• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

I just saw a bump thread for May 2015 babies. Oh my goodness, the babies who will be a full year younger than our babies are already being conceived. Talk about time flying.

i just said to Dh tonight this time last year our little munchkin was in the process of been concieved in an IVF lab!!!! :haha:

Had him weighed yesterday and hes 13lb4oz at 15 weeks hes dropped a bit on his centile but im not surprised since he hates the nutramigen milk and is taking around 10-12oz less per day :( HV even tried to argue with me saying the symptoms he had were lacotse intolerane and the milk hes on is th wrong milk as it has lactose in, she soon ate her words when i googled it and proved her wrong :haha: also found out he has a prosterior tongue tie too so waiting on a referral for that now x

I was saying to DH the other day how amazing it is that a year ago we were on holiday having given up TTC thinking we were never gonna have kids and about to conceive our little miracle.

This time last year most of us were pregnant :shock:! How scary, we've all come such a long way!

This time a year ago, my dh and I were on vacation, trying to forget our two m/c's and taking a break from TTC. We conceived our DD on the next cycle. :) Got my bfp in the middle of the September.

Feeling a little frustrated. I thought we finally had a routine worked out and now DD is completely rejecting her afternoon nap. She is still sTTN (for now) so the mornings are OK but from mid afternoon to bed time she is once again a fussy, squally baby. Just as I was getting my smiley baby and felt the anxiety lift a bit, she's crying again. It's so hard to cope.

This time a year ago, my dh and I were on vacation, trying to forget our two m/c's and taking a break from TTC. We conceived our DD on the next cycle. :) Got my bfp in the middle of the September.

Feeling a little frustrated. I thought we finally had a routine worked out and now DD is completely rejecting her afternoon nap. She is still sTTN (for now) so the mornings are OK but from mid afternoon to bed time she is once again a fussy, squally baby. Just as I was getting my smiley baby and felt the anxiety lift a bit, she's crying again. It's so hard to cope.

My LO decided 20 minute naps were all she needed today , then she fought sleep at bedtime too. Finally asleep but keeps making little whinging noises and shaking her head like she's trying to wake up. We'll see how well tonight goes.

I think they're just too little still to have a 100% set routine, plus they're little humans, I have nights I sleep badly for no reason, days where I just feel too tired and other days where I feel energised like I could keep going forever. I have to expect that she'll have those days too :D

This time last year OH and I were on holiday and I clearly remember us on a canoe, talking about baby names and WTT :haha: little did I know that I was already pregnant! It's crazy, all the things that changed since then!

me whining a lot

My LO decided 20 minute naps were all she needed today , then she fought sleep at bedtime too. Finally asleep but keeps making little whinging noises and shaking her head like she's trying to wake up. We'll see how well tonight goes.

I think they're just too little still to have a 100% set routine, plus they're little humans, I have nights I sleep badly for no reason, days where I just feel too tired and other days where I feel energised like I could keep going forever. I have to expect that she'll have those days too :D

Oh definitely. I have to remind myself of that. I think the general rule of thumb is it takes babies about 3 months to really be able to form a routine of any kind. That was definitely true with my son so I know I'm doing well with having as much routine as I already do. I just find the endless crying difficult to deal with. It really sets me on edge. DD just really wanted to be held a lot the past two days but it's so hot that we just sweat on each other and make each other more miserable. :dohh:

On a brighter note: my DS peed on the potty twice today. :happydance:

We were also talking about that. LO was conceived next week 1 year ago! Crazy!!! Now the love of my life.. how a year has changed, right ladies!
Think about 1 year ago and today.. what is your favorite part about life with the LO in it?

This may sound silly but I love hearing from absolutely everyone about how much she looks like me. With DS it was always up for debate and I still can't tell who he looks more like. I always say he has my DH's facial features but contorts them into my facial expressions. But DD is definitely MY baby. She's only been here for about 2 1/2 months but I can't believe there used to be a life without her.

starry, I can't believe we used to have a life without Lyle either, its crazy!

Soo Lyle is at the first stage of teething, poor thing, last night before he settled for bed was hell, he screamed and screamed, I gave him nurofen and calpogel stuff for teething which seemed to help but he kept calming down then starting again :(

Soo Lyle is at the first stage of teething, poor thing, last night before he settled for bed was hell, he screamed and screamed, I gave him nurofen and calpogel stuff for teething which seemed to help but he kept calming down then starting again :(

I think we're getting close Lexi is drooling incessantly and can't get enough of chewing anything and everything. We found that her mouth is still a bit small for most of the teething rings so she can't get a good chew on them, went searching at the weekend and found these: https://www.tesco.com/direct/tommee...2-pink/710-4079.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=710-4079

She loves them!!!

I think we're getting close Lexi is drooling incessantly and can't get enough of chewing anything and everything. We found that her mouth is still a bit small for most of the teething rings so she can't get a good chew on them, went searching at the weekend and found these: https://www.tesco.com/direct/tommee...2-pink/710-4079.prd?pageLevel=&skuId=710-4079

She loves them!!!

I seen these in asda a few weeks ago! & they seem to get good reviews! defiantly be picking some of these up next time we are there! thanks :)

Teething already?? Aw, that is so....grown-up! *sniffs* My son didn't start teething until 9 months so I'm curious to see what will happen this time. The first time with him was very quick and rough but after that it was usually a blip that lasted a day or two. DD seems a bit more...finicky...so crossing my fingers I'll be able to cope. lol

I hope your LOs feel better soon. Must be hard for them as they don't understand what is happening to them.

its awful :| its been 3 days of constant crying. he's fine when he goes down for the night but feeding is a battle & he wants moved constantly!

Aww poor Lyle!

I hope teething will wait for us, I don't think I could cope right now. We're having plumbing issues and the landlord AND the plumber are really taking their time, as if it wasn't a big deal. So I'm losing sleep over this, watching out for signs of flooding (the neighbours are inconsiderate and using their kitchen sink even though it's causing problems). And now it looks like I've got a mastitis! Of course, Arthur is more fussy than usual for some reason...
So if teething started now, I think I'd be crying along!

Fleur I hope things get sorted with your plumbing soon!
Sorry about your neighbour to that sucks :(
Hoping Arthur doesn't start teething anytime soon!

Lyle had his second lot of jags today and he was fine!
Now weighs 14lb 6oz at 14 week's!

Lyle had his second lot of jags today and he was fine!
Now weighs 14lb 6oz at 14 week's!

Lexi had hers a couple of weeks ago and no reaction either except for a massive scream and a "mummy why are you so mean" look.

Get her weighed next week but she is officially too big for her Moses basket, puts her leg out over the edge and kicks the side :D

I'm not ready for her to move out of our room so have put the travel cot up with bassinet feature and we're gonna try that for the first time tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->