link is here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/33969994@N08/4253143115/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33969994@N08/4253143115/

we saw baby swallowing fluid and its little tongue. Was so cute!!

x

Yay! How exciting!
Mine is (finally) tomorrow!
Can't wait - but I have to got to work first as it's not until the afternoon.

Afternoon ladies!

How is everyone ... congrats on the scans ladies!

Well Im off shopping this evening, do you think its too early to buy the cot? I have found one I really like and my parents are buying it for us but not sure when to buy it!!! Also has anyone got any opinions on the loola up pushchair or another pushchair that folds up small!

x x x

Hope&faith - we got our cot at the weekend (as it was half price), we have had it delivered to the in laws house and they are going to store it for us until nearer the time. Good luck!
PS We were also looking at a small folding pushchair and at the mo like the mothercare spin, the loola up was our favourite a few weeks back!! DH changes his mind like the bloody weather!!!! lol xx

Afternoon ladies!

How is everyone ... congrats on the scans ladies!

Well Im off shopping this evening, do you think its too early to buy the cot? I have found one I really like and my parents are buying it for us but not sure when to buy it!!! Also has anyone got any opinions on the loola up pushchair or another pushchair that folds up small!

x x x

We're getting the bugaboo bee - its pretty much the only one that will fit in my vw lupo. The in-laws have kindly offered to pay for half so we only need to spend £200 ourselves, which makes it seem more reasonable!

x

I think the main problem is the price of things ... we have a bit of a budget but at least if my parents are buying the cot we are saving a bit ... I have found a gorgeous one in John Lewis a bit more expensive than we were planning on paying but its for a princess! haha.

I drive a ford ka so the buggy has to fold up real small and I really want one that will take a car seat as well! just a bit picky!

Isnt it only the loola that will fit in a ka hon? I had to get rid of my ka when we found out we were expecting :(

I have Bugaboo,Cameleon in denim is sitting in my garage at mo wrapped up and I will be buying nursery furniture and all other stuff about March time,love it.

love John Lewis for cots and stuff too.

Have you seen on great universal they now have mamas and papas just noticed it so dont know if always done it and they have not hiked extra on prices either.
xx

The quinny buzz also fits into the boot of a Ka. It's what i have for Lexie. You can fit the chassis frame and the seat unit into the boot.
I sadly have to sell both my quinny and my ka, i definately won't fit a double buggy into it's boot!!

I have so many buggys I like I just wish they would fit! I love the I candy buggies they are gorgeous! ... Im def not selling my car its only just over a year old! Im so tired today ... feel like I could sleep all the time!

I want to get the Phil & Teds Sport buggy as it converts to an in-line double (and of course changes back to a single once the older child doesn't need it anymore).

Hubby and I went to pick up our stroller (i think you guys call it a push chair) second hand last night. I had found a nice second hand double one, which i'll need because aubrey will only be 13 months old when the new baba is born!https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0df26b3127ccef95af012d92d00000030O00AZMmbNm5ZsWYPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I've also been busy making a new blanket for Aubrey, will be making a similar one for the new baby when I know if we're having a boy or girl ( which is looking like delivery day because i can't seem to get a scan :( )
https://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0df26b3127ccef95bd09578c600000030O00AZMmbNm5ZsWYPbz4c/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/

I just don't know where to start with prams!! there are so many that it's overwhelming, and to be honest they all look kinda similar to me! :wacko:

I've had a wander round the big shops but just don't know how to start narrowing it down? :dohh: any one else feel like this, or can you give me tips on how you got going?

:hugs:

The Which pram guide gave me some ideas on where to start - google it! x

I have so many buggys I like I just wish they would fit! I love the I candy buggies they are gorgeous! ... Im def not selling my car its only just over a year old! Im so tired today ... feel like I could sleep all the time!
:blush: I have the i-candy peach blossom twin on order. Can't wait to get it!!

:blush: I have the i-candy peach blossom twin on order. Can't wait to get it!!

i would have bought that-love it!

Hubby went out and bought Bugaboo as he wanted the oo7 logo thingy on it and wanted denim,he knows I didnt really care what i had so I let him pick lol
xx

I just don't know where to start with prams!! there are so many that it's overwhelming, and to be honest they all look kinda similar to me! :wacko:

I've had a wander round the big shops but just don't know how to start narrowing it down? :dohh: any one else feel like this, or can you give me tips on how you got going?

:hugs:

oI went to a small independent pram/baby shop and they went through things with me. Once I told them what car I had there were only 3 that would fit in it anyway and the bugaboo bee was the only one that would all fit in the boot. The other (icandy cherry and babystyle oyster) would fit the chassis in the boot but the seat or carrycot would have to go somewhere else!!

x

We have the expensive task of ordering our nursery furniture this weekend. Will feel alot better once it's ordered. Dh should be finishing the loft as weel so i can put all it's contents out of the soon to be nursery and start titavating!!! Really want all our jobs finished for the end of march that way we're all prepared should they make a surprise enterance. Also would like to have some strees free time with lexie before they come.
xx

Good evening everybody. I had such wonderful day today. Went iceskating with kids. It was so much fun. I keep forgeting I'm pregnant. Like today with skating. Not once I thought it could harm baby. Also when we were walking through oldtown one man offered me glogg and I asked if it is with alcohol. He said yes and my excuse was I can't I'm driving:haha:

If you take a look at my avatar you'll see how much snow we have in here. It is so beautiful although it is a bit hard to run in that snow. I go running 3-4 times in week. It gives me so good feeling and I'm not planning to stop yet.

You are talking about strollers. I'm not even thinking about it, haven't even bought clothes. May seems to be so far.

Hi Ladies

I hope and your LO's are all doing ok today.

Babeeangel that is such a lovely blanket :thumbup: My Mum has offered to crochet LO and I a blanket for nursing and bedtime - knowing Mum though LO will be weaned and toddling before it is ready :haha:

I have really loved reading about the buggies and prams you are all choosing. I saw a european pushchair sold via an ebay shop in 1st tri and fell in love with it at first sight! The love affair is still ongoing and I am not sure anything else will do now :blush: The biggest attraction is that it has an adjustable handle height with a max of 116cm which is absoutely crucial as OH is 6ft6". Most pushchairs and prams only have handle heights of 90-100cm which would leave my poor OH stooped over which is just no good :nope:

My nesting and spring cleaning is having to hold fire over the weekend as I am helping some friends move into their new flat (I am driver and transport only - no lifting for me!). I am on a late shift tomorrow and might treat myself and put the cot frame up which should keep me happy! If I do that I will have somewhere to put all the random baby stuff I have bought in that is currently piled up on the floor in bags. I still can't decide whether to just get a plain set of drawers for LO or a set that comes with the changing unit on top. All of my friends have always just used a changing mat on the floor but BIL + SIL have said they love their changing unit and woud not be without it. Do any of you have a changing unit and do you think they are worth it?

Oh my goodness - how could I forget to mention it :dohh: - OH finally felt LO kicking/moving last night :happydance: Previously everytime he had put his hand on my tummy LO would go completely still :rolleyes: Obviously LO was showing Daddy how good his/her ninja stealth was. OH was quite taken aback at how strong the movement was - at least now he understands the funny look I get when LO is jumping around.

Well I have surely rambled on enough for one evening. Countdown to my scan is now less than a week :mrgreen:

Take care everyone :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->