*** May Babies ***

so right! i was the 1st of my friends 2 have a baby so it was a bit scary as i had no1 2 give me advice. luckily i met some other girls in the same situation and we are now really good friends. any other questions don't hestitate 2 pm me, no matter how trivial they seem!!!

Thanks hun

Out of curiosity, since I am from the US and we use strollers, how long do prams last? Do you only use them when they are infants or can you use them when they are bigger as well. I am wondering because I remember using my stroller for my son well until he was 2 or 3 years old.

erm i had a pram attachment which i used 2 about 3months and then i had a seat attatchment that went on2 the same chasis that was supposed 2 last til 4yrs but i ended up getting a lightweight stroller when baby was abt a yr.

:hi: Hello all. Still like Frufru.... on :cloud9: after my scan last week.

Glad Missy86 you've mentioned bits about baby baths etc as it all seems so daunting to know what to buy when you are a first time mum. I managed to find this article which tells you the real basics that you need and any added extras if you want for the first few months etc https://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/body_and_soul/article3288462.ece

Hope that helps a little as I'm totally clueless. Any of you 2nd time + mothers out there, any advice you can give us first timers?

Katie - I'm with you on the maternity clothes, it all seems so naff and uninspiring but I don't want to buy too many work bits/bobs as I finish work in 11 weeks. I did though buy a nice pair of trousers from new look for £20. I'm also living in my empire line dresses from pre-pregnancy.

Do bumpbands help you wear your old trousers by keeping them up? ARe they any good? I need to get some maternity jeans I think, topshop are supposed to be good value and a good fit - got to get in there some time soon.

As for me, suffering with heartburn... ouch. Any ideas to help?

gaviscon is good (tho disgusting)!

any advice u want ask away, this is my 3rd pregnancy. i prob will not know all the answers but i will try 2 help out where i can!

gaviscon is good (tho disgusting)!

any advice u want ask away, this is my 3rd pregnancy. i prob will not know all the answers but i will try 2 help out where i can!

I'm sure soon enough I'll have a long list :rofl:

I have bump bands and i think they are aCE!! i got the 3 pack from new look for £10 and they are one of my best maternity buys, well worth the money imo xxxxx

Widger - Zantac/Ranitidine is great for bad heartburn. Ask your doc for a prescription as it's expensive. Gaviscon makes me gag and tastes vile.

Maybebaby - I too have my eye on the P&T's Vibe - looks great! In Mothercare it was £499 + all the separate bits so I'm going to take a look in Kiddicare and Ebay to see if there are any deals around. Sounds like you have alot going on what with your move etc. I'm sure your OH will find a lovely place for you to rent over here, will it be in London? Also hope you're coping ok with the kids whilst he's away. I sometimes struggle to cope with one at the moment (she's 23 months) and my DH works from home, so gives me a hand when he can. I know I'm lucky!

Hope&faith - good luck with your move, so exciting!

Out of curiosity, since I am from the US and we use strollers, how long do prams last? Do you only use them when they are infants or can you use them when they are bigger as well. I am wondering because I remember using my stroller for my son well until he was 2 or 3 years old.

To be honest, I think lightweight strollers are the way to go. Much easier to manouvre, get in and out of the car etc. and will last at least until 2-3 years. We have the Maclaren Techno XLR and it's great. As much as I love prams, mine didn't last very long with DD, only a few months. That said, she is very tall which may explan why she outgrew it so quickly!

:hi: helloooooo everyone!!

I got back from Oz today - am feeling very spaced out, 23 weeks pregnant and 24 hours flying don't really mix!! Trying to stay awake as long as possible now and have just caught up on about 50 or so pages on this thread!!

Had an amazing time but have finally come to terms that I can no longer keep up the pace I used to. After 2.5 weeks constant sight seeing, running around etc my body more or less gave up towards the end and I could hardly keep up with everyone walking!

The heat was really bad on a few days (know you guys from UK won't want to hear that!!) and it affected me worse than normal!

My bump has defintely made an appearance since being away too - a few strangers commented on it and someone gave up their seat on the bus for me!! So must be looking more pregnant than fat now!

Movement is coming thick and fast now!! Lots of thumps and bumps going on, DH and my mate have both felt him and can see the movement from the outside now as well. I still feel weird about it like Alien but find it more reassuring now!

Have my scan and mw appt tomorrow which I am looking forward to - fingers crossed everything goes well.

There were far too many posts for me to comment on individually - but congrats to all the newbies and those that have found out the gender.
I am loving hearing about what prams etc people are buying - that is the next thing to look at now we are back!!

I have missed you all and looking forward to catching up properly!

xxx

Welcome back Cactusgirl!

Wow, very impressed you managed your trip/journey/heat etc. considering you are nearly 6 months pregnant. Well done you!!

Look forward to hearing all about your hols and good luck for tomorrow.

Am very happy to answer any questions re: must-haves, but should add a caveat that I am in Canada & thus product names/types may differ. :)

Welcome dollyvegas! Hope you enjoy the thread!

My parents have just told us they'd like to pay for half the Phil & Ted's stroller / double seat we'll need for the two little ones and I'm so excited! Bonus is that it converts back to a single stroller once the toddler is a pre-schooler. :happydance:

Welcome Sang and Dolly. Congrats on your upcoming bundles... Do either of you know the sex yet? Will you find out or keep it a surprise?

Insomni - Awesome that your parents will help you out with the stroller - and double awesome that it converts back to a single later on. How convenient. I would love a new stroller - but the one I have is fine for now... and I have too many other things to think about right now... so that is at the bottom of my list!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me.... I feel so uncomfy today. I feel like baby weighs 1000 lbs already! I'm so full and tired and just icky. Hope tomorrow will be better - but I just have this feeling the rest of this pregnancy is not going to be very comfortable.... Almost in 3rd tri - and 2nd IS the best part. Guess the "good" part is now past! UGH. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

On a positive note - I listed some things on EBAY this morning and I already have some bids. So thats fun. After I went through my baby clothes I took out some stuff I didn't want and put that on... then I did the same with my maternity clothes that I know I won't be using. I also listed a couple baby toys. I have one more thing to put on there that I forgot about until now.... Hopefully I'll make a few bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->