• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

May Emeralds 2014 - Parenting

we follow the "something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read" ideas. basically a toy, a soft toothbrush, an outfit and a book. the more frivolous things we leave for the grandparents.

we follow the "something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read" ideas. basically a toy, a soft toothbrush, an outfit and a book. the more frivolous things we leave for the grandparents.

I want to keep presents small for all Xmas and birthdays. I think it's all got a little overblown and some gifts my friends kids get just seem a bit ridiculous to me. My friends 2yr old got an iPad last year, I'm 31 and don't have an iPad, a cheap tablet would have been plenty of extravagance in my opinion.

The last couple of days have been hellish, I've had a cold since last week and LO has it now so can't sleep because her nose is blocked no matter how much I clear it or how much snuffle babe we use. She's coughing and just seems so sad and tired. Poor bubba :(

Aw Wannabe, hope you and your LO get better soon!

4 month sleep is hard! I don't even recognise my son, he's always been a good sleeper and he's never cried so much :(

both my kids seem to hate sleep. we've started sleep training her, as the production of getting her to sleep is ridiculous and my toddler was missing out on much needed attention. I hate listening to her cry, but we really don't have a choice.

My DD has been a bit of the bear the past few days as well. Must be the stage our babies are at right now. So far she's just fussy during the day but I'm sure a sleep regression is coming at some point. Today she fought all of her daytime naps and that made things hard. I could see her trying to smile through her tears but she needed constant entertaining and attention which I obviously couldn't give her because I also have a toddler who also happens to be potty-training. Sometimes you just have to let the baby cry. When you have only one it seems cruel (and her cries still go straight to my heart) but reality gets in the way.

I sort of sleep-trained DD when she was only a few weeks old. I didn't try strict CIO but it was taking 2 hours every single time I tried to put her to sleep and I just could not cope with it. I don't even remember what I all did. That whole time period is a blur. LOL

Sorry to hear some of you are having problems with sleeping, I hope things are better soon!

Lyle is still sleeping well he'll fight it sometimes during the day buy nothing swinging him in his swing won't fix. We have changed to constipation milk now as he was having trouble going, it's helped a bit but we have the doctors tomorrow to see what our next step is if it's not going to work. Also his last set of jags for just now tomorrow to!

My little angel from a photo shoot the other week, got the photos today

https://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h365/k8eyxx/68D9548F-CFF1-4084-BFD6-8390CB288B3A.jpg

Aww such a lovely photo she's beautiful!

Sleep? What's that? Since we started this growth spurt at 14wk I haven't seen more than 2hours at a time :')!

Ahh Taylor has his final lot til he's 1 tomorrow aswell...not looking forward to these ones!

On a more positive note...at around 4pm this day last year I was sat in my Mums office at work on my break with a pregnancy test face down in front of me to frightened to look until my mum came in, took one look at it, laughed and then ran around the carehome telling all the residents and other staff the news! Xxxx

What an adorable photo! And I love the matching headband.

I am never telling people DD sttn ever again. Every time they ask and I have to truthfully say that she does, that VERY night she'll wake up and just make a mess of everything. Tonight I was out for the evening and several people asked if she was sttn the night yet. And of course I said she was, but even as I was telling them I was wishing I didn't have to because I knew she'd pull some crazy stunt. And sure enough, I came home late and about 1/2 hour later she was screaming. I changed her diaper and rocked her a bit and she went back to sleep but now I'm nervous for what kind of night I might be having. lol

Molly had her dr appt today at 4.5 months. Lol. 2.3% for height and 1.2% for weight. 11 lbs and 23 inches... She's a PEANUT! Luckily still didn't seem content as she's hitting all milestones. She's rolling all over the place, loves hearing herself, and sleeps 12 hours a night 9-9 with only 1 quick nurse at 6 am. It's amazing!

Aww, Molly's so tiny!

My own tiny baby is doing well too. He can roll over, but he doesn't like to. Actually, he hates being on his back unless it's for sleeping, and will only accept being on his tummy if I'm right there kissing his shoulders. What he does like to do is pulling himself up holding our hands. We're trying to help him learn to sit up unaided, but he's having none of it, he prefers to get on his little legs :haha:
He's not sttn but I don't care, I still adore those middle of the night cuddles. And he goes to bed happily, then when he wakes up he'll easily drift off to sleep again after nursing so I really can't complain.
Oh, and he's showing a lot of interest in food. We want to do BLW, and we'll start allowing him to grab pieces of vegetable if he wants next month. If he's ready to eat, he'll eat, if he just wants to explore, he'll explore :)

Aw, bless the tiny babies. I think the little tiny ones are so precious. My DS started out tiny but ballooned out so quickly that I didn't have long to enjoy it. DD was always a chunky monkey.

No rolling here yet. I feel a little worried but will ask her doctor at her four month appointment next week when it becomes a concern.

Ahhhh teeny babies are lovely. My LO is a gorgeous great big chunk I keep seeing her next to other babies the same age at groups and she looks huge.

Lexis cold is pretty much gone which is good, she's been rolling back to front for a few weeks but has now figured out front to back. Yay I don't need to roll her over every few mins when she gets frustrated!!!

We have started a deep cleanse and child proofing activity here cos she's started commando crawling and with the rolling is now pretty mobile so we need to de clutter.

My apartment is so far from being childproof! We'll have to move out soon, the more I think about it the less I'm convinced this is a safe place for Arthur to be crawling. The biggest concern is the bathroom, which has been "in repair" since August. And when I say "in repair", I mean "the floor and walls are open and the landlord keeps postponing when he's coming back to clean that mess".

Of course I had to say he was a great sleeper for us to have a not-so-nice night :haha: We're up at 7 when LO is usually sleeping until at least 9 :coffee:
At least I'll be able to go to breastfeeding group today! It's been a long time since I've seen another mother, and Arthur other babies.

Layla just had her 4 month appointment at 16 weeks and is 15lb12oz and 26 inches.
so in the 90 something %,

My 3 year old however is in the 0.2 % .

Her lil sis will outgrow her quick at this rate!

glad to hear all the babies are doing well!!!

We have had in a word a nightmare couple of weeks with O and his milk, the drs ended up changing him to a fully amino acid milk called neocate its basically coloured water with vitamins it stinks and he hated it even more than the nutramigen and his nappies went from bad to worse, and he was refusing even more milk than normal, I dont know why but I thought I would try him back on cow and gate to see what he was like(couldnt possibly get any worse) anyway he drank it a bit better and had no reaction whatsoever, after talking to the HV she agrees with me that he has had a massive reaction to the Rotavirus vaccine and its given him a temporary milk intolerance, and to continue weaning him because after she seen me try and givee him a bottle she thinks he now has an aversion to bottles and milk :(

we also had his follow up appt with the pediatrician on tuesday and according to there scales he has lost a little bit of weight from the week before but im putting down to differnt scales so as it stands at 21 weeks he is 14lb 4oz on the 9th centile and 66cm 50th centile, he was more than impressed with his development and says he is ahead in some things, he may also need to go for an XRay on is head which im pretty worried about especially if it turns out if something is wrong, he was happy with what and how much food he is eating, just a bit concerned with his lack of weight gain so wants another follow up in 4 months to see whats happening.

hes such a happy little monkey though absolutley loves to bounce in his jumperoo more than anything! hes rolling all over the place and starting to army crawl really not ready for him to grow so quickly!

I wish I still had a tiny baby!
Glad everyone is doing well

Rosie sorry to hear your having such a hard time with his milk :(! I hope everything goes ok with the x rays.

Loads of rolling here, starting to pull himself up to sit up and loves holding on to hands and stand up. Also another fan of his jumperoo! His milk is working wonders now to!

J slid from the 15th to 3 Rd percentile, and is pretty cranky. I've started domperidone, fenugreek, and blessed thistle to increase my milk supply. As long as she continues to gain enough to stay 3 Rd percentile my Dr is happy. She's also a peanut at 11 lbs 12oz. She's hitting her milestones, is almost sitting unaided, can roll onto her belly (but hates being there) and is very social. We've moved into a new hous, which is a nightmare unpacking with a baby and a toddler!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->