May Emeralds 2014! :)

Had my (almost) 34 week appointment today, everything seems fine. I like both my OBs, original and temporary replacement, but I always feel like I'm in a drive thru. "All good, okay, see you in 2 weeks, bye!" Today though he let Zach do the heartbeat and Tori measured my belly, it was cute. GBS test next appointment, fun.

Oh, it was hilarious today! There was a poster on the wall about self breast exams and I asked Zach if he knew how to do one so he comes and grabs my boob to see if he does and my OB walks in! He goes, "Busted!" We were laughing so hard. :rofl:

:rofl: They've gotta know that poster is just asking for trouble.

I get the drive-thru feeling with my OB a lot of the time too. I often think "I drove 2 hours for this?" She is nice enough though and I hope she's on call when I'm in labour so she can deliver the baby. That will take an insane amount of luck, however.

I got the drive-thru feeling on Monday when I went to the hospital for a growth scan. I think I spent maybe 5 minutes with the OBGYN, and that's it. What annoyed me the most was that I had to wait 45 minutes before my appointment. It really comforted me in my decision to get a midwife and give birth at the birth center.

I think it's been over a month since I last posted here? I hope everybody's all right.
Me, I'm good. It's getting harder and harder to get up, my lower back is in constant pain... but I'm aware it could be so much worse. The growth scan showed a healthy, albeit tiny baby. I'm going back for another growth scan in two weeks... more waiting, yay! Hopefully it'll be the last time I have to go to the hospital this pregnancy. Chances are baby has gone through a growth spurt this week anyway: Monday I could zip my coat without problem, but today there was an inch between the two sides. It looks like a good sign :haha:

My guess is at least one of the May mummies due at the beginning of the month will end up with a late April baby.

I'm still calling for a June baby with myself. *sighs*

I'm due May 23rd and I am thinking I'll deliver the first of June at 41 weeks.
I love June, it's my birthday month and I love even numbers lol. (6 for June).

Aleena came at exactly 41 weeks :)

Ohh funny how my ticker says "less wriggly room, sleeping most of the time" .. NOT this kid! she is so active and constantly moving around poking her elbow in my side, kicking me in my other side and ribs and sticking her bum in my ribs lol!

I've already moved from end of May to beginning cos of being induced a couple of weeks early so wouldn't be surprised if I ended up being an April momma.

ill be an April mummy now with the GD ill be not going past 38 weeks hoping to get more details on monday after my scan as to when :O

If I gave birth at the end of April then it's quite possible for Jayden to be born on my birthday, 26th April :D

Can't wait for our growth scan on Monday :happydance:

I think Im going to be a May mama. Due the 13th, I will be induced if no baby by the 23rd (ish) G came at 40+6 but I think this one will be around her due date.

What are the reasons the doctor gave you ladies for being induced?

We may well have an April baby, if I need a planned c-section. I don't mind so much, can look at the name may which I liked but didn't like the idea of naming a may baby may, a bit odd maybe? Dykwim?
Having an April baby means 4 to 5 weeks left. I'm getting very scared now x

What are the reasons the doctor gave you ladies for being induced?

ive got gestational diabetes and on insulin, this can affect the size of baby and lead to complications so hospital policy is not to let you go past 38 weeks, im yet to decide on vbac or elcs but im at hospital for a growth scan and appt with diabetes nurse and hopefully consultant were i can discuss birth etc

GD here too and growth scans are showing her as being off the charts do far so they've said 38 weeks for now but may bring forward if she gets too big.

34week growth scan on Monday :)

and here's my bump pic for 34 weeks

Just rang L&D freaking out as I could feel a rapid rhythmic movement for like 10 mins (faster and harder than hiccups bump was pulsating fast up and down), OH was freaking out saying to call too.
We were told it's baby practising breathing :') I forgot that his HR would be quicker so would his breaths, it was like panting after a hard run.
Felt silly but the woman on the phone was lovely, have any of you felt this before?

Attachments

• 1947679_763961406962205_1899814112_n (1).jpg
    1947679_763961406962205_1899814112_n (1).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 7
Love the bump and that top is super cute! I really love the sleeves. Makes me think of spring. :)

And I get those weird vibrations too. It's so odd. I don't recall getting them with DS. Though mine don't feel rhythmic. They sometimes feel like spasms. It makes me paranoid that she's getting herself stuck somewhere (I often feel that when she's lying transverse in my hips) or that she is getting caught in her cord. :nope: Earlier today my girlie did get a good set of hiccups going though.:cloud9: Those were slow, steady tics. DS got those all the time but his were more violent. He had them really bad as a newborn too.

My little girlie still does loads of flips too. Right now her head is in my ribs and I can feel her feet tapping against my opposite hip bone. That seems to be her target of choice these days. at least it's not my cervix anymore. :wacko:

DS was born 40+4 so if she comes about the same point in the pregnancy, that would put her birthday at June 2 thereabouts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->