*** May Babies ***

Hi May Mummies :wave:

Well what a miserable day weather-wise - it has been overcast and drizzled all day long here (I think I preferred the snow :rolleyes:). OH and I have been having a competition walking around the city trying to find the person most in-appropriately dressed for the weather - there was A LOT of competition today :winkwink:. I love being warm dry and snuggly and would hate the thought of traipsing around the shops being cold and wet :nope:

OH and I are both still on :cloud9: after our scan on Thursday. He had so much fun telling everyone at work about it and showing them the picture on Friday - he is so cute!

We put the cot frame up last night :thumbup: I love walking past the room and seeing it there :blush: I just have to decide how I am going to decorate the nursery which will be lots of fun :)

I only have 2 pairs of maternity trousers and just wash them lots :blush: I have got a lovely pair of over the bump black work trousers from Dorothy Perkins (quite roomy around the hips Abz) and then a pair of jeans I got from Blooming Marvellous in the sale for a tenner :mrgreen: Apart from these 2 pairs I live in my trackies and PJ's. I love the maternity range in H&M but despite being, what I consider, a regular size their trousers never fit around my hips :sad1:

Oooh - OH has just cooked me tea Mmmmm :mrgreen:

ooh i hadn't thought to try DP Frufru. might give that a whirl :) how much were they? i've been so surprised at the extortionate prices!! it's why i'm avoiding the smart mothercare ones i saw. i'm sure they were over £30 and were over the bump. not keen on under the bump. just doesn't feel comfortable...

I do not weigh myself and every time I go to the doctor I am scared:haha: I am really scared this time, I feel that my appetite has increased and my baby just LOVES the junk food!

I only have ONE pair of maternity jeans and two pairs of yoga stretchy pants which I LOVE! They are so comfortable I need to find more because I prefer to be in them. I try to save my jeans for going out some place nice. Right now I have a uniform for work so I don't have to worry about ruining my clothes but it is getting tight and the boss has told me the budget won't cover maternity clothes so I can just wear my own...so I am going to have to get some clothes for work, nothing fancy. I do have 5-6 maternity shirts, which I think I am set, 3 are for going out and the others are more casual.

Hubby and I discussed that after this baby we would have another soon, like 2-3 years apart. Well yesterday we got a taste of two little critters, we babysat his sisters kids, which are 19 months and 15 months...OMG! So much work we were exhausted! I don't know about the close age gap anymore:haha:

Hey girls,
I have got some very comfortable maternity trousers and leggings in Peacocks - they are a stretch material and can be worn casual with trainers or more smart for work with boots - I love em! Trousers £10 and leggings £8 - they can be worn over or under bump too :) xx

Abz - I think my DP trousers were £18 which was cheaper than the non-maternity trousers I was looking at when I bought them. I was a size 12-14 before I fell pregnant and am a 14-16 at the moment and the DP trousers are a 12 and still very roomy :winkwink:

Evening Ladies!

Just thought I would pop in ... we are currently half way thru moving! The decorating is nearly done at the new house so we are officially moving in. I have been very nervous about moving as Im not good with change like that but so far so good. Im currently packing up some more stuff so OH and his dad can start moving it tomorrow ... we are only moving about a mile away but we seem to have sooooo much stuff to take. LO has been very quiet today but I have been busy, hoping to get a kick or two before bed .

Hope everyone else is ok ... hopefully we will be moved and settling in by Monday night! x x x Wish us luck! x x x

hope&faith - hope the moving is going well!!!

am on my own til next saturday as oh is on his way 2 uk 2 scope out places 4 us 2 rent when we get there. so much 2 do. we have 2 sell our house, car and moped here and i have 2 throw out loads of stuff as we wont be able 2 take most of it with us. dont know where 2 start!!! am meeting my friend later 4 lunch. she's bringing her dog so the kids can take him 4 a walk after lunch (tho maybe it's more like charlie will be taking the kids 4 a walk! lol!)

hope u all have a lovely sunday! xxx

hey ladies, those talking about maternity clothes over here in the UK i got some long sleeve tops from george at asda, they were only 6 quid each and fit really nice, i have my leggings from new looks maternity range, only a tenner and i have had them since 8 weeks preggers, altho i now need a new pair as i wear them practically all the time and my legs have all of a sudden got bigger so need to get large rather medium, they soooo comfy tho, my jeans i wear are from red herring in debenhams, i got them in the sale for 12 quid! bargain. From looking around dorothey perkins do a nice range, i got a nice top from there for going to the pub and to wear with leggings and some heals, i love it. Hope this helps some!

I had a nice meal out last night with OH and his parents, i had a thai chicken curry thing and it was lovely! soooo filling, i couldnt finish it off! altho im paying for it today as i feel so full of wind and need to pass it all the time (tmi!! sorry!). feeling a bit ergh today too, so im back on the ginger beer which seems to be helping.

hope everyone is well

I've been a busy bee this weekend- bought some maternity clothes, Peacocks unfortunately since I'm skint until payday! I've picked a pram, and the bedding I want to get. Going to order the pram tomorrow :happydance:
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-ultima-8-in-1-x-cel-chassis-mimi/259818701/type-i/
https://mamasandpapas.scene7.com/is/image/mamasandpapas/ProductImageTemplate?$mainImg=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F259818701%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$bottomLeft=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$bottomRight=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$topLeft=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2Fsave200priceorange%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$topRight=is%7Bmamasandpapas%2F%3Fscl%3D1%7D&$large_img$

Hi everyone

I am gonna sound daft now but I have just brought the baby bath set and it has a top and tail bowl with it, whats it for

katie - nice pram!

missy - a top and tail bowl is 4 when u dont fully bath the baby, u just clean his/her face, hands, feet and bottom, usually with water and soap and some cotton wool or a flannel.

missy - a top and tail bowl is 4 when u dont fully bath the baby, u just clean his/her face, hands, feet and bottom, usually with water and soap and some cotton wool or a flannel.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that, makes sense just be being dense lol

lol i was a bit clueless when i had my 1st 2! no worries!!! sometimes babies dont like being bathed so top and tailing them is a good option. i used the top and tail bowl 4 nappy changes so that baby would not be unhappy with cold wipes on their bottom in the middle of the night at least until they were a few weeks old esp as my DS was born at the end of november!

lol i was a bit clueless when i had my 1st 2! no worries!!! sometimes babies dont like being bathed so top and tailing them is a good option. i used the top and tail bowl 4 nappy changes so that baby would not be unhappy with cold wipes on their bottom in the middle of the night at least until they were a few weeks old esp as my DS was born at the end of november!

So how long are the baby baths used for, till they can sit up?

i used mine til about 7 months i think. then i bought a special seat that sticks 2 the bath so baby can sit up and u can have your hands free 2 wash them. check out this link.

https://www.google.co.uk/products?s...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB8QrQQwAA

i used mine til about 7 months i think. then i bought a special seat that sticks 2 the bath so baby can sit up and u can have your hands free 2 wash them. check out this link.

https://www.google.co.uk/products?s...esult_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CB8QrQQwAA

Thanks

There is so much you dont realise when you first get pregnant lol

so right! i was the 1st of my friends 2 have a baby so it was a bit scary as i had no1 2 give me advice. luckily i met some other girls in the same situation and we are now really good friends. any other questions don't hestitate 2 pm me, no matter how trivial they seem!!!

i never used my baby bath in the end, i ended up getting a seat for the bath which was from birth+ i found it alot easier, but thats just me.

katie i have that pram too!!! only in the denim type material, which chassis did u go for? i wanted that exact one with all the polka dots but mark wouldnt let me as he said it was too girly and he would feel "camp" pushing it...men lol you got good taste :D

men r so silly! I am trying 2 convince DH that the phil and teds vibe is a good idea, esp as we r moving 2 uk and r hoping 2 do some walking in the yorkshire dales!!!

When I registered for stuff last time - I was under the impression that "expensive" meant better. That is so wrong! Most of the pricey things I got are my LEAST favorites.

I had two baby bath tubs. The first one I registered for and when I did I thought it would be perfect. It had all the bells and whistles that a baby bath can have... It could sit on the counter or in the real tub. BUT in reality - it leaked water on the counter - so the tub became the only option. Bathing a newborn in the tub really sucks - you gotta bend down so low. The sink is so much easier... It was big and bulky and annoying. I also had nowhere to really store it when it was not in use. I ended up returning it.

My cousin lent me this one: https://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Space-Saver-Fold/dp/B000A32PNW and i absolutely loved it. It was the perfect size for baby. I could fold it up and keep it under my sink in the cabinet when I wasn't using it. It fit perfectly into my kitchen sink for when it WAS being used. It was SAFE. Comfortable. And CHEAP. LOL. And - no bending or kneeling required to use it. Gotta love that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->