May due dates lets labor watch :-)

Do they not try and push induction at 42week's because it can increase the chance of stillbirth?

Yes, and no. The risk of the placenta failing, causing stillbirth, increases towards the end of pregnancy. Not so much the 'magic 42 week cut off' though. As most babies are born between 38 and 42 weeks, that's what they have decided is 'term' and any time after that comes with increased risks. That said, induction comes with risks too and often a lot of medical interference. If you go over 42 weeks they will scan you at least once a week to check if your placenta is still functioning as it should, and you'll get 2 or 3 ECGs on the baby to make sure he / she is showing no signs of stress. Basically you get put on the treatment that Proud has been getting, as her placenta was showing signs of deterioration already even though she wasn't even term yet.

Had to get blood given to me today because if a major bleed i had last night now i have so much pain i cant even think straight.

Aww hon, sounds like you're not having a good time at all. Hope your little man is still keeping your mood up and you still feel able to bond fully with him.

Hi all, introducing baby boy Robinson (no name yet) 7lb 14oz born at 21:14 on 09/05/14 after a 1 hr labour with a whopping 19 minutes of pushing!

He's doing well and bfeeding like a champ, plus his blood sugar levels are stable so we hope to be home today. Good luck to everyone on here xx

Good luck picking a name, and a massive congrats on your baby boy. That's one quick labour, bet that came as a surprise. Fingers crossed your little man is home soon =)

We welcomed Hunter into the world on May 6th :) It was a long, hard labor, but so worth it. It was 23 hours from the time my water broke to the time I had him. 16 to 17 hours of active labor. I went for the epidural :) I tore and (didn't notice during) hemorrhaged a lot. They were expecting this because of how long my labor was. They stopped it and I was up, walking around, and peeing 2 hours after. I'm sore and I'm tired, but this baby makes me so happy. Trying breastfeeding and it's going okay. It's definitely something you have to work at and I'm willing to give it all I've got.

I never thought I would love someone so much as I love him. Labor is intense and the hardest thing I've ever done. An amazing experience!

Hope all you ladies are well and I hope to see some more little ones soon :)

Congrats on your little man!! Hope you recover quickly from the labour

Congratulations krobbo and flower!!! Enjoy your beautiful family, can't wait to hear your birth stories. ♡

I spent all last night with the most horrendous period like cramps tried to sleep through them but simply couldnt, they seem to have stopped today or at least calmed down a little. Actually thought last night this is it baby is on the way but no tricked me once again

Woah.... I just went nesting mad

my house is spotless lol crampy loosing more tiny bits of plug no blood in it tho

I bet ill be like this for weeks yet :(

noodles - when is your due date? I think I'm going to be the cramping, loosing plug for weeks sort of girl too. So irritating. My mom is so baffled because she said whenever she lost her plug she went into labour the same day.

I haven't gone nesty yet though. Though with my son, just before going into labour I didn't get the nesting urge. I simply became very hyper and silly. I guess I had a small bout of nesting the week before. I remember cleaning and setting up the guest room at 1am so it would be nice and pretty for when my mom came to stay with us. lol

Ive got 20 days till my due date. Got an app with the consultant on Tuesday ive had lack of movement fir a week or so. I think they will prob discuss giving me a sweep etc

More plug lost, less brown and more blood stained!
I'm so excited!!

Ive got 20 days till my due date. Got an app with the consultant on Tuesday ive had lack of movement fir a week or so. I think they will prob discuss giving me a sweep etc

I hope so! I'm sure they'll induce you as soon as they feel comfortable too xx

Ive been losing bits of plug for a few weeks now, but today theres been a total change in discharge, its white and creamy instead of mucusy. Lots of cramps and tightenings today too but nothing regular... I wish baby would either come or stop with the false starts!

Just waiting for DF to get home so I can pounce on him while Im all crampy and see if I can kick start something a bit more intense ;)

Ive had little teeny bits of plug its stretchy like snot but got no blood in it..... maybe coznits just pointless little bits and grows back lol

I just keep randomly shouting GOD SAKE JUST GO INTO LABOUR! !! at myself of course lol my oh said youve only got 3 weeks if not less....... I did a stern face at him because thats long!!! At 20 weeks 3 weeks seemed like nothing but now...... its like equivalent to a year haha

Aw, noodles, I think we're due the same day.

I keep saying 'baby will come out whenever they're ready' only for me to swiftly say 'hurry up and come out' at my belly!

It's the thought that is could be three weeks or less or at worse it could be 5 weeks that gets me.

Well I told mt midwife and the docs up the hospital. .... I point blank refuse to go over due date just because of the size of my other two babies at 37 weeks

it would distress me and therefore the babies if they leave me and they end up huge I do t want c section or forceps unless its life or death

sometimea you just have to be firm with them or they ignore you and know your body better than you apparently? !?!

Argh. More plug!!!
Feel more uncomfortable too!!
I'll try to keep you all updated (maybe on my journal!) but I'd be surprised if nothing happens tonight xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->