*** May Babies ***

welcome lindsey and dollyvegas! would you like me to add you to the may mommy's thread?

I had posted in the June babies section, but now I know I am a May Mommy To Be! Due May 28th with our second boy!

welcome 2 all the newbies!!!

clogsy - congrats on team :pink:

cactusgirl - welcome 2 team :blue:

am stressing about selling our flat as we have only had 1 viewing in 2 weeks. have it on with 4 estate agents but will go round 2day and put it on a couple more. it needs 2 go b4 we move as we cant afford the mortgage and the rent in the new flat as i won't be working! stress!!!!!

hey everyone. i vanish for a few days and come back to mayhem!! ha.

welcome to everyone new :)

we've been clearing out our house and have so far gotten rid of about 12 binbags of stuff :S we only have a tiny house so god knows why we have that much crap in it!! ah well... it's all heaped outside and i'm hoping the bin men will take pity... they won't. it will still be there when we get home, but it's worth hoping :D

my mum is visiting. which is why we've got so much done. she loves clearing out. it's my worst nightmare, so we've had a few clashes. i couldn't be more grateful though. we've spent months gazing at this mound of stuff wondering where to start. and now we're almost through the worst of it. i have four friends coming to stay (i have no idea where i'm going to put them) for my birthday this weekend too, so it all has to be done by then.

went to the asda event yesterday and got a bottle steriliser for £10 down from £25 and a breast pump for the same discount :) buying a breast pump seems an incredibly odd thing to do. really really. i'm sure i'll get used to the idea eventually... :S got some babygroes too. and from ikea some curtains, lamp shade and a sleeping bag :) of course we didn't manage to get the pushchair, carseat, baby monitor or cot that we went out for but that's what online ordering is for :D

hope everyone is doing well this morning.

abz xx

well done on the clearing out front abz. i have mounds of stuff 2 chuck b4 we do the big move as most of the stuff can't come with us. good news is that hubby secured an address yesterday so it's all systems go. i just have 2 shift the flat now and the car and the moped. oh dear!!!

it will all work out honey. great news on the address front :D is it in the part of leeds you were hoping for? we'll have to get together and caffeinate :D or decaffeinate. or whatever it is pregnant women do in a coffee shop :D

abz xx

Hi all

Only joined yesterday but enjoying reading peoples posts etc and thanks to those who have replied back to me re SUA.

No doubt i will be posting on here again pretty soon as getting 'addicted' to this site now!

Have a good day everyone,

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

here is the scan pic from yesterday at 23 weeks!!

Looks like he is boxing even though one of them is his leg!! :haha:

Attachments

• 23 weeks jpeg.jpg
    23 weeks jpeg.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 7
Hey girls. I haven't been here for long because we had really busy week and weekend. I have midwife appoinment tomorrow. Can't wait what she'll say to me.
Baby has finally started moving a bit frequently.
Anyway, have to run to class now but I hope tonight I can spend time in Internet before I pass out :haha:

hi everyone havent really been on much ,dont have nothing exciting to say only baby is moving loads growing well ,all scans were great and spot on but my ibs is playing up ,anyone else suffer with this?seeing my midwife again on the 3rd feb,ohh and ive got a huge posh wedding to go to on saturday and im not looking forward to it as idont do posh,my mum tried to make me have this stupid hair thing in my head with diddly bopper things on and i looked like a right prat,lol so i said no way.xxx

hey marta. glad all is ok :)

quail hon. just wear what you are comfy in. you're preggers. best excuse in the world not to wear heels (unless you are me and just tell everyone they are silly anyways :D)

abz xx

hey marta. glad all is ok :)

quail hon. just wear what you are comfy in. you're preggers. best excuse in the world not to wear heels (unless you are me and just tell everyone they are silly anyways :D)

abz xx

thanks ,thats what i keep telling my mum,i can dress smart but i dont do posh,lol.xxx

Hi ladies!!!
OMG i cannot keep up with this thread!!! Have read it through, but now i can't remeber to comment individually!!!
So... welcome all new comers, congrats on everyone coloured up bumps and hello to everyone else!!!
Well i have officially been signed off from work so will hopefully not miss out on pages and pages again, I am still extremely sore from my fall, but feeling like a huge weights been lifted. My daughter is still continuning to go to my mums on the days i use to work, so for 2 days I can have some deserved me time!
On a positive note all our big things are ordered, eg furniture, pushchair, and our new carpets and flooring for downstairs so all is good. Hubby finished the loft so have been able to clear out the babies room leaving an empty shell which is so much easier to work in. Just got to get the paint at the weekend and then we're ready to pink it up!
Want to go to the baby event at asda tomorrow to see what they have on offer, anyone been ?????
xxxxx

hey hon. glad you got things sorted with the doc.

i went to the asda event yesterday. not sure we went to the best store really as it was quite small but i still got a tommy tippee microwave steriliser for a tenner instead of £25 and a matching breastpump, also a tenner instead of £25. got some great brightly coloured babygroes for £2 each too. they didn't have a lot of the things i wanted in the right size, but i'm sure i'll be in asda again before it ends, so that's ok...

they did have some cheap carseats but i didn't like the colour and thought they looked a wee bit naff so didn't get one.

abz xx

Have just had a look online at it, and i'm not impressed! If it was my first then i would have been able to buy loads but i already have a steriliser and breast pump. The only thing i did want another of they haven't got and tha's the bottle warmer. Oh well hubby will be pleased i'm not spending!

Have just bought a new Lilac Bumbo seat...... hae a pink one from use with Lexie but obviuolsy needed another. Think i am going ti try and stay with the pink and lilac theme and have one pink baby and one lilac baby, then it will be easier with bottles and dummies etc. xx

morning!

i went yesterday to the baby event, granddad got me a pack of 6 bottles, mum bought the bedding set and i bought some baby vests and a new bra for me :p i got the majority of stuff at the last baby event in September which seemed funny at the tiume but im soo glad! i got the same steriliser as you abz, bargain or what, and the Johnson's box. im now worrying that i wont get the cot i want! i told OH i wanted to go last weekend to order it but we never got around to it and now its not on the mothercare website! its still on the mothercare baby plan site but im still worrying!!! its the only thing left to buy thats essential!! arghhh stress lol. I'm also secretly worrying that Harrison has not been as active as normal since Saturday afternoon, i am still getting the odd kick but no where near as much as usual..im probably worrying over nothing! On an up note my granddad said he was giving me £100 in april towards baby things, it will probably go towards things we will need in a few months, like high chair and different car seat and a drawer for underneath the cot, planning on hopefully getting one of those plastic ones that are on wheels rather than forking out 50 odd quid for a wooden one to match the cot.

Welcome to all the new mummies!!

Quail, i suffer from IBS also, have done for about 6 or so years, it had been non exsistant up until recently, it flared up around friday/saturday and it just clearing now. How has yours flared up? I used to get really bad constipation if I ate something that aggravated it but it seems to have gone the other way and the last few days i need to goto the loo even if i want to pass wind just incase..sorry tmi i know but i have never had it like that! just trying to figure whats causing it, its usually if i have too much dairy like cheese and cream or too much bread, ive not had much bread the last week, only thing i can think it is is the thai green curry i had saturday night :S

malpal, the asda near me had a tommee tippe bottle warmer, cant remember if on offer tho as i didnt really pay attention to it lol not sure if thats any help for you!

what are those bumbo seats like? what do you actually use it for? a friend of of OH has one for his LO but he doesnt know what they use it for lol

well i'm looking at a cot from ikea for £69. of course you still have to buy the mattress. but it's lovely i think. not incredibly posh, it's simple, but it has two different heights and the wood is nice and matches the rest of my house. we really don't have the cash to buy some of the amazing ones i've seen, and this is the lovliest cheaper one i've seen. so i'm after that :D also got bedroom stuff from ikea and it's all so lovely. if ours is a boy instead of a girl (she said she was 80% sure... not quite sure enough for me, ha...) i'm having the stuff in my room. it's that nice!!

Thank for that Jolou! Will have to pop in now just to make sure!!!!!
The bumbos are fantastic, i am a huge fan and would have been lost without it. I think because i started to wean Lexie at just over 4 months it was used alot as i was able to feed her in it as it made her sit up right. She loved going in it, i started to use it just after she had grown out out her swing bouncer chair thing, so it was nice to have something to put her in.

P2150007a.jpg
I bought the tray section as well but didn't use that straight away, but it's great for finger foods.
I'm sure she'd still be in it if she could!!!!!
x

are the ikea ones fairly sturdy? its such a drive to go have a look at them! i looovvvve ikea...especially the cafe and their daim cake.... oh damn it i wanna goooo lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->