May due dates lets labor watch :-)

Well ive just got back from hospital. They tested and said its not my waters. Its the start of my show! Cervix is forward but hard and not dilated. Not the answer i hoped for but could of been worse.

Ive been reading about evening primrose oil caps...... anyone else taken these ever?

Congratulations proud!! He is a sweetie :) sorry you're in so much pain. How are the sweeps making you ladies feel after? I'm not sure I ever want one again! ! I know my doctor's trying to get things moving but I literally had contractions 2 minutes apart until this morning. Did not progress in dilation and throughly exhausted. :(

Had my sweep by consultant.
Favourable cervix, slightly posterior though.
She managed a good sweep she said.
Came home had a wee and had lots of browny snotty discharge :thumbup:
Few aches but nothing major I don't think.

Baby isn't measuring on the "clinical scale" anymore so just need to keep an eye on movements in the next few days.
Induction 19th if nothing by then. But have another sweep 14th x

Had my sweep at 8.30am and it was a bit more uncomfortable this time she really went to town in there.

Feeling very achy since, inner thighs, pelvis and lower abdomen are just a constant bruised feeling, moving is not a lot of fun!!

I'm refusing sweeps until labour has started, and possibly after that still as well. Did with my first and second too. I'm very much of the believe that if your body is ready it doesn't need the sweep, sweep will only try to force it when it isn't ready and lead to things like unproductive contractions.

That said, both my labours I've had 2 and a half days of contractions before hitting active labour. Contractions would be anywhere from every 3 minutes to one or two an hour. Usually around 1 every 8 to 10 minutes, doing not all that much for dilation. Both times it's taken me 2 and a half days of contractions to get to 4cm. With my first I was then put on a drip to speed things up, with my 2nd I was left to rest and went from 4cm to having given birth in 2 hours time.

Aaaaanyways! Had my midwife appointment today. Little lady is no longer back to back, yay! She's engaged, but only a little bit (I can feel her bob in and out of my pelvis). Midwife seems to think I won't go into labour within the week, so looks like I'll be going over nicely again like I did with DD2

Had my sweep at 8.30am and it was a bit more uncomfortable this time she really went to town in there.

Feeling very achy since, inner thighs, pelvis and lower abdomen are just a constant bruised feeling, moving is not a lot of fun!!

same here, mainly bruised, period type pains.
Made me waddle like a penguin!

Morning all. I write you all from the comfort of my home today!

I had my 38 week check up yesterday and had my first cervix check. My feet have been extremely swollen and I've been having some braxton hicks so I let my doc know about that. my blood pressure was elevated and they found a little protein in my urine. I got my cervix check and I am dilated 2 cm almost a 3 and 50-60% effaced and very very soft! OMG! I am so excited that I am making progress.

Just to be safe I was sent to labor and delivery triage to be monitored. My blood pressure was staying high and I was told that if it doesn't lower I will be induced. HOLY CRAP! I was not ready for all this! But, after and hour it lowered and I was sent home. I must say I was a little bummed out. i got very excited to see my little man. My hubby even showed up with our overnight bags, and cameras, everything. We are so ready for this. I am staying home from work today, which was my last day of work before I started my maternity leave on Monday. I am going back to triage at labor and delivery on Saturday morning for another monitoring session. I have no idea what will happen but I really would love to have Noah this weekend! But, if he's not ready to come out just yet I am OK with that too. I am just so happy that something is happening and it feels like I won't be pregnant forever LOL.

For those who are getting regular checks on dilation don't get too upset if it's not showing much change my little boy arrived Monday night had about half a day of twinges before the contractions really began at around 5pm from then they were about 3mins apart and lasted around 40secs. Got to hospital around 8- 9pm with contractions constantly lasting longer than the break between them. Midwife happened to be a community one that normally does home births so didn't bother checking dilation until I got the urge to push. She checked me and at the point I wanted to push I was only five cm. had managed for that long on only gas and air and as I thought it was going to be a lot longer I asked for something stronger so I could rest. As soon as they god me onto the bed waters went bang and I went from five co almost full in a matter of mins was told not to push but despite my best effort I had no control. Evan arrived less than an hour after I was told I was only at five cm he did nearly bring my cervix with him as he wouldn't wait for the lip to move he is a bit of a monster at 9 pound 11.

I'm refusing sweeps until labour has started, and possibly after that still as well. Did with my first and second too. I'm very much of the believe that if your body is ready it doesn't need the sweep, sweep will only try to force it when it isn't ready and lead to things like unproductive contractions.

That said, both my labours I've had 2 and a half days of contractions before hitting active labour. Contractions would be anywhere from every 3 minutes to one or two an hour. Usually around 1 every 8 to 10 minutes, doing not all that much for dilation. Both times it's taken me 2 and a half days of contractions to get to 4cm. With my first I was then put on a drip to speed things up, with my 2nd I was left to rest and went from 4cm to having given birth in 2 hours time.

Aaaaanyways! Had my midwife appointment today. Little lady is no longer back to back, yay! She's engaged, but only a little bit (I can feel her bob in and out of my pelvis). Midwife seems to think I won't go into labour within the week, so looks like I'll be going over nicely again like I did with DD2

Sounds like my labour with my son. I didn't go into active labour until the 4th day. My hospital is 1 1/2 hours away and by time I arrived I was 5cm. After that it went relatively quickly for a first baby. I had my waters broken at 7cm to speed things up as he was in distress. Still needed the section in the end but I was able to fully dilate on my own. Kind of expecting a similar pattern this time.

I'm glad your baby has turned.

squizzle - congrats on your new baby!

TeeinAZ - good luck with everything. Hope you and baby stay safe and healthy whatever happens.

Thanks ladies for all your personal experience. I feel a little like you Teein I was really excited to be in triage making progress and bummed that my body was contracting like crazy and not furthering dilation. I truly understand your position as well Erised. My doctor has recently been warning me that I won't be able to get passed 39 weeks and yesterday gave me the whole this should be delivery day speech but my baby and body are just not ready!!! I know that's ok but I feel so much pressure to be a good mother\ Labour and get this baby into the world before I hit some "danger" zone. Previously having a stillborn it's playing with my mind a bit. :\ I just want to go at the right time whenever that is and not have a looming medical induction in the back of my head. Sorry for ranting just need to vent.

Noodles- I took them in my last pregnancy. I think they helped? Im not sure but couldnt have hurt! I took them orally then one night after dtd I inserted one vaginally and he was born the next day :) Only reason Im not taking them right now is I need her to stay in for another week till my husband joins us at our new home. once he arrives Ill start them up.

Seems a lot are getting induced or sweeps on here. I personally have never been offered a sweep or know of anyone who has. So I dont think they do that a lot here in America? Maybe they do Im just unaware. Im skipping it though as all together it sounds pretty uncomfrotable! Im just letting baby bake and when shes ready she will come. Though next Saturday would be great as hubs will be here and the pains will be over! Im ready to have my body back!

I went to a birthing type class last night and one thing I found helpful was knowing the difference between early labor and active labor. Im planning a home birth so I dont have to worry about going to the hospital too early but we think of the word labor as GO TIME and sometimes early labor can go on for days or even weeks and theres nothing wrong with that. For the last few days Ive had timeable contractions for an hour or two a day but that doesnt mean baby or my body is ready. Just means its getting that way. No need to call in the midwife or go to the hospital when its not 'active labor'. Kind of calmed my anxiety with thinking "is this it or..."

I've being using EPO for a few weeks and it's definitely made a difference to my cervix as it's low enough for me to be able to feel and very soft.

Sounds like a really obvious thing to say but I think I was a little over enthusiastic about getting my EPO in position last night and made myself bleed lots :dohh: :blush: so just be careful!

I got rlt today a little late I know! But how much should I be drinking?

I have been crampy all day couple of them were uncomfortable enough to stop what I was doing. Also had some weirf snot like stretchy discharge about the size of a 50p

the cramps are not regular whatsoever im 37 weeks today
And this is my third baby youd think id have more of a clue whats going on lol

any insight into if this is just normal 37 week activity

I have been crampy all day couple of them were uncomfortable enough to stop what I was doing. Also had some weirf snot like stretchy discharge about the size of a 50p

the cramps are not regular whatsoever im 37 weeks today
And this is my third baby youd think id have more of a clue whats going on lol

any insight into if this is just normal 37 week activity

The way you are is almost exactly the same as me :haha:

Sounds very similar to me at that stage. Discharge changed quite a bit from there onwards :thumbup:
Hopefully heading in the right direction xxx

I feel like im being dramatic because I want labour so much...... im imagining the discomfort

Ladies , 40 weeks is just an estimate. Some babes need longer to cook!!
My DD1 was born at 41 weeks and 6lb14oz.
She obviously wouldn't have been ready if I were to get induced earlier.
Doctors push inductions way too hard in my opinion. Just know that it's just their opinion , you know what is best and if you don't want an induction than say no! :)

I've been using EPO for about a week , just orally though.
Did loose my mucus plug an never did with DD1 until labor so I think it's a good sign that my body/cervix is getting ready

I was Induced at 37 weeks with my second dd due to obstetric choleostasies and she weighed 8lb haha chunka

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->