• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

Thanks nic

I'm having a hard time today. Arthur won't settle unless OH picks him up, which is inconvenient since he was gone for the day and just came home. And today when I had finally calmed him down and he was drifting off to sleep? Landlord came unannounced just to drop off a couple of tiles for the bathroom. So I was back to square one! Fortunately my landlord understood he better go and not try to do small talk, for once.

On the brightside, we went to the doctor's yesterday and she is finally satisfied with Arthur's weight! He's 10lbs6oz, and just grew out of newborn clothes!

We are at a horrible fussy time for like 2 weeks now. Last night was Crib at 1030.. fuss, up, nurse, sleep 45 min and repeat.. ALL night until 4. Slept till 6 and up since! Fussy days and minimal naps. What's going on!? She's killing me!�fussy days nurses ever During the day she nurses every 2-3 hours. Growth spurt??
Fleur, I think we are right in line w you for weight! Still in nb diapers

Fussy here too, past couple days she's been crying a lot, so unlike her :(
She keeps on drooling and sucking/biting/gumming on her fist.. Teething??
Her big sis didn't cut her first tooth until after she turned 1 lol

She's 12 weeks in 4 days and 13lb 12oz so will be 14 lbs in a few days.
She's been in size 2 diapers for a while now.

Oh, I just saw that 14 weeks is a Wonder Week! Might explain what we're going through?

Lilly - my boy has been doing that for weeks now and no signs of teethinf yet. I think they love to chew their hands just because, well, it's fun. The drooling is just the effect of that chewing.
But I could be wrong, your LO could be teething already :)

Yes it's not just chewing on her fist, it's shoving her fist in her mouth chewing on it and making grunting noises while she does it.
As soon as she stops she has been crying today

I can't believe Noah is 3 months already! :o 14lbs 14oz! Little chunk lol

I had 3 bad days with Lyle thinking it was possibly teething which I still think it is due to what he is doing but I think the '14week' thing had started to, he's been ok now since yesterday!
Some of these babies are still so tiny! Lyle is 14weeks 14lb 6oz and in size 3 nappies!

I keep looking at my lil Lexi Lou and wondering where my squishy baby went.

I don't know her weight now but she was 14lb at 11 weeks so must be around 15lb now, in size 3 nappies and 3-6 month clothes.

The time is passing too quickly!

wannabe, its scary how quickly they outgrow the teeny tiny baby isn't it :(

Well maybe it wasn't teething but the start of a growth spurt!
She has woke up for boob so many times throughout the night, which she never does.
And actually stayed on the boob and ate a ton at a time , gulping like she was starving.
She will be 12 weeks on Sunday, so id say she is having the 3 month growth spurt.

Dont discount teething ladies! Gracies bottom fangs came through at 9 weeks! Shes 14 weeks now and her back teeth feel like theyre about to come through too! So its always a possibility :) xxx

Hi ladies, been a while since I've been on here. Been a busy bee and can't believe all out little ones are around 3 months now. I had a little girl called Charlotte 1 May, a few days early. She is on nutramagin also Rosie and is so good on it. Just started a bedtime routine with her a few weeks ago. Bath at 9 followed by bottle is working well...so far.

It's so awesome to think our giggly 3 month old were the size of a little dot this time last year!

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying being a mum. Xx

Aw glad the routine is going well for you! I'm waiting until he's sleeping through to try and set a proper routine!
I know!! I was just saying this earlier...this time last year my little man would have been 1week and 2days cooked!!
Taylor had his second jabs yesterday...been a little sleepier, a lot hungrier and tonight he keeps waking up giving a small cry every hour for his dummy! Gonna be a long one! Xxxx

Awe dear I hate the jabs. Lottie has her next set on Tuesday :-(. It really does take it out of them. Hope you get some rest tonight and he doesn't feel too sore after his jabs. Xx

Awe dear I hate the jabs. Lottie has her next set on Tuesday :-(. It really does take it out of them. Hope you get some rest tonight and he doesn't feel too sore after his jabs. Xx

I hate the look I get from him like "why mum?" :') I cannot wait for his 3rd ones to come and go then that's it until he's 1!! Think I'm going to have to eat before I can sleep haha! Been so busy keeping him entertained and everything today I've literally only eaten 2 jaffa cakes! Xxxc

Lyle had his jags on Wednesday and last night was hell. He screamed for 2 hours with no consoling him, have him medicine the lot tried everything! He eventually fell asleep about 10 which was a blessing!
His usual routine is bath at 6-7ish bottle and bed for about 8 where he sleeps through till a feed at 7 and back to bed till 10-11am, he's a lazy one!

Lexi figured out how to roll back to front this morning, she looked do surprised when she realised she was the wrong way up :D

Layla is 12 weeks today!
She's intolerant to soy and milk and beef , we are still breastfeeding though :)
Just adjusting my diet and she's doing awesome!
She weighs 14 lbs 2 oz today (we have an infant scale , I've been weighing her since birth).

Ohh that's handy! Sounds like she's growing beautifully lilly! And great to hear you're still bf especially being as though you have to adjust your diet :)!!
Wannabe...Taylor has only done this once and the look of shock on their face is brilliant!
Nic...I wish Taylor would sleep through :') we had the odd night or 2 where he slept 9 to 9 and a half hours the other week but that's when he was ill...no luck with a routine yet :(

Afm...Taylor had just recovered from gastroenteritis, then had his jabs, and just as he's started to get over them...we've hit wonder week...not to mention im certain he's started teething! I don't remember what sleep is!! Im running on empty :( 6oz of hungry baby milk every hour today and 2-3hourly last night...this is actually killing me I feel so drained :( usually his dad would come up for a few hours to see him after work but he's been on lates all week except today and has a big interview tomorrow so he can't pop up after work today either...so no rest at all for me...not even for a bath...as soon as I put Taylor down he cries...im still in my pyjamas I refuse to get ready and my house is a bombsite!! how long does this growth spurt usually last? No amount of milk seems to be filling him :/ he's 14+2 now and I've not attempted baby porridge since last time even though he was fine with it...I'm really considering giving it another go tonight if he carries on like this...he's had more milk in the last 9hours than he usually has in 24hours :/
Sorry for the rant I'm having a down day and feeling very sorry for myself...xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->