May Emeralds 2014! :)

We're doing fancy dress tomorrow for sports relief, you have to come as a sports personality and obviously nothing sporty I own will fit now. Thinking of drawing a football on a white tshirt where my bump is and going as a football. What do you think? Too cheesy?

We're doing fancy dress tomorrow for sports relief, you have to come as a sports personality and obviously nothing sporty I own will fit now. Thinking of drawing a football on a white tshirt where my bump is and going as a football. What do you think? Too cheesy?

No that's amazing. Do it! Defiantly!

I don't really have a birth plan, I'm just going to go with the flow like I did with Tyler, I got told that if you write a birth plan, it's guaranteed to not go how you planned :haha:

Post a picture of your football bump t-shirts!

I don't really have a birth plan, I'm just going to go with the flow like I did with Tyler, I got told that if you write a birth plan, it's guaranteed to not go how you planned :haha:

I felt abut like this, but I also want to have written down my preferances ie, delayed cord clamping and breastfeeding. And all decisions to be fully explained x

Hi ladies - hasn't time flown!! I've not been around in a while but now my due date is nearing I find myself back here!

I had a consultant appointment yesterday and my blood pressure was a bit high at 140 over 104. I have suffered all pregnancy with severe headaches so consultant sent me to hospital to check on baby. All was fine - blood pressure came down. They did a scan and baby was measuring well...5lbs already!! EEeeek, is that normal or on the big side?! She was also breech - bum right down in my pelvis with head under my ribs. They are going to re scan in 2 weeks at 36 weeks and hopefully she will have turned. I didn't ask what would happen if she doesn't turn. Does any one know what my options are? xxx

Hi ladies - hasn't time flown!! I've not been around in a while but now my due date is nearing I find myself back here!

I had a consultant appointment yesterday and my blood pressure was a bit high at 140 over 104. I have suffered all pregnancy with severe headaches so consultant sent me to hospital to check on baby. All was fine - blood pressure came down. They did a scan and baby was measuring well...5lbs already!! EEeeek, is that normal or on the big side?! She was also breech - bum right down in my pelvis with head under my ribs. They are going to re scan in 2 weeks at 36 weeks and hopefully she will have turned. I didn't ask what would happen if she doesn't turn. Does any one know what my options are? xxx

Currently in this situation too.
ECV manual movement of baby by a doctor from the outside
Breech birth depends on baby/you/your doctor
C section
Or as many ladies have shown me, spinning babies.com

But I can't take part in the last one.
Hope baby turns for you! :thumbup:

I had a consultant appointment today.
Protein in my urine still, keeping an eye on it as it might be pre eclampsia
Checking my blood pressure/urine every two weeks now
And being seen every week after 36 weeks.

This pregnancy has tired me out.

C section

So is it quite common for baby to be the wrong way round at this stage? I don't remember anything from my daughters pregnancy 7 years ago. I will do some research on ECV so if baby hasn't turned I have an idea of what my options are. I really hope both our babies turn!! This baby's bottom feels so deep in my pelvis though.

When I was at hospital yesterday they gave me more pre eclampsia symptoms to be aware of ....headache, blurred vision, more swelling than usual and pain just under ribs. Fingers crossed it's not pre eclampsia for you :kiss:

I had a scan at 34 weeks with my son and they were estimating him to be 4 pounds at the time and he ended up being 6 1/2 pounds when born. So 5 pounds doesn't sound too bad. And these things are not entirely accurate. It could go either way, to be honest. My SiL had a scan at 40 weeks and was told her baby was 7 1/2 pounds so they let her go to 42 weeks before inducing and the baby was actually 9 1/2. lol

I've been feeling kicks down low again so I think my baby is breech right now. One thing I will put on my birth plan is I do NOT want to attempt a VBAC if she remains breech. That just seems so needless. And I do not want a chemical induction either (don't know if our hospital does that for VBAC or not).

It's still early and I still feel her somersaulting--albeit more slowly now--so I'm not too worried about the breech position at the moment.

These naughty babies - do they not realise it's way more comfy for them and us if they are head down!!

Awwww 6 and a half lbs - my dream baby lol!! My first was 8lb 13oz and they predicted she would be 8 lbs - that's nearly a whole pound difference!! Do second babies usually get bigger?

C section

So is it quite common for baby to be the wrong way round at this stage? I don't remember anything from my daughters pregnancy 7 years ago. I will do some research on ECV so if baby hasn't turned I have an idea of what my options are. I really hope both our babies turn!! This baby's bottom feels so deep in my pelvis though.

When I was at hospital yesterday they gave me more pre eclampsia symptoms to be aware of ....headache, blurred vision, more swelling than usual and pain just under ribs. Fingers crossed it's not pre eclampsia for you :kiss:

My consultant said around 60% of babies are! I didn't know that, my dd1 was always headdown. My options are another scan at 36 weeks, if head up still, ECV, if unsuccessful, c section. I don't think there are many more options. They'll try their best at ECV. :thumbup:

Haha :haha: pain under my ribs is babies head!! I'm just going to check my blood pressure on my notes, but not even sure what classes are high or border line? :shrug:
Thanks lovely xx

Baby has been head down & her body on my left side since 24 weeks. Hope she stays that way!
Passed my gestational diabetes test , and my iron levels were still good too, yay.

Hope your stubborn babies turn around soon ladies!

My Dr tells me outs totally normal for second/subsequent babies to turn later on.

Babies gain about 1/2 lb a week, so 5 lbs at this point would mean approximately an 8 lbs baby on your due date, as long as everything remains "textbook" G was 6.5 lbs at 39 weeks on ultrasound, and born only slightly heavier at 41 weeks (I had placental issues and be had growth issues). Plus ultrasound is not an exact measurement for weight

Just had midwife, it was a diffrent one, I hate her! She was mean and Weird!

Baby is head down tho :) and measuring fine

Hannah yay for measuring fine and bubs being head down!

Thank you for the link share Emmalou. Spinning babies has some good info on it!

I'm with the rest of you breech ladies. I feel like, as of the last two days, I'm starting to have more kicking by my ribs. It could be hands too, though. I can't tell. I will get checked on Tuesday, so hopefully he has decided to cooperate and get in the right position!

Had my (almost) 34 week appointment today, everything seems fine. I like both my OBs, original and temporary replacement, but I always feel like I'm in a drive thru. "All good, okay, see you in 2 weeks, bye!" Today though he let Zach do the heartbeat and Tori measured my belly, it was cute. GBS test next appointment, fun.

Oh, it was hilarious today! There was a poster on the wall about self breast exams and I asked Zach if he knew how to do one so he comes and grabs my boob to see if he does and my OB walks in! He goes, "Busted!" We were laughing so hard. :rofl:

My midwife told me about Moxibustion too, a Chinese type of therapy!
I suppose anything is worth a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"