• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

Hi ladies, been a while since I've been on here. Been a busy bee and can't believe all out little ones are around 3 months now. I had a little girl called Charlotte 1 May, a few days early. She is on nutramagin also Rosie and is so good on it. Just started a bedtime routine with her a few weeks ago. Bath at 9 followed by bottle is working well...so far.

It's so awesome to think our giggly 3 month old were the size of a little dot this time last year!

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying being a mum. Xx

Must be a may the 1st thing Oliver was born the same day! we were back at the drs last monday and was presribed ranitadine and we now have our milk drinking baby back! he was drinking 6oz bottles then it got to the point it would take an hour and half of screaming battling fighting to get 3-4oz in him in the last 3 days hes been draining 6oz bottles and actually started getting excited when he see it made me so happy!!!

funnily today was the day i officially found out i was pregnant!

Hi ladies, been a while since I've been on here. Been a busy bee and can't believe all out little ones are around 3 months now. I had a little girl called Charlotte 1 May, a few days early. She is on nutramagin also Rosie and is so good on it. Just started a bedtime routine with her a few weeks ago. Bath at 9 followed by bottle is working well...so far.

It's so awesome to think our giggly 3 month old were the size of a little dot this time last year!

Hope you all are doing well and enjoying being a mum. Xx

Ohh that's handy! Sounds like she's growing beautifully lilly! And great to hear you're still bf especially being as though you have to adjust your diet :)!!
Wannabe...Taylor has only done this once and the look of shock on their face is brilliant!
Nic...I wish Taylor would sleep through :') we had the odd night or 2 where he slept 9 to 9 and a half hours the other week but that's when he was ill...no luck with a routine yet :(

Afm...Taylor had just recovered from gastroenteritis, then had his jabs, and just as he's started to get over them...we've hit wonder week...not to mention im certain he's started teething! I don't remember what sleep is!! Im running on empty :( 6oz of hungry baby milk every hour today and 2-3hourly last night...this is actually killing me I feel so drained :( usually his dad would come up for a few hours to see him after work but he's been on lates all week except today and has a big interview tomorrow so he can't pop up after work today either...so no rest at all for me...not even for a bath...as soon as I put Taylor down he cries...im still in my pyjamas I refuse to get ready and my house is a bombsite!! how long does this growth spurt usually last? No amount of milk seems to be filling him :/ he's 14+2 now and I've not attempted baby porridge since last time even though he was fine with it...I'm really considering giving it another go tonight if he carries on like this...he's had more milk in the last 9hours than he usually has in 24hours :/
Sorry for the rant I'm having a down day and feeling very sorry for myself...xxxxx

oh bless you, but wow how muh milk lol i know i said before but dont beat yourself up for giving him a bit of porridge if it helps it helps, do you think he could have reflux (silent reflux) some babies when they have it drink and drink and drink as it can sooth the burning in there throat with O we got the opposite he just screamed and screamed! also if he has had gastroenteritis he may of developed a temp lactose intolerance its quite common, when my daughter was 12months she had rotavirus and ended up temp lactose free, it may be worth looking into it could be something as simple as that x

I have the hv coming out beginning of next week so will ask her about it then thankyou :) im unsure though...he's had another 2 bottles since that post but on the second bottle I gave in to porridge...he ate it, loved it and hasn't cried in hunger since...he had it at around 5.30, stayed awake but happy and content and went to sleep at 8 after his bath at 7.30 and is still sleeping now...I think I just have a very greedy little man at the minute :') ah well looks like weaning is starting early as he's been getting hungrier throughout the week but today has been the worst...only 3week off the guidelines I guess :') the dr thought it was reflux when he was ill...but she didn't check him properly and I ended up in hospital that night with him so I don't think I'm trusting that Dr's judgement again...I'll have to see what the hv says...when he had his jabs I spoke to the nurse about it as she's lovely and she told me to go by my instinct if I think he's ready as she knows what his feeding is like...it's a new hv that is coming out next week so hopefully (fx) she's as nice as the nurse xxxx

Sorry everyone is having a hard time.

Ella has bad reflux i think, crying non stop today but she has days when shhes not as bad... andd ohh my the puke o_O she throws up quarter a bittle per feed ish :nope:

Dr tokd me to feed her less apparently im overfeeding her.. which obviously didn't work she is now feeding every 3 hours tops on hungry milk. So im going to see the hv about it :/

We're doing well over here for the most part in that my children are happy and healthy. DD still has a flat head. We're seeing the doctor next week and I'm dreading it. DS had a flat head too and ended up needing a helmet. If the doctor made me feel ignorant last time, who knows what he'll say this time. I'm faithfully doing all the exercises and I think I see an improvement already but still all knotted up inside and can't sleep. It's really fuelling my PPD to a whole new level. For the first time in my life I'm considering taking meds for it (always struggled with depression but it was manageable).

DD takes 6oz every 2 1/2 hours now and sleeps about 11 hours at night. Sometimes she naps in the afternoon. Sometimes. ha ha I'm thinking the STTN is contributing to her flat head.

I'm now starting to wean Lyle, his milk just is not enough for him.
Sorry to hear about everyones hard time :(

I know how you feel sweetie! The past 3nights now I've given Taylor baby porridge and I've seen a little difference...he's not sleeping through but then again he never has as of yet...but he's gone back to his normal night routine on it :) if they're ready they're ready :)! The only problem I have now is he stares with his mouth going while I eat :')! good luck to you sweetie Xxxx

I know how you feel sweetie! The past 3nights now I've given Taylor baby porridge and I've seen a little difference...he's not sleeping through but then again he never has as of yet...but he's gone back to his normal night routine on it :) if they're ready they're ready :)! The only problem I have now is he stares with his mouth going while I eat :')! good luck to you sweetie Xxxx

he love it so much! I'm sure if he wasn't ready he wouldn't be taking it :), plus he needs its & I'm not going to let him go hungry!
Lyle sleeps all the way through and has done for a while, but with missing out a feed or 2 during the night he needs a little extra during the day & he refuses to take anymore than 5oz, yet will take food :). Thank you lovely, good luck to you to:), looking forward to hearing how you get on :) xx

He only went 4hours between thr porridge bottle and next feed last night! Then 2hours after that and since...just gave him some more porridge with his bottle now as he only went 1 and a half hour...such a greedy boy!!! His face lights up as soon as he tastes it! And in a way I can't wait to start him on jars! I just can't wait to see his face with those tastes!! Exactly... if they weren't ready they wouldn't take it :') every baby is different :) xxxx

He only went 4hours between thr porridge bottle and next feed last night! Then 2hours after that and since...just gave him some more porridge with his bottle now as he only went 1 and a half hour...such a greedy boy!!! His face lights up as soon as he tastes it! And in a way I can't wait to start him on jars! I just can't wait to see his face with those tastes!! Exactly... if they weren't ready they wouldn't take it :') every baby is different :) xxxx

gosh he is a hungry boy :haha:! exactly, I'm sick of the hv saying no way before 17 weeks, I'm not going to let him go hungry! plus he's only 2 weeks off it! xxxx

Haha I don't listen to the hv they don't know him like I do :') he's so greedy! We're just over 2weeks off :) xxxx

thinking of giving baby porrige soon here, i have a girl who open her mouth watching e when i eat :dohh:

Bryson's 4 months old today, can't believe how quickly time has gone!

Zoey, try baby rice if Ella has reflux, its supposed to help :)

Shannon, happy 4 months Bryson! time has flew :)

We went to the HV today and Lexi is 14lb 14oz at 15 weeks, she's hitting all the development milestones they look for and HV was really happy with her which is great.

We got the weaning talk which was really funny cos she obviously agreed with my plan to BLW but couldn't say so cos it doesn't fit the official guidelines so she kept saying "according to the health authority guidelines that I need to follow...." :D

Weaning talk? Why so early? They recommend no solids not even cereal before 6 months old because babies gut and digestive system is far too immature to process everything correctly. This can cause major problems down the road. Cereal is nothing but empty calories, no nutritional benefit. I'm surprised that any health professional is suggesting weaning an infant! Especially under 6 months, even 4 months! Babies mock a lot at this age that's why they open mouths watching us eat. Food before one is just for fun, all nutrition and calories is to come from formula or breast milk.

Scarlett will be getting zero food for quite awhile. I always food it to be a hassle more than anything when they are babies. A whole jar of baby food has like 10 calories and most won't even eat a whole jar so that's like the a sip of milk lol

Three months old today! Last weighed in at 15.5 pounds! She's doing great, babbles, holds head up properly, can roll and can grab toys. She rarely ever cries and all around a great baby! Still wakes at night but sttn at this age is for the lucky ones ;) but it's okay I just feel her kick me and I roll over, boob in mouth and we are back to sleep within seconds.

Weaning talk? Why so early? They recommend no solids not even cereal before 6 months old because babies gut and digestive system is far too immature to process everything correctly. This can cause major problems down the road. Cereal is nothing but empty calories, no nutritional benefit. I'm surprised that any health professional is suggesting weaning an infant! Especially under 6 months, even 4 months! Babies mock a lot at this age that's why they open mouths watching us eat. Food before one is just for fun, all nutrition and calories is to come from formula or breast milk.

Scarlett will be getting zero food for quite awhile. I always food it to be a hassle more than anything when they are babies. A whole jar of baby food has like 10 calories and most won't even eat a whole jar so that's like the a sip of milk lol

Three months old today! Last weighed in at 15.5 pounds! She's doing great, babbles, holds head up properly, can roll and can grab toys. She rarely ever cries and all around a great baby! Still wakes at night but sttn at this age is for the lucky ones ;) but it's okay I just feel her kick me and I roll over, boob in mouth and we are back to sleep within seconds.

This is the last HV visit till 1 year old so they give everyone the weaning talk and a handout stating what to give from6 months on.

They aren't encouraging early weaning and can't officially they just want to get the convo in at some point :D

We're doing ok with bottle feeding at the minute so will be sticking with that, we would consider weaning fro about 5 months if she was showing signs if being too hungry for just formula.

At the minute she's on 5oz every 2 hours during the day and seems content.

the official nhs guidline is around the age of 6 months but they say not before 17 weeks, however in certain cases medical professionals will recomend early weaning, unfortunatley some dont really have a choice when you have a child who has severe reflux and wont drink any more than 12-15oz a day and the majority of that is pretty much forced down then the only other option is to give them solids and add extra milk to it ive been there with DD and looks like we are going the same way with DS as much as I would love to hang on till around 6 months and do BLW i may not have that option.

the official nhs guidline is around the age of 6 months but they say not before 17 weeks, however in certain cases medical professionals will recomend early weaning, unfortunatley some dont really have a choice when you have a child who has severe reflux and wont drink any more than 12-15oz a day and the majority of that is pretty much forced down then the only other option is to give them solids and add extra milk to it ive been there with DD and looks like we are going the same way with DS as much as I would love to hang on till around 6 months and do BLW i may not have that option.

If baby isn't drinking milk then I absolutely agree with early weaning. We are really lucky in that she's always been a good eater and other than a little constipation in the early days she's had no belly problems.

Go with whatever is best for your baby as her mum you know best and you can always add in finger foods a bit later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->