*** May Babies ***

Malpal won't you need a triple stroller to move that big family around? :)

Hmm.. anyone else Rhesus Negative? Got a letter before about Anti D clinic :dohh:

i guess il find out tuesday... an old work colleague of mine had an elective c-section apparently hers was only a couple of days from her due date..not sure how true it is tho. I know back in the day when me and my sis were born we were on our actual due dates...im just hoping its only 4 days early lol so its may day haha.. sod it if i have him in april im staying with you may mummies!

we really need to sort the bedroom this weekend, ive done my wardrobe (its practically empty!) sorted my own drawers (again nearly empty!) all the clothes i wanna keep but wont fit me for a long time are now in those suction bag things ready for the loft. The next thing to be done i cant do alone really, at least i refuse to ;), i need to move my dressing table about so we can measure up the space for the cot just so we can get it ordered! ive seen the one i want from mothercare and its reduced to go out of stock, i have a feeling we might miss out on it.

Im glad i have the pram all sorted, can you believe i got it at around 12 weeks lol seems so early but now im glad i did. Mum is now worrying my car is going to be too small when i take her out.. I think it will be fine. I drive a ford focus and even tho the boot is small il get the pram and shopping easy in there and mums wheelchair comes apart so easy it will fit nicely onto back seat along with the car seat with mum in front...of course these will be the days i dont have the sophmeister lol on them days i have no idea what we will do! maybe the chassis will fit on the floor underneath the kiddies feet?? mmm may need to have a test run!

we've got a ford focus, and so does my best mate, and she used to fit a pushchair for if she just had her baby and her double buggy in case she had both of them, plus random stuff in the boot of hers. so i'm sure we'll be fine :)

Baby comes into our bedroom so we won't be decorating or anything. Just going to get him a crib. I think we'll take my old crib so there isn't much we have to buy.
One thing we are going to replace is my car. 3 carseats just doesn't fit in there and who would be against getting a new car :winkwink: We're choosing between Audi A8, Lexus LS and Škoda Superb. Gonna be a tough choice.

insomnimama...... I am determined i will not need a triple!!! Have got lexie working out on the treadmill in order to get some strength in her legs for those long walks!!! The i candy will swap easily between a twin and a toddler and baby so my plan is if i'm on my own foor lexie to have a seat and i will alternate in carry one of the twins!! When i have another pair of hands i can take lexie's buggy as weel, but tbh i can't imagine leaving the house on my own with all of them for a while!!! What a nightmare i lie in bed at night worrying about pushchairs!!!! Oh and a buggy board with the seat is on top of my list to get! xxxxx

Katie.... i'm rhesus negative got my anti d on 28th feb. xxxxx

i'm now into the world of people carriers!!!!

hey honey. would it not be possible for you to use a sling or carrier on your back for lexie at a push and then the double buggy? for when she 'won't' walk?

My car is definitely too small.. A Ford KA! I can't drive it anyway, it's got to go! My OH gets his license back at the end of this month so my travelling worries are solved, I wouldn't feel safe passing my test and then driving around with the baby, I'd be too worried of having an accident because of lack of experience etc.

katie, i have a ka too!! Managed fine with just lexie just got to go now with the 2 additions!

abz.. am going to do that option but the other way round. Figure one of the babies will lighter to carry than lexie. Also with the i-candy i can mix and match the seats so can have a big seat and a baby carry cot or car seat. Lexie hates being in the pushchair at the minute so hopefully she'll be fine. it's just the long adventures, but i don't think i'll be doing them alone!!
xx

hI LADIES JUST COME ON TO TELL U ALL I HAD MY SCAN 2DAY AND AM EXPECTING ANOTHER SON XXXXXXXXXXXX

:happydance:I am 22 weeks today:happydance:

Anyone know when the ticker moves up another box?

I can get my Maclaren buggy in my focus boot but it's quite long so there's not alot of room for anything else other than a couple of bags of shopping. And if we want to go away on hols with suitcases....forget it!

Malpal - a buggy board with a seat?!? Sounds great, where from? My DD is 22 months and so I'm still toying with the idea of a double buggy or not. So a buggy board may be the answer. We have a bjorn baby carrier and our pram which we can use for the first few months or so may just get by.

Ooh Marta, I'd love an Audi.....preferably an estate. Need to convince DH. He wants a Focus estate. Fab snow where you are, lucky you!

Jolou - well done on sorting out your rooms/clothes...a job I have to tackle soon, keep putting it off. Lazy I know. My last C section was done at 38 wks + 5 days. This time I think it'll be 38+3. My consultant said anytime after 38 weeks is good.

Evening Ladies!

Well we found the perfect pram today the Luna in mamas and papas but after deciding that it would be perfect we found the dar seat that goes with it doesnt fit in my car! What a nightmare ... having a bit of a nightmare buggy shopping, to the ladies who already have little ones are they happy in a stroller or do I need a car seat that fits on the buggy?

Keep warm everyone! x x x

hope - Its a lot more convenient in the beginning to be able to fit the carseat onto the stroller. Babies have a tendency to fall asleep in the car (at least the ones I've known!), so when its time to get out and put them in the stroller - being able to keep them in the carseat avoids the possibility of waking them up. Its really a matter of convenience. My ds did fine in his stroller without the carseat too - but being able to keep him IN it, was a really nice thing a lot of the time!

hope and faith. i think it depends on what kind of things you get up to. babies are only supposed to stay in a car seat for about two hours tops at a time. and i know that most of the time when i go from the car and out i will be spending more time than that, even if i'm trundling around the supermarket etc including the travel time it takes us to get there and back. i was going to get a car seat that fit onto the pushchair but i'm not going to bother now because i don't think i would use it an awful lot.

abz xx

abz - Where did you get that info from? Just curious.... My ds used to spend loads of time in his carseat as an infant because he would sleep so great in there. He also spent lots of time in his swing. He was fine. I did hear a little bit about how it might not be good for his back or something - but it was never an issue for us. I never really worried about it - but thats just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->