May Emeralds 2014! :)

Thank goodness we aren't moving. We moved when I was early on in pregnancy and i hate moving.
Think I'd like to do the nursery but that means moving the double bed out and at the moment my oh is sleeping on it :haha:
I've ordered some decals but may order a futon for in there too, so we can have people stay over.

We're hoping to move (again) before baby is born or shortly after.

We're renting at the moment and just need to find the right house to buy. We have 2 bedrooms at the moment and plan for baby to sleep in our room for the first 6 months anyway so no rush.

I've got my Moses basket and going to order my pram today :)

Yay nice! So exciting :)
I've been looking online and second hand shops for a futon since all this nursery business has started hehe

haha We moved across the country when I was 7 months pregnant and since we hadn't sold our house yet we rented a one bedroom home for awhile before we moved again when DS was about 5 months old. I don't really recommend either though it is easier to move with a baby than without....though the second time we moved was across town and not a 2 hour flight away.

We actually might be moving again but I am determined to wait until this baby is a bit older. Switching OBs in third tri is stressful and you can't afford to be picky. I ended up with a resident doctor for DS because no one else was available. He was really nice and professional so it wasn't too bad. Also, our hospital doesn't have the doctors on call. OBs take set shifts in the delivery ward and whoever is on duty is the one to deliver your baby. When I went into labour my OB just so happened to be on duty but his shift ended about an hour before DS finally arrived so someone else performed my section. He did come to check in on me the next morning.

I am hoping that with a planned section I could at least have the OB I'm seeing this time.

So my MIL (not really my MIL, she's a step-mother and like 35 years old) decided to announce on facebook its a girl without my permission. I told her "thanks for announcing it, you know you have my family on your list too", and she had the nerve to say she did it on purpose to get me to confirm her suspicions. I am livid. I cried all night that night, couldn't eat. :cry:

Phantom, that's infuriating. :growlmad: I would be annoyed enough to completely remove her from facebook, but I don't know if that would ruin your relationship with her/other family members or not. I'm sorry she took that away from you. :( You could talk to your OH and figure out how to approach her about that, because she needs to know that it was not okay.

My mom posted my son's first picture on facebook without my permission, and it wasn't a good picture! My OH sent a picture out a few minutes after he was born to all of our family members and my son's feet had ink all over them, he had drops in his eyes, he was screaming and his face was all red and puffy. Ergh. I was pretty pissed off but I let it go.

I think family members get excited and have a difficult time controlling their excitement. I have to be more careful next time about what pictures I send out early on and who to, which sucks but it is what it is.

:hugs:

Phantom - that's awful! Sounds like something my mil would do if she had Facebook!
Big hugs :hugs: nobody should take away these moments xxx

Leids - Congratulations on team blue! :blue:

Phantom - I'm so sorry to hear that she did that, how evil and spiteful of her! :( :hugs:

I would be furious too!!!
A friend of my DH noticed at a party in October that I wasn't drinking and asked if we were expecting. We had only told very close friends and family at that point as it was just past the 12 week mark. This "friend" walked into the next room and very loudly asked how many other people were knew that I was pregnant and why did he have to be the last to find out everything (which he wasn't but going forward he will be!!). I was livid.

phantom - i am so sorry that is a disgusting thing for her to do! :grr:

22 week scan today, everything is fine she is prefect :cloud9:

Sorry Phantom :( that's a shitty thing to do. If I was suspicious I would just harass you to tell me not tell everyone hoping I was right! People :nope:

When we found out I was pregnant, a friend of OH broke the news at work (we worked together) without our permission. That was before it was clear without a doubt that we'd keep the baby too. If it hadn't been her day off when I found out, I would've snapped!

phantom, what a horrible person! I would honestly be telling her, that since she can't respect your privacy, or your right to announce your own news on your own time, she will be the last to know when baby arrives AND since she likes Facebook so much, she'll find out along with everyone else on Facebook...

NICE SURPRISE FOR MYSELF TODAY!!! I was digging in a drawer and found a spa gift certificate (from 3.5 YEARS AGO!) and called to check the balance.. $75!!! They also do preg massages and had an opening at 2pm today!! Yes please, see you in 2 hours. :happydance:

No nursery here either.
My DD still sleeps in bed with us, she does have a toddler bed in the room but she is the worse sleeper. Even when sleeping in bed with me :(
Wonder how ill deal with a newborn waking every 2 hours and a high needs toddler who still wakes a lot and needs me right there!

Already 21 weeks. Eek it's flying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->