• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

Rosie, is he still on nutramigen? Sorry to hear he still isn't drinking much. I agree with Wannabe Mommy, if there is nothing you can do to make him take more milk, then it's probably best to wean early.

I've been struggling so much since last week... there's no doubt now that Arthur has started teething AND it appears that he has mastered a new skill two days ago (using his opposite thumbs) so sleep has been messed up. The day before he napped ALL day then at night he would only sleep for 15min before waking up... did that until 5am and I was on my own as OH had decided to go out without telling me. But yay new skill I guess?
But the bright side is that now pretty much every time I'm nursing him he will unlatch just to look at my face for a while, then smile or laugh before latching back on. He also laughs WHILE nursing, it's adorable.

yeah hes still on nutramigen and they have just doubled his gaviscon and added ranitadine into the mix hes been getting better the last couple of days drinking more, but not much more, its just a mirror image of our daughter im trying to hold off until we see pediatrician again in september but I doubt he will hes 17 weeks now anyway and it never caused DD any issues other than a love of food lol!

fleur that sounds like a right night especially been on your own :/ teething here too but Ive bought him an amber anklet swore by them with DD and its definatley helped his dribbling!

This week weve been getting some proper belly giggles I just love it the best sound in the world :flower:

We are only starting to wean because he won't take anymore than 5oz and it's not enough :)

Fleur, I hear you on the teething! We're teething to, and at the back not the front! Strange child :haha:!

The last couple if days I've woken up to find Lexi in the opposite end of her cot facing a different direction and have wondered how.

Today while she was having a little bare bum time on the floor I got to see her method and it is just too funny.

She bends her knees, plants her feet on the floor lifts her bum and straightens her legs. She made it about 6 feet backwards across the living room in 5 mins while I laughed and asked where she was going :D

And aw wannabe! :') Taylor turns around on the floor now by wiggling and is almost rolling over grabbing at his feet trying to eat them :') also we've figured out he's just as ticklish as me and his daddy!! Such a belly laugh! Xxxx

Is it bad that in taking great joy in my hubby's exhaustion today?

For 15 weeks I've done every night feed while he's slept through. Finally convinced him to take a turn after pointing out I've been up no later that 5.30am since bubba was born.

He's been awake since 4am and is seriously flagging now. I think this may help him to understand why in always so tired :D

Ahh good glad to hear it's going well :) He's having food before bed and at dinnertime now with his bottles... only little bits at a time but he's eating it all including draining his bottles and still only going 3-4hours so he obviously needs it haha! I was at my sisters yesterday and she was feeding her 7m old rice pudding from a baby jar...he was watching with his mouth going...she gave him the smallest bit to see his reaction and honestly I've never seen him give such a big smile :') not starting jars yet though but I know he'll do well!!
Haha wannabe! Wish I could try that! I know his dad wouldn't cope though :') I'd be laughing at him :') xxxx

I've been ummmmimg and ahhhing whether to wean or not, but I've decided not to, atleast for another 6 weeks and reevaluate, Noah settles with boob and sleeps 10 hours a night, what's not broken shouldn't be fixed and all that :lol:

Hope all the bubas are doing good xx

Need a big of a whinge. OH is working 2 weeks of nights and this is his first time working night shifts.

Last week to help him out I drove him to work at 10.30pm and picked him up at 7am which meant carefully bundling LO into the car and hoping she wouldn't wake up.

I said it would only be a couple of days but he asked me to do if for the whole week, now he's asking me to do it again this week because he's worried about being too tired to ride his bike 10 mins home.

I pointed out that all last week I woke up at 4.30am with LO, she settled back to sleep about 6am so no time for me to go back to sleep, I was then awake all day cleaning and cooking while LO napped, took him to work at night and got home about 11pm, most night LO woke up at sone point in the journey so I gave her a bottle when we got home and settled her meaning a maximum of 4.5 hours sleep each night.

He gets home, has breakfast and is in bed by 8.30am waking up around 5pm so 9hours sleep!!

He just doesn't seem to get that im getting the short end of the stick???

Grrrrr he's now in a mardy because I've said im not taking him to work tonight.

wannabe, quite right! you need your rest to, surely 10mins on his bike he isn't going to fall asleep. let him be in a mood, but you need to get sleep to :thumbup:

wannabe that doesnt sound fair at all :/ 10mins on a bike :shrug:

I know DH doesnt work nights but he works 8-5 on his feet all day he walks to work which takes him 35mins and he runs home from work takes him around 20 mins, O has taken to getting up around 6.30-6.45 this last week but DH gets up with him changes him brings him in to me and goes and gets his bottle just so I get and extra 15-30mins kip even he says (after a week off) its a rest at work! especially with a 3year old in the mix too!

I guess weve officially started weaning the last few days his milk intake through the day is virtually non existent, but he absolutley is loving food hes just like his big sis was at this age with it! I guess im not surprised really with the fowl tasting milk he has to endure! been a bit of a nightmare finding baby cereal without milk in it though :/

Hope everyone is doing well! Haven't been on in a bit with a fussy little one. Have been reading about the 4 month regression phase and it's spot on. Super clingy and more fussy than usual. Went from 5-6 hr sleep patterns to up every 2 hours. With that being said, Molly had her first night sleep! Went down at 9pm and up at 6am, nursed and back until 945am! Stirred a few times at night but the binky put her right back out. Fingers crossed for more nights like this...

Wannabe, he's worried about being too tired for a bike ride, but he's fine with you being too tired for a car ride with your LO in the back? That definitely doesn't sound fair!

We had yet another pediatrician appointment today. This time though she was actually impressed and said we're doing better than expected weight wise! He's now in the 1st percentile, he was below the curb before.

He did ride his bike finally for yesterday's shift and as expected he was absolutely fine plus I got to go back to sleep after the 4,30am wake up so yay!

Thanks for your support ladies!

Now to head back to bed :D

Went and had LO weighed today and hes only put on 10oz in 3 weeks and dropped to almost bottom of the 9th centile, HV is concerned if he drops anymore he will be classed as failure to thrive although she was more than happy with how happy and content he is how well he sleeps and hitting milestones etc, so shes contacting my HV to see if she can get his milk switched to neocate this is meant to taste better but they dont like to prescribe as its so expensive, I told her id started weaning, shes also going to try and push a referral through to see a dietician this little man is certainly wanting to keep me on my toes, such a worry :(

Sorry to hear that Rosie, hopefully the weaning will help him to put on some weight. Could you try veg like avocado that's higher in calories to try to bulk up baby rice?

thats one of the things im getting when i go shopping, i dont use baby rice just fruit and veg and porridge, with DD once she hit 6 months we added full ffat to all meals so butter cream she eat full fat greek yog by the bucket load but I wont be able to do that with DS :/ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->