May Emeralds 2014! :)

I'm sure breast size doesn't affect milk supply. And they grow in pregnancy. I went from an A cup to a C cup and stayed there. I did have some supply issues though I think that had to do with my son's refusal to nurse and I couldn't pump (nothing would come out) so I think it just never came in properly.

I'm not sure size is always that big a deal. My mom was supposed to have a c-section with me because she was "too tiny" but she went into labour the day before the surgery and I came out. I think I did rip her to shreds but I came out.

bumpin - my OB in Ontario had a machine too and he gave me a print out. But he only did it at the first appointment for dating purposes. I also got print outs for my 12 week scan and they don't even offer those here. The downs screening is just done by blood work. HOWEVER, Manitoba provides everything you need in the hospital. I don't have to bring diapers or even formula (if you want to go that route) or pads. I packed my bag by Ontario standards and the nurses just laughed at me. I had the messiest room in the entire ward. lol

Happy New Year!
We went to a party in OH's family and I spent almost the whole time talking about pregnancy and babies with his cousins. It was nice, despite being told over and over again by one of them (who's 31w pregnant with her 3rd) that I wouldn't be able to breastfeed or have a natural birth because I'm "too small". Oh yeah? Watch me!

I wouldn't worry! My mom is Korean and is 4'11" and 80lbs and had 6 kids, her first at 15, all vaginally. She also breast fed all of us. Don't let anyone bring you down! :hugs:

I wish someone would drill it in to everyone and stop telling people that "your boobs Are too small" etc
Milk comes in after birth (usually) and if your baby wants more, your body will make more :) most of the time unless there is an underlying issue.

Under instruction to take it easy by the physio
Wear a maternity belt to support my back and hips as my muscles arent supporting them for me. Because of my underlying lower back issue and pregnancy.
Oh and sit myself on a gym ball when I can :thumbup:

Now to find a maternity belt!

pretty much what they said to me!

did they not provide a belt they ordered one in for me, im not aloud to wear it when sat only when up and about and the combination of the tubigrip and the belt does help x

Under instruction to take it easy by the physio
Wear a maternity belt to support my back and hips as my muscles arent supporting them for me. Because of my underlying lower back issue and pregnancy.
Oh and sit myself on a gym ball when I can :thumbup:

Now to find a maternity belt!

pretty much what they said to me!

did they not provide a belt they ordered one in for me, im not aloud to wear it when sat only when up and about and the combination of the tubigrip and the belt does help x

That's good you got one! I think the reason why you are only allowed to wear it standing is because they have to be adjusted for sitting and standing. I'm going to adjust mine for standing because that's when I have the most pain and then if I really really need to sit then I'll slack it off. (Will be hard to do in a customer facing job haha)
I have to buy my own so I hope I buy the right sort of one, she advised the one that doesn't cover bump as it'll cause undue pressure as she wants me to wear it quite tightly.

Time to start the exercising tonight :haha:

I have my 20 week scan tomorrow! Going to stay team yellow but if I see something I see it ;)
I'm back to work today. I hope the day goes quickly!

Me too! 8.30 am I will be at the hospital anxiously watching the screen hoping everything is OK.

We are hoping to find out gender though.

If your body grows the baby it can birth the baby! Now a doctor using the excuse "your too small" in order to just do a csection is a different story! So I'd do my research in case someone tells you that. "Too small pelvis for big baby" is a joke!

Also there's been research done that women with large breasts have more trouble than women with small breasts! So the idea that small breasts mean no milk and big breasts mean lots of milk is also a myth.

So I'd tell anyone to shove it who told me I'm too small to so something! Although me personally am not a small woman :haha:

Four days till anatomy scan!!! :dance:

scan again tomorrow, hope he cooperates a bit better than at 20week scan!

Stouffer - Hope everything goes well at your 20 week scan tomorrow :D

Wannabe Mommy - Hope everything goes well at your 20 week scan too :D

I have got big boobs and I found it difficult to Breastfeed Tyler, he did have a tongue tie though which didn't make it easy but I am going to try again this time. I think women with small boobs find it a lot easier to breast feed, just my opinion ;)

I have large boobs, and breastfeeding was a epic failure for me. G refused all attempts, and I was able to pump very little. Breast size has NOTHING to do ability.

My friend is someone that is too tiny to have a vaginal birth. Her daughter was an ecs after 2 days of Labour. Her daughter had a huge bruise from getting wedged into her pelvis. But most women's hips. Move to provide an opening wide enough for baby's head. Her hips didn't budge.

emalou90 - I have the 'serola' belt. I think it was £30 from Amazon. It goes under the bump and I find it does stabilise my pelvis pretty well.

Hi Ladies!!! Happy New Year to you all!

I was having all sorts of baby talk over the holidays, and just haven't been on since before Christmas. There is a lot going on in here! Like the girl boom, for example. I thought the boys had taken charge of this month, but it seems the girls took back control.

I'm still in shock I will be laying eyes on my sweet baby boy in just a few short months!!:happydance:

On a side note, my sister-in-law revealed she was preggo over the holidays. My husbands sister is due in Feb., I'm due in May, and his brother wife is due in July. His side of the family is already quite large, so I'm so excited about what this year is bringing!! 3 more kids to an already large crowd...haha. Grandma and Grandpa need to grow a few more arms before we all pop.:haha:

Well, had my scan today and everything looks great. But the technician wouldn't tell me the gender! I have to wait for my doctor to read the official report at my next appointment in 2 weeks. He did say he knew what it was. What a tease!

Personally, I would guess girl. My son was so obviously a boy. But we have to wait to see.

Starry Night, that's crazy! If he knew it, I don't understand why he wouldn't tell you! :shrug:

May 3rd with my rainbow baby, she wasn't planned but I had two dental xrays without a lead apron and I did not know I was carrying. I feel that my baby will be okay though and I hope I am right. I am 23 weeks pregnant this week. I can't wait to meet her already!!!

Starry Night, that's crazy! If he knew it, I don't understand why he wouldn't tell you! :shrug:

It's hospital policy. They're not allowed. But my OB will be able to tell me at my next appointment in 2 weeks. It will be a tough wait! I did get a clear view of the potty shot but it's so tough to tell. My DS was very obviously a boy and this one was not so clear so it makes me think girl but I really can't say.

Anyone else having stomach cramp/aches when needing BM?
Ergh it's horrible, can't wait for it to lay off with the pains.
Totally pregnancy related I'm sure as I'm usually a once/twice a week girl without pains and now it's almost everyday all of a sudden.
Sorry for tmi everyone!

Good luck wannabe mommy :) try not to be nervous!

For ladies in the UK, I was bumbling through the argos clearance/price cuts and for those who are breast (expressing or whatever) or bottle. Tommee tippee closer to nature bottles are going cheap. Pink, blue and regulars!
I used them with my daughter and I loved them.

Plus they have bouncers and swings for cheaper too. Grab stuff while it's going cheap, you can always sell it on if you find something else or don't like it when baby arrives.
Thought I'd share the discounts :)

Edit: just reserved and bought some bottles, the pink ones are advertised with a line of flowers but actually they are there newer design with ladybirds and flowers :) beautiful as usual.

All OK so far. Been sent to walk around cos can't check the kidneys or see between legs but everything so far is perfect and baby is healthy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->