May due dates lets labor watch :-)

I'm being induced on Tuesday due to GD she was estimated at 6lb at my 34 weeks scan.

I got rlt today a little late I know! But how much should I be drinking?

I got told around 5/6 cups a day hunni :) obviously doesn't fetch labor on but it helps...hope your bubs comes soon!! There seems to be loads going overdue this year!! :') xxxx

I don't want an induction either. I've heard too many horror stories and with my previous section I am too scared of increased risks of complications. I'm simply jealous of the ladies who know their babies are coming soon! I know a few people who have had sweeps but they didn't work. I never had one with DS.

This afternoon had some MASSIVE cramps. Felt like a boa constrictor was around my waist and I felt this downward pressure but I also had bit of a clear out in the bathroom. The cramps stopped shortly afterwards so think it was mostly to do with that. But they had me a little wound up at the time because they were so strong and involved the whole body. My BH tend to feel more like average period pains and stick to the front of my stomach and feel more surface than actual contractions. These went deep inside.

Ladies , 40 weeks is just an estimate. Some babes need longer to cook!!
My DD1 was born at 41 weeks and 6lb14oz.
She obviously wouldn't have been ready if I were to get induced earlier.
Doctors push inductions way too hard in my opinion. Just know that it's just their opinion , you know what is best and if you don't want an induction than say no! :)

I've been using EPO for about a week , just orally though.
Did loose my mucus plug an never did with DD1 until labor so I think it's a good sign that my body/cervix is getting ready

Couldn't agree more =)
DD2 was born at 41+6 weighing just 7lbs, happily fitting into newborn clothes for quite a few weeks too. Already told my midwife today that I don't want an induction, she said we'll discuss what to do at my next appointment (41+1) but is happy to go with whatever I want if we make it that far.

Do they not try and push induction at 42week's because it can increase the chance of stillbirth?

Starry night- we are close in due dates and I've been having those same contraction/clear outs the last few days. :thumbup:

Due dates are just guess dates at best. Unless you had medical intervention then they are pretty spot on. In every pregnancy I've had my due date has changed at least three times. With my first it was by weeks! When I went into labor they said he was only 37 weeks and not even 5 pounds and scared me with a lot of bull crap. I knew I was more around 39 weeks but nooo it was 37 they said. He was born at 7 pounds so over two pounds off. And had zero problems at birth. They said "well maybe your date was off" :dohh: with my second we moved in middle of my pregnancy and again due date changed just because it was a different doctor. There was never any reason to change it.

I do think babies should pick their birthdays and be left alone as our bodies know when it's time but I also think you're entitled to do whatever you want as long as it's an informed decision and not some scare tactic a doctor or midwife has pushed on you.

Had to get blood given to me today because if a major bleed i had last night now i have so much pain i cant even think straight.

For those who are getting regular checks on dilation don't get too upset if it's not showing much change my little boy arrived Monday night had about half a day of twinges before the contractions really began at around 5pm from then they were about 3mins apart and lasted around 40secs. Got to hospital around 8- 9pm with contractions constantly lasting longer than the break between them. Midwife happened to be a community one that normally does home births so didn't bother checking dilation until I got the urge to push. She checked me and at the point I wanted to push I was only five cm. had managed for that long on only gas and air and as I thought it was going to be a lot longer I asked for something stronger so I could rest. As soon as they god me onto the bed waters went bang and I went from five co almost full in a matter of mins was told not to push but despite my best effort I had no control. Evan arrived less than an hour after I was told I was only at five cm he did nearly bring my cervix with him as he wouldn't wait for the lip to move he is a bit of a monster at 9 pound 11.
Congrats!!!

Ladies , 40 weeks is just an estimate. Some babes need longer to cook!!
My DD1 was born at 41 weeks and 6lb14oz.
She obviously wouldn't have been ready if I were to get induced earlier.
Doctors push inductions way too hard in my opinion. Just know that it's just their opinion , you know what is best and if you don't want an induction than say no! :)

I've been using EPO for about a week , just orally though.
Did loose my mucus plug an never did with DD1 until labor so I think it's a good sign that my body/cervix is getting ready
My nephew was 5lb at 41 weeks so I totally agree with you there. He came in his own but can't imagine how small he would have been if they induced at like 37 weeks! :-/
My hospital will allow 10 days over then induction is offered but you can decline.

Starry night- we are close in due dates and I've been having those same contraction/clear outs the last few days. :thumbup:

Due dates are just guess dates at best. Unless you had medical intervention then they are pretty spot on. In every pregnancy I've had my due date has changed at least three times. With my first it was by weeks! When I went into labor they said he was only 37 weeks and not even 5 pounds and scared me with a lot of bull crap. I knew I was more around 39 weeks but nooo it was 37 they said. He was born at 7 pounds so over two pounds off. And had zero problems at birth. They said "well maybe your date was off" :dohh: with my second we moved in middle of my pregnancy and again due date changed just because it was a different doctor. There was never any reason to change it.

I do think babies should pick their birthdays and be left alone as our bodies know when it's time but I also think you're entitled to do whatever you want as long as it's an informed decision and not some scare tactic a doctor or midwife has pushed on you.

I hope my LO decides she is ready to come a bit early. My hips are killing me. The fiery, ripping feeling I get in my groin every time I have to get up to the bathroom is getting old fast. :dohh: Been cramping all evening. Not as painful as this afternoon but sitting isn't helping. With my son I think I had one bout of false labour but now I've had 3 or 4 with this one. And each bout lasts at least 2 days. Follows the pattern of having several days of early labour with my son. And I know the false labour is fake each time but it is frustrating and such a tease.

Congrats to everyone who has had their baby! Haven't had a proper catch up on here just yet, but look forward to hearing all about your news!

Here's the link to my full birth story ...photo included!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...y-quick-labour-but-hes-here.html#post32598663

Hi all, introducing baby boy Robinson (no name yet) 7lb 14oz born at 21:14 on 09/05/14 after a 1 hr labour with a whopping 19 minutes of pushing!

He's doing well and bfeeding like a champ, plus his blood sugar levels are stable so we hope to be home today. Good luck to everyone on here xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 4
Hi all, introducing baby boy Robinson (no name yet) 7lb 14oz born at 21:14 on 09/05/14 after a 1 hr labour with a whopping 19 minutes of pushing!

He's doing well and bfeeding like a champ, plus his blood sugar levels are stable so we hope to be home today. Good luck to everyone on here xx

Congratulations darling :hugs:
1 hour!! I'm excited to hear your birth story!

Congrats krobbo! Wow! I thought my 3.5 hr labour was quick!

We welcomed Hunter into the world on May 6th :) It was a long, hard labor, but so worth it. It was 23 hours from the time my water broke to the time I had him. 16 to 17 hours of active labor. I went for the epidural :) I tore and (didn't notice during) hemorrhaged a lot. They were expecting this because of how long my labor was. They stopped it and I was up, walking around, and peeing 2 hours after. I'm sore and I'm tired, but this baby makes me so happy. Trying breastfeeding and it's going okay. It's definitely something you have to work at and I'm willing to give it all I've got.

I never thought I would love someone so much as I love him. Labor is intense and the hardest thing I've ever done. An amazing experience!

Hope all you ladies are well and I hope to see some more little ones soon :)

Wow at all these babies! Congrats ladies! Im so jealous haha I just sit here looking at my bump like "Oh come on! GET OUT OF ME!"

Starry- I also have the dreaded hip burn! Nearly impossible to get comfortable longer than a few minutes at a time.

Congrats to all the babies arriving!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->