*** May Babies ***

i can't believe how organised you guys are!! i haven't got a thing. we are going to start sorting out the nursery after the end of january as it's my birthday then and we'll have people staying and that is the most convenient place to put them, ha.

am starting to think about furniture etc but haven't got anywhere with it just yet...

abz xx

Hi Ladies

I still can't decide whether to just get a plain set of drawers for LO or a set that comes with the changing unit on top. All of my friends have always just used a changing mat on the floor but BIL + SIL have said they love their changing unit and woud not be without it. Do any of you have a changing unit and do you think they are worth it?

Take care everyone :hugs:

[/U]

frufru, i find my changing unit a must! i still use it now with Lexie so has definately been worthwhile. i am having the same furniture in the babies room that i have in lexies so i'm going to take the changing top of her drawers and use it in the nursery. saves buying another and i can always take her in there to use it.
hope that helps xxxx

i bought a chest of drawers/changing unit combo for Sophie from mothercare, its still in use today with her telly on but if im honest i would only use it in the morning to get dressed and night to get ready for bed or if it was a paticular nasty nappy, all the rest of time i would change her downstairs. If harrison was getting his own room i would probably buy the same thing as its lasted 5 years even tho it was hardly used as intended lol hope this helps, i got very very little sleep so not quite with it yet!

Morning :)

insomnimama I think you, Widger and I are all getting scanned on the 14th - how exciting :happydance:

Jolou and Malpal thank you for the input on changing units - I am so torn as I think it would be useful but they are quite alot more expensive than regular chests of drawers and I am such a penny-pincher :haha: We live in a flat so it would be very easy to walk through to the nursery to use the changing unit whenever needed.

Abz the only reason I have got furniture bits already is because I have been trawling the free-ads and gumtree looking for bargains! My cotbed frame is from mothercare and was >£250 new and I bagged it for £30 (once again penny-pincher :rolleyes:). Lots of people have also been giving us bits and bobs - I currently have two offers of really quite nice moses baskets both for FREE :) so we would only need to get a new mattress and you can pick those up on ebay for a tenner including P+P.

OH has been alot more excitable about LO in the past week - I think he feels like it is a bit more real now that I am finally starting to get a little bump and he has felt LO wriggle :cloud9:

Righto - I should not really be on here as I have a long list of things to do this morning. Have a great day everyone

Have just worked out as well that i only have 30 working days left to go at work!!! Was a bit depressed at my ticker 89 days is ages, but i mainly only work 2 days so if i finish the begining of April then i have only 30 left.
Sorry pointless post but very exciting!! x

Good job on the bargains frufru, we thought we were in for a cheap time being as we still have all of lexie's things but again we were proved otherwise!
xx

I think the first May Babies are viable today :happydance: So congratulations to everyone due on the first! I might of worked it out wrong though :blush: But I'm 21 weeks today, and due exactly 3 weeks after ladies due on the 1st!

oh u may be right katie!! im 24 weeks on wednesday, its like the next milestone isnt it, then we only have 2 weeks left till its third tri! oh my lordy! its going sooo quick

God I can't believe time is going so fast- everyone told me pregnancy drags, but it's flying by for me :lol:

same here! the last one went fast but i thought that ws cos i was working, i expected this one to drag since i don't work but its flying by all of a sudden! Also just realised i go to see the consultant on Tuesday as i had a c-section last time and i am electing for one this time, i guess I'l find out then the exact date i go to have Harrison! i hope they keep it in may tho...i don't wanna be an april mummy i wanna stay with mayyyyyyyyy

:lol: I bet they section you in April, just because you want it to be in May!
Time is going so quick, but I bet as soon as I finish work (9 weeks today YAY!) it drags. I kind of wish I had a better job with nicer people so I wanted to stay til the end!

the first half really dragged but since i hit 20 weeks on monday the last week just seems to have gone!! i'm nearly 21 weeks now. i have no idea how we're going to get the house done on time!! ha.

abz xx

Morning :)

insomnimama I think you, Widger and I are all getting scanned on the 14th - how exciting :happydance:

Wheee! That IS exciting. Looks like my mom may be coming with me as she works next door (OH isn't able to as he has to look after the baby, who isn't allowed in). Will be nice to have some company. :)

aw, it's a shame your OH can't see too. could your mum not look after the baby for two mins at the end so he can poke his nose in if he wants to?

i was really jealous of my OH as he got to sit there and look at our baby for ages as she was scanning and i got to see her for about two minutes :(

abz xx

Jolou they are almost certain to section you in end of April- at least here they like to do planned C-sections pretty well at 39 weeks on the nose.

Funny, I think you are the only person in the history of womankind to want to be pregnant for longer. :rofl:

Hey girlies :D

The first of the may babes is viable tomorrow and im sunday :) weeeeee its gone sooooo quick, hope youre all doing well xxxx

Thanks Mrs A- I was suspicious that my counting skills were slightly lacking :blush: x

hahahahahah bless ya! its pregnancy brain lol thats my excuse anyway lol
I still cant believe im pregnant, never mind nearly viable lol xxxx

I still feel like I belong in first tri- I can't believe I'm 21 weeks pregnant :wacko: That's just madness. I feel like I'm about 6 weeks, I sometimes have a little look in first tri and feel like I belong there more :blush:

It's strange that time is now whizzing by, really dragged in the beginning for me but now I can't believe 3rd Tri is just around the corner!

Jolou - I am also having an elective C section and my consultant has scheduled me in for 2nd May...16 wks,2 days and counting :happydance:

As for baby stuff well we'll be using alot of my DD's things which we have kept...except the pink dresses of course as we are now on team blue! We got our cot and changing table from John Lewis and they are great. Come to think of it we got most of our stuff from JL and it has all lasted well.

We're going to buy a crib for this baby as my DD hated her moses basket and just wouldn't sleep in it. We will also be decorating our spare room for her and need to get her a big bed so the new baby can have her old room and cot when he's a few months old. Have seen some lovely themed stickers/wall art of fairies and flowers so will make it very special for her. She needs the bigger room to be honest for all her toys and stuff!

Trying out a new car on Sat (weather permitting) as our Ford Focus just doesn't have the boot space. Looking at a Renault Scenic which looks pretty spacious inside.

Well we still have snow here and no sign of it melting. It was so cold last night we left our heating on. Forecast reckons more on its way at the w/e.

Stay warm everyone and look after yourselves and bumps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->