• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

Rosie, I'm sorry to hear your little one has an allergy! why do dr's not listen to us? like you said a mother's instinct is always almost right! I hope your LO is feeding better soon.

Lilly, I'm sorry to hear Layla has blood in her stool :(

AFM, Lyle's belly button is still not cleared, its getting better but VERY slowly, he has his jags next Wednesday and if it hasn't cleared by then I'll ask the doctor for something else, I've been told to use salt to dry it up & I've got eye ointment to help it. but it's infected surely they need to give me something to clear up the infection?

Hi ladies not been on for a while...hope all of you lovely mummies and gorgeous babies are doing swimmingJust read about lyle nic...sorry to hear he's got an infection in his bellybutton! They should prescribe something to help really...hope it clears soon!
Afm...Taylor had his 8week injections today! Heart wrenching scream and a look of utter betrayal! I nearly cried!!! Felt so bad for putting him through it but I know it's for the best...They prescribed me some calpol for him to help and he's slept most of today my poor little man! Can't believe he's 2month old tomorrow already!
We went on our first mini holiday at the beginning of this month to butlins we loved it! we even went swimming :)!
Just thought I'd share a few photos of my little prince <3

Attachments

• Collage 2014-07-16 22_42_30.jpg
    Collage 2014-07-16 22_42_30.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 7
Taylor is adorable! Hopefully he isn't suffering too many side effects from the shots. Our DS was able to sleep it off. Maybe Taylor will too.

nic - I'm not sure but I don't think young babies can have anti-biotics unless absolutely necessary. Whenever my DS got sick the first 6 months or so there wasn't really anything besides Tylenol that we could give him. The most we did was liquid steroids when a lung infection got really bad so it could reopen his airways.

I hope Lyle's belly button heals soon!

Rosie - sorry your LO has an allergy. At least you now know what the issue is and can find a way to work around it. Hope her tummy is able to settle now.

afm - the :witch: arrived today. Wasn't quite expecting her yet as I've barely had 2 weeks since my post partum bleeding ended. How did everyone find their first AF? With my son my first 4 periods were ATROCIOUS. All I could do was lie on the couch and watch TV the first 3 days because the flow was so heavy I thought I would faint from blood loss. But then my p.p. bleeding was nearly as bad. This time my p.p. bleeding was a lot less so I'm not sure. My first AFs after my last two miscarriages were terrible too. My AFs are normally heavy so I can handle a lot of flow but it's the gushes and clots that wear me down. :wacko:

The timing is annoying. We finally DTD for the first time just last night and now we have to put it all on hold again. :dohh: But at least now I know why I felt so crazy PMSy this past week. It really aggravated my post partum depression when I thought I had had it under control.

He's hardly shown any side effects really...it's not phased him at all but that's probably because I keep topped up with calpol every 6hours like dr said...he gets a little grumpy around the 6hour mark but has calpol and cheers right up! He's been the same in day as always...quite alert :) and in the night he seems to have got back into his routine of last bottle between 6.30 and 10.30 then sleeping for 7 and a half hours minimum :)!! As for AF...I started mine and had 6wk checkup the day after so they gave me the injection (begins with d) and it pretty much stopped the day after...so I'm hoping this means I'll be one of the lucky ones that don't have them while on the injection contraception...xxxx

AF hasn't shown up yet and I got the implant yesterday so going that means I'll be AF free :D

No AF here yet neither. But I breastfeed on demand so it's probably not coming back for a while.

I had AF 8 weeks PP due to my BCP. It was definitely heavier than my periods before whilst on the pill pre-pregnancy but maybe because it was my first one in a year. Can't say I missed the witch, lol.

No number 3 for us... Yet. :shock:
We, especially DH, were set on two but DH shocked me the other day by saying he's desperate for one more when DS is about 2. He was so, so set on just two it was a bit of a surprise! I told him I didn't mind, I was always open to the idea but also happy with just two. I definitely wouldn't want anymore just for safety reasons c-section wise. It's totally adorable to see him so broody though! :lol:

I got my first pp Af at 6 weeks pp, even though I feed on demand. BUT. I haven't seen her since ( now 11 weeks pp) she was a doozzy...

3 month growth spurt hitting us HARD. my toddler had a 45 minute meltdown ( in public) yesterday, which I'm sure is related to the lack of attention he's been getting because of how much miss J is after me.

so far #3 is not being planned, nor is it being ruled out :) we agreed not to decide yes/ no until miss J is is 2

Katie, pictures are adorable! glad you had a nice holiday :). lyle has his jags on Wednesday and I'm dreading it :(

starry, thank you very much! his belly button is finally almost cleared to I hope that's it all sorted now :).

Hannah, number 3! quite right :haha:!

Shannon, that's adorable DH is broody!

AFM, pp bleeding stopped after a week and a half and I got my period when Lyle was a month old :shock:! it was soooo heavy, worse than my bleeding after having him. I'm back on the pill now & got prescribed tablets to help the bleeding if its bad next time :). we DTD 3 weeks after having him, which I was TERRIFIED about! but all was fine :)

Hope all you ladies are doing well :)

No period here yet! Our clinic is so booked up my 6 week pp visit Is the 31st! You know three weeks after I turned 6 weeks :dohh: and they can't put the IUD in that day I have to come back! Condoms for us as there is no way on the planet were having #4 :haha: 3 is our magic number :)

Scarlett has her first shots on Monday :( poor girl her thighs are so tiny oh says the needle will penetrate her bone!

Still soley bfing :haha: some days are better than others. She is so gassy from gulping air during letdown :( breaks my heart.

She can now hold her head steady during tummy time and rolls from belly to back! :dance:

Found out we are more than likely moving to Korea December/January. That flight should be interesting :dohh:

My af came a few days ago and is really painful but Im glad because it means I can get my coil fitted next week :) we'd not been using any contraception and were just hoping to not get caught again lol it wouldve been fine if we had caught again but Im glad that didnt happen! Not ready for number 3 just yet! Maybe in a year or so ;)

Well, now I'm not sure it was AF after all. I normally get a bit of spotting as "warning" and then it hits HARD. But now the bleeding has stopped. It's been 24 hours of nothing since the first bit. Now I'm wondering if was breakthrough bleeding or if it was simply from DTD for the first time again. It didn't hurt but I did have some tears and I haven't DTD since I was about 20 weeks pregnant...it's been awhile!

Now I'm nervous. I was so happy to get out of pads so I'm not anxious to be wearing them again unless I have to (on my heavy days I need both a tampon and a pad....yeah, it sucks). So I'm risking it. Will have pads and tampons on hand when I go out but won't be wearing them until the bleeding returns.

If I did change my mind about a third child I would demand an elective section. I got a VBAC with DD so I'm not worried about too many sections but both my labours so far were horrifying and put my babies into distress. My cervix never dropped with either. I can dilate on my own but my body can't progress in other ways. It's so horrible and emergency interventions (section first time, forceps second) are so stressful that I think a planned section would be easier on both me and baby. I had a horrible recovery with my VBAC so it's not like a section would make any difference, IMO.

Saying all that, we're definitely preventing right now with condoms and if we don't change out minds about a third by the time DD is a year, DH will be getting the snippity-snip. Right now I'd be horrified if I got pregnant again. I love, love the baby stage (even with PPD). But TTC, pregnancy and labour all have horrible, horrible memories for me. Not going back there willingly.

Starry, I had that random painless bleeding a week or so after pp bleeding had stopped. I have no idea what had caused it (I haven't dtd yet so it can't be that) but it must not be that uncommon I guess.

We want a second baby but I definitely don't want to get pregnant before Arthur is old enough to understand what's going on.

Maybe it is AF. We DTD again this morning and then I started to bleed again which at first scared me. It was dark, dark red and thick so if it was from sex then there was something semi-serious going on but I'm cramping again and it just feels like AF. The flow is slowly picking up. So pull out the Advil and the comfy pants. Not looking forward to this...I'm just glad I still have some leftover tampons and pads as not able to get into the city until tomorrow.

With my first I don't have my first period until 19 months post partum lol
(My DD1 still breastfed a lot at that time).
Now I'm breastfeeding her & Layla so I doubt AF will come soon lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->