*** May Babies ***

Widger - Zantac/Ranitidine is great for bad heartburn. Ask your doc for a prescription as it's expensive. Gaviscon makes me gag and tastes vile.

Maybebaby - I too have my eye on the P&T's Vibe - looks great! In Mothercare it was £499 + all the separate bits so I'm going to take a look in Kiddicare and Ebay to see if there are any deals around. Sounds like you have alot going on what with your move etc. I'm sure your OH will find a lovely place for you to rent over here, will it be in London? Also hope you're coping ok with the kids whilst he's away. I sometimes struggle to cope with one at the moment (she's 23 months) and my DH works from home, so gives me a hand when he can. I know I'm lucky!

Hope&faith - good luck with your move, so exciting!

kids run me ragged yesterday. we went 2 the beach with my friend 2 walk her dog. i was exhausted by the time bedtime came around! lol! we are moving 2 leeds.

welcome back cactus girl :hugs:

welcome dolly and sang hope u have had happy pregnancies so far! :hugs:

well off 2 get ready 4 work. really not coping 2 well with being a primary teacher suffering from spd and rib pain!!! oh well i should stop complaining and get on with it but i'd rather stay watching tv in my pjs!!!

I was recently thinking that my baby isn't very active... Well s/he sure gave me a "talking to" for having a second Pepsi last night watching the Golden Globes. :rofl:
Got kicked in the bladder for a good half hour after I went to bed. Painful, but reassuring in a way. :rofl:

hey only briefly on here so no time to read through and catch up :( but had my private gender scan on saturday and it is definatly a girl even got to see her 4d for free :) will get some pics up when got time :) x xx

HI all

Just joined hte forum today and cant believe how many babies are due in May!

Had my 20 weeks scan a couple of weeks agao althought they are not ever hundred percent sure they did say it looked like it was a girl!

I have got to go back at 28 and 34 weeks for scans as they said the baby had SUA so if anyone has any info on this id be much appreciated to hear it as im worrried sick!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Hi Barney76! And welcome to May Babies!

I just found out too that my baby has SUA, posted yesterday on Gestational complications... Seems mostly opptomistic from the replies I've had so far. Phewy - I guess we'll learn more at our extra scans.... although I only get one at 35 weeks as they couldn't see any other abnormalities at 23 weeks.

Congrats and welcome to Barney76, dollyvegas and Sang2009 - May babies are growing fast in size and numbers!!

Congrats Clogsy on your pink!! Very exciting!

Insomnimama - my parents have offered to pay for travel system too which is fab!! Need to start looking into which one now!!

Logansmama - make sure you rest up - you are always on the go!!

Had scan and midwifes apt this morning and all seems to be well. The scanner did not really go into massive detail of what she was doing but was doing all the measurements and said at the end everything was fine. Got a picture but will try and post that later.

Midwifes appointment seemed very brief at the hospital as everything was ok. Have been put on iron tablets as now anaemic they reckon due to the thalassemia which would explain my breathlessness whilst on hols. Have made an appointment for 25 weeks with mw at GP now and hospital have said that unless there are any complications that is it now for them!! Very scary!

Oh yes asked her to confirm the sex and she also said a boy which was happy with as was petrified she might say girl and then we would be confused!!!

Time seems to be flying so quickly - I kind of put everything on hold till got back from Oz but now am back need to get life in order!!

Afternoon ladies!

Well we have moved ... sort of! OH is still lugging stuff down from the old house. Doesnt it feel so weird being in a new house, we spent last night here and I was up all night listening to all the new noises. Our two dogs seem really unsettled as well but hopefully that will all calm down soon.

Went up to see my midwife today as havent felt any movement all weekend but thankfully everything is ok with little one and we heard her heart beat. I think I am going cot and buggy shopping tomorrow with my mum so that should be good! And im finally having my hair done!

Anyways enough from me as im just going on!

Hope everyone is ok x x x

katie i have that pram too!!! only in the denim type material, which chassis did u go for? i wanted that exact one with all the polka dots but mark wouldnt let me as he said it was too girly and he would feel "camp" pushing it...men lol you got good taste :D

It's fab isn't it, I love it! Vinny tried to say something similar but I did my sad face and saud 'Oh but I love it and you said no to the last one I loved :(' and he gave in :blush: What a brat :lol:
I got the chassis in the picture.. hmm, I don't know what it's called! The traditional looking one anyway!
Weirdly I was talking prams to the only other girl in work whose pregnant just before and she's bought the pramette version in polkadot.. how weird! I liked the pramette, but not how it looks with the carseat on.. did prefer the price though :lol:

Congrats and welcome to Barney76, dollyvegas and Sang2009 - does anyone have an up to date list of May babies? There are sooo many of us!!

And welcome back cactus girl.. my sister lives in Sydney and was moaning about the heat whilst asking how the snow was affecting us here?!!

The earlier posts on what to why and what not to buy have been helpful.. there was a similar thread on the pregnancy forum which I have read thoroughly!! It's a minefield :wacko:

Hope everyone is well?! :)

CLogsy - Congrats on team PINK!

Wellington - What is SUA? I've never heard of it.

katie i have that pram too!!! only in the denim type material, which chassis did u go for? i wanted that exact one with all the polka dots but mark wouldnt let me as he said it was too girly and he would feel "camp" pushing it...men lol you got good taste :D

It's fab isn't it, I love it! Vinny tried to say something similar but I did my sad face and saud 'Oh but I love it and you said no to the last one I loved :(' and he gave in :blush: What a brat :lol:
I got the chassis in the picture.. hmm, I don't know what it's called! The traditional looking one anyway!
Weirdly I was talking prams to the only other girl in work whose pregnant just before and she's bought the pramette version in polkadot.. how weird! I liked the pramette, but not how it looks with the carseat on.. did prefer the price though :lol:

i chose the mpx chassis, the traditional one was too big for what i wanted, tho i think they look similar. I think if we were having a girl OH may have been ok with the polka but since we didnt know at the time he "put his foot down" lol.

Well today i went to that asda baby event, not alot seemed to be on offer but i did manage to get some tommee tippee bottles, 6 for £10, which seemed rather cheap considering they were selling 3 for £9 lol. Also got a bumper, quilt, fleece and flat sheet set for the cot.

OH suprised me with some flowers when he got home from work. I think he was wanting to cheer me up, last night i just broke down in tears! i never cry infront of him at all, rarely in front of anyone at all!, i explained that i hadnt been feeling very attractive lately and questioned if he still fancied me cos he never says i look nice anymore....talk about being over sensitive lol it was all because we went out the night before and i was all dressed up and he said nothing and didnt even try to have sex with me when we got home, which isnt like him (sorry if tmi!!) lol man the hormones have been terrible this week.!

pussy galore: i have a list of the may mummies, i'll bump it up to the top of the page!

We are indeed - there are many people I know who would or have planned to be pregnant to give birth in May as you then get the summer to enjoy the outdoors with your new lo!!! I am very much looking forward to it!!!! xx

A quick update on me -

I FINALLY got a new pair of maternity Jeans today. Bought them at Target. They fit nice except that they are too long (I'm only 5'1). I have to get them hemmed or figure out how to do them myself. I would love to wear them to work tomorrow (its a planning day) - so I may just go buy some of that fabric tape stuff to use for now... Anyhow - they were $30 - but I really really needed them - so I'm happy.

I went to my pulmonary doc today too. He said I sound great- no wheezing - even though I am complaining of being short of breath all the time. He believes its all just baby and didn't want to increase my meds or anything for now. He also said its probably gonna get worse before baby is born - GREAT. He wants to see me again in 6 weeks - but says if I have any problems in the meantime to not hesitate to call.

I almost bought my "birth ball" today at target too. I had it in my hand at the checkout, then decided not to spend the money on it just yet. I really want it - so now I'm kicking myself... ugh. It was only like $18! I just want to see if I have any friends that can lend me one first!

AND tomorrow I have my first pregnant chiropractor appointment. I am hoping to get adjusted every couple weeks from now until I give birth... I have read that proper alignment can help keep baby in the right place and make delivery go smoother. I am trying for a VBAC (fingers crossed anyways) - so I want to do everything I can to help it be successful! Hopefully I can get my pelvic bones set up just perfect so baby will just SLIP right out! LOL! Not to mention that my back and hips are always killing me lately - so if nothing else - he should be able to help with that a little!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->