*** May Babies ***

thats a lovely scan pic moongirl!!

Aww thanks Jolou! I was a bit disappointed i didn't get a clearer one, but hey the baby is safe and healthy and that's what's important. Guess i'll just need to make up for it by taking loads and loads and loads once s/he's born :winkwink:

:hugs:

thanks abz i was just wondering about general stuff like where 2 go 4 mother and baby clubs, health visitor etc. is scary moving 2 another country but hopefully things will go well 4 us!

Morning Ladies.

How much movement is everyone feeling? I keep getting worried that Im not feeling her enough as when I spoke to my midwife yesterday she said I should be feeling 10 movements a day. Also has anyone got a doppler and would you recommend them?

Thanks ladies, hope everyone is ok. x x x

afternoon ladies,

Just back from the consultant and she wouldnt book me in for a c-section, she said i have to wait until im 36 weeks, go back, then she will book me in. To be honest i found her to be quite rude, i ended up bloody crying! so annoyed at myself for that!!! I went in knowing they will talk about vbacs and why its best to have one and all the complications of a c-section...she even mentioned death as a joke! I told her my reasons for wanting it (that's why i got all upset) she looked at me as if i was some silly little girl who just couldn't be arsed pushing. I went in knowing that they are more for vbacs over c/s and was fine with her telling me everything but its the way she was doing it, basically talked down to me, i explained i had done my research and so had my OH (he is mr research with everything lol). She asked what would i do if i went into early labour and got to the hospital already 4 or 5 cm dilated would i be willing to go through normal labour....to be honest i assumed they checked your notes seen that u were down for c/s and do an emergency one? obviously not lol i just replied that i wasnt sure and you dont know what you would do in that situation.

argh so annoyed at myself for crying! ended up crying on the phone to OH who now wants to complain and is kicking himself he didnt force me to let him go, ive said its not worth complaining as i need to see the same woman again in april.

hope i feel him a fair amount but not sure how much exactly, i do know i didnt feel sophie half as much tho! maybe girls are more relaxed that boys? :) ive not bothered with a doppler as i know i would get very obsessed over it lol

i tend to feel bump move about mid-morningish, the odd twitch through the day, and in the evening. it feels like loads but i think that's mainly because i didn't feel much at all before. also if i eat something sweet i tend to get a bit of a twitch :)

I was thinking I would probably become obsessed. I did try the glass of icy cold water yesterday and I dont think she enjoyed it as I got 3 or 4 firm kicks so maybe I will just try that when shes a bit quite. Altho I think she just gave me a kick while im typing! Must know im worrying about her!

jolou honey she sounds horrid :(

it's awful when things like this happen. just stick to your guns at the next appointment. she hasn't told you you can't have one. and you could always ask to see somebody else or ring up the antenatal ward at the hospital and ask to speak to someone and ask questions then?

abz xx

oh i am sticking to my guns, she did say she cant force me into normal labour its just the way she spoke to me which annoyed me, plus i seem to be very sensitive today, i can cry at the drop of a hat today lol

ha. well we all have days like that babes :) it will all work out in the end. stupid woman!! you'd think people that worked with pregnant women all the time would have a bit of a clue...

the more midwives i hear about the more i worry i'm going to get a horrid one at the hospital. my community midwife is lovely but she doesn't do the delivery so i could have anyone :(

i cant fault the MW at all, it was the doc that annoyed me, felt even more daft crying cos there was a student doc there too, i think i may have been enough to scare him off lol

ah. not another story to add to my list then. well when i went to the docs early on, terrified because i was in a lot of pain, he told me that i was so early on that it might be mc and a lot of people don't even know they are pregnant and have them without realising etc etc... it didn't exactly make me feel better... he also prescribed me antibiotics at a later date that you shouldn't take when preggers and i had to ring the early pregnancy ward to check whether i should take them as it was the weekend... they had me zoom in frantically asking whether i'd taken any... shame really. i'd liked him before all that...

Afternoon ladies,

jolou - sorry to hear about your appointment... how insensitive :(

hope&faith - I am not feeling too much movement yet either and certainly any movement that I have is not regular. There seem to be a lot of similar posts on here at the mo and most tend to suggest that 10 movements is the norm after 24 weeks, so I am trying to be patient! That said, I do have an angelsounds doppler which is a huge reasurrance!

I do however accept that some people can become obsessed with them! I do restrict my use and even then can usually find the heartbeat within seconds so I switch it straight off again! :)

Hope everyone else is well?

Hi ladies im due may 19th!
found out im expecting a lil boy and naming him Toby Cameron :)

aww jolou sounds awful!

hope&faith i wouldnt get a doppler from what i have read there have been scares. people think they hear the h/b but it is just their blood rushing through their veins. if u r worried contact the midwife.

welcome new may mummies!!

Jolou, what a shame i really can't understand why so many doctors seem to have no people skills! i think i'd ask to see a different consultant at the next appointment :growlmad:

well i just have to share this with you girls. just got a delivery of a dozen red roses, box of choccies and an i love you balloon from my hubby! how sweet! and the message on the card even made me bubble :haha: i have such a lovely hubby, don't know how he puts up with my hormones!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->