• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

I agree with wannabe. My tie oldest were FF and never slept long at all! My 19 month old still wakes at least once a night :nope: it's more the child than anything. Anything can effect a babies sleep. If you haven't already just start a routine and stick to it. Scarlett is EBF and she takes one 3 hour nap then a bunch of small ones. At night she usually goes 3-4 hours, then 2 hours, then two hours.

I don't burp Scarlett if she falls asleep nursing. If she doesn't then I'll burp her. Sometimes sitting them in your lap letting them kind of hunched over and patting back would get a burp every time out of my boys.

No help with modeling though I do think my kids are adorable :winkwink:

J seems to be constantly looking to eat. I get MAYBE 30 minutes on between feeds after 2 pm. She eats every 2 hours from 8 am to 2 pm, and then constantly until 10 pm, where she suddenly switches to every 3 until 8 am...and it just goes on. She's been so miserable, I just dont know what to think. I can't put her down long enough to properly care for my toddler. He gets no cuddle time, because if I put her down, she starts crying hysterically. I tried cuddling with both, but he loves her too much and is constantly trying to sit or lay on her and I just can't make him understand.... sigh. I feel like a horrible parent to both kids right now, because it seems like no matter what I do, I have a crying child. Hubby is working nights so Im on my own from 4 pm until 6 am.

J seems to be constantly looking to eat. I get MAYBE 30 minutes on between feeds after 2 pm. She eats every 2 hours from 8 am to 2 pm, and then constantly until 10 pm, where she suddenly switches to every 3 until 8 am...and it just goes on. She's been so miserable, I just dont know what to think. I can't put her down long enough to properly care for my toddler. He gets no cuddle time, because if I put her down, she starts crying hysterically. I tried cuddling with both, but he loves her too much and is constantly trying to sit or lay on her and I just can't make him understand.... sigh. I feel like a horrible parent to both kids right now, because it seems like no matter what I do, I have a crying child. Hubby is working nights so Im on my own from 4 pm until 6 am.

DITTO right now. She's been on the boob constantly all afternoon and night. Makes me feel like she's not getting enough now bc she cries when not latched. Hard to comfort and only a few min naps here and there. Will prob have DH try a pumped bottle before bed. Hoping I actually get some sleep tonight!!!
Good luck bumpin!

I agree with wannabe. My tie oldest were FF and never slept long at all! My 19 month old still wakes at least once a night :nope: it's more the child than anything. Anything can effect a babies sleep. If you haven't already just start a routine and stick to it. Scarlett is EBF and she takes one 3 hour nap then a bunch of small ones. At night she usually goes 3-4 hours, then 2 hours, then two hours.

I don't burp Scarlett if she falls asleep nursing. If she doesn't then I'll burp her. Sometimes sitting them in your lap letting them kind of hunched over and patting back would get a burp every time out of my boys.

No help with modeling though I do think my kids are adorable :winkwink:

i agree its definatley down to individual baby, we have been lucky to be blessed with 2 good sleepers but i can definatley say its not down to if there hungry,DD could have a bedtime bottle of say 6oz pretty much bring it all back up, refuse anymore milk and could sleep for 13 hours how i dont know yet you can get babies who will down an 8oz bottle but wake multiple times a night, thats why i dont necessarily agree with putting them on solids early "to help them sttn"

So has anyone had any baby giggles yet?? Weve been close a couple of times this week but not quite, cant wait to hear him giggle, baby giggles are just too cute :baby:

https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/growth-spurts/

https://kellymom.com/parenting/parenting-faq/fussy-evening/

Here is some insight to what may be going on. There's lots more info on there but Scarlett just fell back asleep so I'm going back to bed :) but that site is extremely helpful. I know the feeling though. I remember the constant crying from my first two who were FF and she does it most nights before bed and she's EBF so I know it's not hunger just normal infant behavior. I've noticed after a few days of constant nursing she sleeps for days! So a break should be coming for you ladies.

Just kidding she woke back up :dohh:

I know how the neglectful part feels for sure since I have two toddlers. And my toddlers I swear have figured out that when I'm nursing I can't get up so that's when they start destroying the house! My second has been sick so he's extra mommy needy and my oldest is a huge mommas boy so he's always mommy needy. I'm either "neglecting" one of them or her. I feel bad some days just seeing her sit in her rocker where with my first I hardly ever put him down as a baby. It's hard being a mom to one or more especially when they are so young

Well Lexi was a little bugger last night. She slept midnight - 2.30am then woke up and would not go back to sleep till 5am.

There's only so much smiling, cooing and playing a mum can do at that time of the day. She knew she was being naughty and thought it was a game . Age would start to go to sleep then wake herself up do a huge great big smile and look right at me.

On the positive, look at the lovely little sailor dress I got yesterday.

https://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h365/k8eyxx/873AFE1C-2F9D-41C6-92A3-0D4351D8FD48.jpg

wannabe - adorable dress! I've always loved the nautical theme (my favourite dress as a little girl was my sailor dress) and I love it in red. So nice! :)

When my DD was still fussing day in and out I started to leave her to cry it out a bit. It sounds mean but my son is still in diapers and it was getting to the point he would be in soggy, messy diapers for hours because DD wouldn't stop crying when I put her down. Now when she's fussing I make sure she's fed, clean and not in any real harm and then I let her have at it. I have another child to clean, feed, watch out for (he's into EVERYTHING) and he does get desperately lonely at times. Then there is my own sanity to keep in mind. When babies cry just to cry you can leave them be for small amounts of time. I am learning when her cries are serious and when she's just being fussy.

I'm still having to distract DS with silly amounts of TV though. It's going to be tough to break him from that habit once DD settles into a better routine in a month or two. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the CARS and Toy Story movies. :wacko:

sorry to hear you's are not getting much sleep :(!
wannabe! that little dress is adorable :)

Lyle had an infected belly button :(! it still hadn't closed up after 6 weeks and was raw looking, so I took him to the doctors and got cream, hopefully it clears up soon!
he's 7 weeks was 11lb 7oz last Wednesday and is still only taking 4oz, occasionally 5 before be. he's sleeping 7-8 hours at night which is good!

I know how the neglectful part feels for sure since I have two toddlers. And my toddlers I swear have figured out that when I'm nursing I can't get up so that's when they start destroying the house! My second has been sick so he's extra mommy needy and my oldest is a huge mommas boy so he's always mommy needy. I'm either "neglecting" one of them or her. I feel bad some days just seeing her sit in her rocker where with my first I hardly ever put him down as a baby. It's hard being a mom to one or more especially when they are so young

Do you have a woven wrap? There are ways to breastfeed hand free with it, maybe it could help. Never tried it myself (yet) but the lady on wrapyourbaby.com makes it look so easy.

wannabe - adorable dress! I've always loved the nautical theme (my favourite dress as a little girl was my sailor dress) and I love it in red. So nice! :)

When my DD was still fussing day in and out I started to leave her to cry it out a bit. It sounds mean but my son is still in diapers and it was getting to the point he would be in soggy, messy diapers for hours because DD wouldn't stop crying when I put her down. Now when she's fussing I make sure she's fed, clean and not in any real harm and then I let her have at it. I have another child to clean, feed, watch out for (he's into EVERYTHING) and he does get desperately lonely at times. Then there is my own sanity to keep in mind. When babies cry just to cry you can leave them be for small amounts of time. I am learning when her cries are serious and when she's just being fussy.

I'm still having to distract DS with silly amounts of TV though. It's going to be tough to break him from that habit once DD settles into a better routine in a month or two. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the CARS and Toy Story movies. :wacko:

Weve had tv on alot too! Could be worse it could be Frozen on non stop repeat! at this rate i think little mans 1st words will be do you wanna build a snowman!!! :haha:

G is the same. Every time I sit down to nurse her, he figures it means he's suddenly allowed to get into the pantry, or worse, the closet with all the cleaning chemicals... Testing every boundary is a regular thing these days. I feel like such a shit mom these days, especially in the evenings when hubby is at work, it seems that there is ALWAYS someone crying, and it seems to be my toddler most of the time. Last night I melted down, both kids were crying so I sat down and cried with them!

The TV has been on more in the past 2 months than the past 2 years! Until J was born, I never turned it on. Im not a TV watcher, so unless hubby was home, it stayed off. Now its pretty much always on. He only stops to watch for a few minutes, but its still on...

Hunkering down tonight, looks like Hurricane Arthur will be hitting us tomorrow. Whether he will still be a hurricane when he gets to us or just a tropical storm is yet to be determined, but preparing for a big storm regardless!

Oh, and Miss J weighed 9 lbs 14 oz today. S was 8.14 2.5 weeks ago so she IS getting enough milk :)

Rosie - FROZEN is another staple in our house! I bought the movie for myself but DS has really latched onto Elsa (he likes that she has super powers) and he asks for it just as much as CARS and Toy Story. He also loves Wall-E and he has recently discovered PLANES though that one isn't as much a favourite. I get sick of seeing the same movies over and over but my tolerance for kiddie shows is low and I'm nervous to introduce the other Disney movies yet (maybe a bit too scary?) so we're kind of stuck.

We are TV watchers in our house so that is something that will be tough to control in the future, I think. We don't have cable or satellite so that sort of controls it but we have Netflix and enjoy our DVDs. Most of the time I do control how much TV DS watches but when I'm ill I tend to rely on it. Early in my pregnancy we watched a lot of TV and we weaned him off of it then so I'm hoping to do it again once DD is more settled and I'm back on my feet. He's still good at imaginative play so I'm thinking no serious harm has been done.

bumpin - I'm glad you got confirmation that your DD is getting the milk she needs! Sometimes it just takes a little while for our LOs to settle into a routine. Hope yours does soon. And I hope Hurricane Arthur doesn't hit too hard. Stay safe!

Hi girls!
Haven't been in here in a while.
Boston will be 6 weeks on Monday and at last weigh in he was 11 pound!
In the last week we've switched from breast feeding to formula. He was throwing up BM so much, thinking some sort of intolerance and it was just getting ridiculous. He holds down formula much better and is a much happier baby :)
Hope everyone else's bubs are doing well..

Hey girls :)

I hope everyone's doing super :) we also have a fussy evening with breastfeeding.. So thank you for the link :)

7 weeks old today! :shock: and defo in 3-6 months now :(

I hate putting baby's clothes away. :( DD has most definitely outgrown her newborns now. Tried putting my favourite of her outfits on yesterday and it was way too snug. :(

Misscalais - I'm glad you found a way to keep Boston happy. Hopefully he outgrows whatever seems to be bothering his tummy.

Hope all the US girls had a good 4th! We didn't go to any shows as DS just got his shots and didn't want to put him around hundreds of people but our neighbors had fireworks so we watched outside for a little while. DD loved it and DS slept through the entire thing, lol.

I don't remember if I updated or not but DH found a job after being let go! It's a good job too and we'll be able to move out after his 90 day probationary period!

DS STTN last night! He usually goes down at 9-10pm, wakes up around 5-6am to eat and then up around 8-9am but this morning he woke up at 5am and I picked him up and he fell right back asleep and didn't get up until 8am! I kept waking up waiting for him to get up though, lol!

we have changed ella over to hungry milk! she was eating 5oz every 2 hours! she also would never settle so we switched brands too. so she is on cow and gate hhungry milk
and i hardlyy fussy now :D she is nnow eating 5oz every 4 hours which is better. she also weighs 9lb now and still in newborn cllothes :haha:

we have changed ella over to hungry milk! she was eating 5oz every 2 hours! she also would never settle so we switched brands too. so she is on cow and gate hhungry milk
and i hardlyy fussy now :D she is nnow eating 5oz every 4 hours which is better. she also weighs 9lb now and still in newborn cllothes :haha:

What brand were you using previously? We were thinking if switching from aptamil but worried it will go badly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->