*** May Babies ***

hey ladies, hope everyones weekend has been good?

seems the snow that was forcast for today didnt come, thank you god! I want it to warm up now so the bloomin ice melts, i look like bambi on ice.

Had a lovely day yesterday with sophie, we had a girls day in town, she had some christmas money to spend so we went clothes shopping and she loved it, she has turned into a grown up little lady! she was walking around the girls section in h&m asking what size she needed and picked everything herself, have to admit i was dreading seeing half the things but turns out my girl has good taste! then of course she had to do what mummy does and try them all on, ended up with some cute skinny jeans, 2 cardigans, long sleeve top for underneath them, a cute skirt and a skirt, top and tights set. She still has money left! which she informs me is to go on new tights as hers are getting too small...serisouly when did my 5 yr old turn into a 15 yr old lol. She also picked out a cute shirt for Harrison which was in the sale...i had to reign her in, she was picking out loads for him lol. After the clothes shopping we needed a coffee (at least mummy did) so went to costa where they do babchinos which is basically hot chocolate but in an espresso cup for around 50p, sophie loved it she thought she was being just like mummy lol.

I too am struggling with sleeping, my fave position is on my tummy and now it just hurts far too much, so i now get hip pain from sleeping on oneside so find myself waking up alot more having to turn over, which inturn wakes bubs up...lol

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is well! Seems like a lot of you in the UK are getting slammed by snow!

:happydance: So I finally got my phone call today from Hubby along with some awesome news! When I go into labor, instead of getting to come home for 10 days, they will be sending him home for good instead of him coming back in July/August.

Apparently he got quite the telling off for coming in the first place by the guy in charge over in Iraq (they never told him he could turn it down though while he was still here) as I'm high risk. :dohh:

And I got to chat with him on Facebook for a little bit this morning :D I am a happy woman today :cloud9:

Chikadee - Thats FANTASTIC news! So happy for you. Thats really lucky for you both! My gf's OH didn't get to come home for her labor - and couldn't even meet baby till he was about 4 months old!

so happy to hear your news chikadee :D chuffed for you all :D

well i totally forgot to pay the council tax last month, oops. so have just forked out for last month and this month and our bank account is now empty :( with OH's work claiming they have to be shut for snow and him not getting paid... well it aint looking good. but i suppose we need to get used to this given that soon my salary will be vanishing.

i also need to tell work when i am leaving for my maternity leave. i figured the end of april, but i'm using up my holidays so my maternity leave would probably start in the middle of may... but leaving now would be good :D ha.

baby is now far more active and loves kicking the bed when i'm lying on my side... does anyone else's bump do this? :D

abz xx

i wish bubs would kick my bed rather than my bladder! lol seriously its getting to the point that i need to goto the loo everytime he kicks me as i get the urge but then its justa trickle....maybe i should start holding off going when i feel the urge so i can at least have a big wee! lol

anyone else feel like a big fat whale?? ive stayed the same weight the last 2 weeks which is good but ergh i just feel soooo fat right now. it doesnt help that OH keeps mentioning i dont want to put too much weight on as i will have to loose it afterwards...i guess i now know he doesnt like bigger girls :( men eh

i haven't gotten on the scales since the midwife weighed me. i was horrified how much weight i had put on due to eating to combat morning sickness, i was overweight to start with and now i just daren't look. have been eating an awful lot less recently but i think i'll cry if i get on the scales :(

abz xx

I feel like a big fat whale! Im not sure how much weight I have out on ... I was overweight to start with but my belly is definately growing. Im feeling a little more activity, she gives me a few kicks each day I think but she is definately more active some days rather than others.

I was supposed to be back at uni today but the roads are so bad Im not attempting to go, supposed to hand some work in today but hoping they will grant an extension due to the weather!

How is everyone else? x x x

am off work 2day. have a headache as well as spd pain and rib pain so have taken a day of uncertified sick leave!

is any1 on here from leeds? we will be moving there soon and is a scary prospect as we live abroad so it's going 2 b a big move with 3 kids in tow!

I just wanted to say hi to you all, I was in your thread last year! I was a May Baby, who turned into a June Baby, I was due 28th May! How are you all feeling? If anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Good Luck to you all and try and enjoy every minute, I know some of you will be feeling really rubbish, but once your little ones are here you will forget all about it! x:thumbup::hugs:

i am in leeds honey :) what is it you are wanting to know?

i also have sciatica today. i'm not sure my hip pain is bad enough to class as spd but it's damned uncomfortable. have found that it isn't too bad if i keep my knees together but then my back complains... gah...

im due 31st may and having a girl. I have a little boy who is 16 months tomorrow really looking forward to having one of each

Petite, May Mum2b, baileybram - welcome :flower:
Chickadee - that is so great :thumbup:
MArta - Just say - "I have some great news..." and then TELL him! Don't stress it!
Did like you said. He was shocked at first but then said congrats :happydance: He knows some things about my life, like getting married and moving in with kids so we sat in his office and talked for an hour. We also set my mat.leave date. So 12th March, here I come :happydance:

Marta - Great news! March 12 huh? Thats pretty early - no? Why so soon? I mean - thats great for you... I just couldn't swing that if I tried!

As for me - I totally feel like a whale. I'm HUGE. Its scaring the crap out of me. Really. If you saw my other post though - I can't even tie my own shoes anymore! :( AGH.... SO hop I don't gain ANY more weight! I CAN'T. I'm gonna be a GIANT.

Logansmama- I am feeling and looking huge too! And I can't put the chocolate down as I write this I am eating a Hershey's bar...and it is sooooooooooo good!!! And I think I want another!!!!

LogansMama - we have to start mat. leave at least 30 days before due date and it is useful to take out gained vacation days, which I will gain 37, because it is paid vacation and money is useful :winkwink:
I'm sorry you're feeling bad. Tbh I can't even imagine how you are feeling.
Okey, break is over and have to go to class

morning girls

logan thats exactly how i feel, the thing is its not as if im eating anymore than usual! yet the pounds seem to be piling on, im actually starting to worry it is diabetes, i go for the glucose tolerance test in a few weeks so that will be peace of mind, ive also been soo thirsty and getting headaches alot, i know thirst is a symptom but not sure on headaches...blah i blame my dad if i do have it lol men see! pains in the ass lol

i have my consultant appointment today, rather looking forward to it, hoping i get my date for going into hospital!

hey girls! :wave:

I feel huge too - i'm not particularly hungry but want chocolate allll the time! he he, just like usual :winkwink: Guess there'll be plenty of time to worry about it once i've had the baby though! :haha:

I had my 20 week scan yesterday, it was great! Our little one wouldn't stay still for more than a couple of seconds though, so the pictures really aren't very good. But i don't care - the consultant got all the measurements and saw all the important bits and everything is perfect - phew!! I can go on the shopping spree now yipeeee! I'm glad we had decided to stay on team yellow, because i don't think they could've told us even if we'd wanted to know :haha:

anyway, here's one of the scan pics where you can kinda see a wee face :happydance:

Have a great day everyone, and good luck at the consultants Joulou!

:hugs:

Attachments

• 20wkscan_b&b.jpg
    20wkscan_b&b.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member