*** May Babies ***

Welcome A3my.

Babyhope I was huge as well with my last pg and am horrified as to what will happen with this one as I seem to be on track to be even bigger. :shock:

babyhope and insomnimama - I am RIGHT there with you ladies. I am terrified of the thought of how big I'm going to be. I am so freaking huge already .... way bigger than last time at this point - God only knows what I'll look like at 38-40 weeks! I can't even imagine!

On that note - I went shopping for maternity clothes tonight. I have lots from last time - but I swear they are too freaking small. They are tight and uncomfortable - and the ones that aren't too small are worn out looking - I really need some new stuff. Last time I refused to wear the "over the belly" kind-of pants (I thought they were so ugly!)- but this time that is what I want. The under the belly kind cut off my circulation! The over belly ones are so much more comfy! Anyhow - I drove all over town - and couldn't find a thing! I swear I must be the only pregnant lady in my area! How the heck does NO-WHERE sell maternity clothes? The old navy by my house doesn't carry them - so I drove 30 minutes to the Old Navy I bought them at when I was pregnant LAST time - and they don't have maternity anymore either! Then I went to the mall out that way - and JCPENNY had ONE stinking rack of crap - and not another store in the mall that sold preggo clothes! GRRR! I REALLY just want a couple pairs of jeans! How hard can it be??
So - now tomorrow I am going to be out and about again shopping... in the other direction - to see what I can find! Its very frustrating! I could order online - but I'd really like to try stuff on first to see how it all fits!

babyhope and insomnimama - I am RIGHT there with you ladies. I am terrified of the thought of how big I'm going to be. I am so freaking huge already .... way bigger than last time at this point - God only knows what I'll look like at 38-40 weeks! I can't even imagine!

On that note - I went shopping for maternity clothes tonight. I have lots from last time - but I swear they are too freaking small. They are tight and uncomfortable - and the ones that aren't too small are worn out looking - I really need some new stuff. Last time I refused to wear the "over the belly" kind-of pants (I thought they were so ugly!)- but this time that is what I want. The under the belly kind cut off my circulation! The over belly ones are so much more comfy! Anyhow - I drove all over town - and couldn't find a thing! I swear I must be the only pregnant lady in my area! How the heck does NO-WHERE sell maternity clothes? The old navy by my house doesn't carry them - so I drove 30 minutes to the Old Navy I bought them at when I was pregnant LAST time - and they don't have maternity anymore either! Then I went to the mall out that way - and JCPENNY had ONE stinking rack of crap - and not another store in the mall that sold preggo clothes! GRRR! I REALLY just want a couple pairs of jeans! How hard can it be??
So - now tomorrow I am going to be out and about again shopping... in the other direction - to see what I can find! Its very frustrating! I could order online - but I'd really like to try stuff on first to see how it all fits!

I found a pretty decent maternity selection at babies r us here, check with your local one. Yesterday I got an adorable sweater on clearance there for $20. Also if you have Burlington Coat Factory there check it out, ours carries mat clothes, got some super cute jeans (with the full belly panel but you can't tell they look like $90 non mat jeans) for $15. Kohl's sucks don't even bother. I have ordered a ton of stuff online from Old Navy and I've been very happy with it. All their mat stuff has reviews written by people who have bought it so you get a nice idea if the item runs big, small, etc. I find Old Navy's sizes run pretty true and give you some growing room which is nice. Good luck!

Our town literally has no maternity clothes... You can't even get a belly band here and the nearest town is 90 miles away. Although I don't usually have any luck at Ross, I managed to find a couple of cute pair of jeans for $13 each. Worth checking if you have access.

maternity clothes here r crap 2. i decided 2 order some over the internet and here i am over a month later and they havent arrived. i emailed the company and they said 2 wait til the end of jan 2 c if they arrive which is over 6wks since i ordered and it was supposed 2 take 5-8days!!! am so pissed off!!! i need the clothes now, not in another 2 months time!!! i ordered tights and a coat that r impossible 2 find here! :grr:

thanks guys :) i feel better knowing i'm not the only B-bump :)

i just want some black trousers i have lots of nice tops and at the moment they are all hidden under my dungarees and people at work keep telling me i look like a plumber/builder/going to fix the roof etc, ha. so some black troos would be handy. but although a lot of them have super huge bump bits, they are all really tight on the hips so don't actually fit, even if i go up a couple of sizes. my hips aren't that big, so i don't know who they are catering for!!

abz xx

Well having spent a while catching up with this thread... I am chuffed to see others with a b shaped bump!! abz and babyhope I just thought I looked weird until I read that I wasn't alone!!

It is filling out a bit now and is quite firm but I did wonder why I didn't have a round bump like most people!

I have been telling hubby that it must be because I had really strong tummy muscles until I got pregnant :haha:

So here's to getting really big, round and fat :)

well i've started getting stretch marks around my tummy button already. that part of me obviously doesn't want to stretch out!! but i'm determined that i will look pregnant. instead i just look fat!! it's silly how much it means really isn't it?? ha. i mean, all the people i know know i'm pregnant anyway, but i want to LOOK it. ha.

am at work at the moment. it's very quiet. and i'm rather bored. opened my licorice allsorts to find that my mum has eaten all the nice ones whilst i wasn't looking as she's visiting at the mo. so i've told her off and i am instead eating an apple, which i suppose is better... hmph, ha.

abz xx

oh well abz an apple is the healthier option if not the nicest! lol!

yup. add another hmph to the previous comment :D

Urgh, maternity clothes. I just can't find any I like :( I'm really going to have to buy some though, I can't zip any of my work pants anymore!
And I need to buy something to wear to go out tonight, but don't even want to go! xx

There is definitely a gap in the market for decent maternity stuff. I only like over the bump jeans as they're more comfy and have got some nice tops from H&M and Next. Apart from that, the choice is pretty limited. Mothercare do some nice black troos, they're sort of stretchy material, wide leg and over the bump. Not super smart but sooooo comfy and that's my priority!

I am also much bigger this time round and my tummy feels so heavy, like it's an effort to move. Had trouble getting up and out of the bath last night :blush: So what on earth I will look/feel like in a couple of months time, god only knows. I still haven't gained a huge amount of weight but still look like an elephant. Using Bio-Oil for stretchies which seems to be helping....not feeling very glamorous though so no blooming stage for me....:nope:

Might have to do some shopping to cheer myself up....so far on the list is new kitchen, car, blue baby stuff....and a nice holiday in Barbados would be nice!!:happydance:

I feel like a whale. I've got a double chin. And I washed my hair this morning and it looks greasy already. Bitch bitch whine whine, I'll go out now and stop moaning :lol:

i haven't been on the scales since my midwife first weighed me. i just don't dare!!

abz xx

I don't own scales! It's hard enough for me to cope with having to eat 'normally' and I'm dreading getting weighed. Last time I asked her not to tell me, but she did anyway.
On a slight tangent, I'm scared eating disorders are genetic?

There is definitely a gap in the market for decent maternity stuff. I only like over the bump jeans as they're more comfy and have got some nice tops from H&M and Next. Apart from that, the choice is pretty limited. Mothercare do some nice black troos, they're sort of stretchy material, wide leg and over the bump. Not super smart but sooooo comfy and that's my priority!

I am also much bigger this time round and my tummy feels so heavy, like it's an effort to move. Had trouble getting up and out of the bath last night :blush: So what on earth I will look/feel like in a couple of months time, god only knows. I still haven't gained a huge amount of weight but still look like an elephant. Using Bio-Oil for stretchies which seems to be helping....not feeling very glamorous though so no blooming stage for me....:nope:

Might have to do some shopping to cheer myself up....so far on the list is new kitchen, car, blue baby stuff....and a nice holiday in Barbados would be nice!!:happydance:

I have some of those Mothercare trousers, they are so comfy

hi katie. i've never heard anything about eating disorders being genetic. i have read about them being learned behaviour from a parent though. hope that helps.

how much are these mothercare trousers? they sound fab!!

abz xx

I am addicted to the scale. I weigh myself CONSTANTLY.... which just irritates me all the time. I really should take the scale out of my bathroom.

hi katie. i've never heard anything about eating disorders being genetic. i have read about them being learned behaviour from a parent though. hope that helps.

how much are these mothercare trousers? they sound fab!!

abz xx

I have these

https://www.mothercare.com/M2b-Comb...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=75781031&mcb=core

https://www.mothercare.com/M2b-Cott...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42791041&mcb=core

i swooshed water off the end of the bath and all over my scales a while back and since they were digital ones they really haven't worked well since.. ha. i suppose i should go to boots and get weighed at some point... but i really don't want to!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->