• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

also meant to ask how big are your LO's soft spots now x

thats one of the things im getting when i go shopping, i dont use baby rice just fruit and veg and porridge, with DD once she hit 6 months we added full ffat to all meals so butter cream she eat full fat greek yog by the bucket load but I wont be able to do that with DS :/ x

I know you can't give dairy pre-6 months but could you use a vegetable based oil like olive or canola to mash potato/avocado/sweet potato/swede??

ah never thought of that! thanks will look into i can pretty much imagine an appt to see dietician not been for month yet!

finally a hv belives me that something is up with ella

either reflux or milk intollerence, so we are trying anti reflux formula :(

growth spurt around 16 weeks?
Lyle has been sleeping tons & not having as much milk?

growth spurt around 16 weeks?
Lyle has been sleeping tons & not having as much milk?

There is a wonder leap that lasts from 14.5 - 19.5 weeks according to the wonder weeks app on my phone.

Lexi has been more moody of late, sleeping longer and seems to be learning lots of new things in a short space.

She's rolling, has been trying to commando crawl which is hilarious to watch, her grabbing is much better and she's making more sounds.

thanks wannabe, yeah lyle has been rolling for a few weeks now, taking his dummy out & trying to put it back in (not quite managing yet:haha: ). sound's like this wonder week :) thanks:)!

Does anyone else find milestones stressful? DD is just starting to show the beginnings of reaching but still isn't very good at it. I feel like she should be grabbing toys better by now. And she's not close to rolling yet. She's technically a June baby so I can't compare her to the early May babies but I stress.

DS has been behind on everything and now we're waiting to get him assessed for developmental delays. We've had to pretty much force him into everything. Every stage has been so much work and I'm starting to get the "wait, he's how old?" from people.

Does anyone else find milestones stressful? DD is just starting to show the beginnings of reaching but still isn't very good at it. I feel like she should be grabbing toys better by now. And she's not close to rolling yet. She's technically a June baby so I can't compare her to the early May babies but I stress.

DS has been behind on everything and now we're waiting to get him assessed for developmental delays. We've had to pretty much force him into everything. Every stage has been so much work and I'm starting to get the "wait, he's how old?" from people.

How many weeks is DD?

For those in the UK I just got an email that the sainsburys baby event starts 10th Sept.

what are you all getting your babies for Christmas?
I'm so so stuck.

Not much, I don't think. He'll only be 8 months so maybe just a few little baby toys. :flow:

ive got him the ballapalooza, personalised wooden toy box, books, bath toys, wooden baby walker, a rideon, my pal scout, pop up tent, wooden shape sorter, we still have bits from when DD was little so there isnt much we can buy him really! x

We'll just feta couple of little toys. The in laws but her something every week just because they saw it and couldn't resist so in sure they and other family/friends will go crazy.

We haven't talked about Christmas gifts yet, but I think we'll mostly get toys for when he's a bit older, as he probably won't care much about his presents this year. So wooden toys, music instruments (percussions) and maybe I'll ask my mother to make a rag doll with a super hero costume.

Oh good lord the squealing has to end! All day today if she's happy,sad,tired,wants the toy over there, wants to roll over, is hungry...... All of it has been communicated via squeal!

Any idea if this is a forever thing or just temporary?

Oh good lord the squealing has to end! All day today if she's happy,sad,tired,wants the toy over there, wants to roll over, is hungry...... All of it has been communicated via squeal!

Any idea if this is a forever thing or just temporary?

ha ha id like to say temporary but the shrieks I get from my darling 3year old when shes majorly excited would say not!!! to be fair O has been shreaking all day today think hes in competition with DD! x

As much as the squealing hurts my ears I try to keep in mind that it's a step as they learn language... makes me appreciate the sound much more!

Had the 4 months vaccinations today, and this round seems to affect Arthur much more than the first one :( this time he has a fever and he has been cluster feeding all afternoon. It's now 6pm and he's asleep but I know that if I unlatch him he'll wake up and start crying. Oh well, good thing that my OH doesn't expect me to cook dinner!

Heads up for the uk ladies, aldi are starting their baby event on 18th sept I picked up the leaflet today and they have some pretty good bargains. I've taken pics of the leaflet and stored them here -
https://s1106.photobucket.com/user/k8eyxx/library/aldi baby event

I might get DD a few toys for when she's a bit older. We have more than enough baby toys from DS. Baby toys are fairly gender neutral. I also hate having an over-abundance of toys and the grandparents spoil them rotten already. I'm not even sure what I want to get DS and now that he's 3 he's now old enough for almost anything as most toys are listed as 3+. Never mind that DH is a pack-rat and we have a bin full of his old action figures that we've given to DS. He hardly needs anything more. We also have both of our old LEGO collections to pass off once he is a bit older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->