May Emeralds 2014! :)

My little guy has flipped and is now head down :)
At my scan today 34+3 we saw his head is engaged, EW is 6lb 3oz, Placenta is no longer blocking his exit.
So all is looking well, he's measuring 35+6 but were keeping my dates

Yay to baby flipping!

Mine is still doing somersaults. Last night she did 4 or 5 in a row and it really hurt. It's like a big grinding sensation followed by a giant pop.

Woke up this morning to a very hard belly. She was shifting about all night so looks like she's found a new position.

Hopefully a better behaved position! Unlike mine, she's moving lots, but her head is wedged in my ribs most of the time :dohh:

Though bit concerned about my period pain type aches, they are really low, can bums engage? :haha:
:shrug: probably nothing. We'll see!

I get a lot of period-type pains too. I usually get a bowel movement or bad gas afterwards. I do have IBS and those cramps feel very, very similar to period pains. Also, I think baby is kicking my intestines and she still loves to sit low. Freaks me out though. I'm still at the point where it is way, way too early for her to come without there being serious issues.

Well, I've been pretty comfortable for the most part recently but I'm definitely starting to feel baby now. Officially starting to wobble, lol. :haha:

I'm going to try really hard the next few weeks to keep on top of everything at home such as laundry, up keep, etc. I definitely don't want to go into labor and come home to a cluttered house!

My parents bought us the Pack 'n Play so we now have all our big items. Just need some bottles, pacifiers, mittens, socks and we should be good to go.

I went to a friend's fundraiser the other day and raffled to win a big 3D/4D ultrasound but didn't win. The person who did win though decided to donate it me, it was so sweet. Have to get that done ASAP.

Hope everyone is doing well. :hugs:

Wow! Mayb_baby! Looks like he's gonna be a bruiser! G was estimated 6lbs, 6 oz at 39 weeks!

Emalou - Bums can definitely engage! Its starting to sound like baby is getting settled in for the long haul!

Glad your still feeling well x_amour!

I can feel this one TRYING to come out of transverse... She's not succeeding. My hip bones feel bruised from all the kicking and head butting. My dr is going to do an U/S on April 1, so we will see what is happening with this little one! Im hoping she finds a way to flip SOON!

I hope your baby moves into a good position too bumpin!!

I'm not so sure what's going on with mine, cramps have stopped so that's good.
I'm getting kicked on my left side but also in the middle and on the right?! Weird.
I have no idea what baby is doing in there, but she seems happy as Larry.

So today I finally had enough, I brought my maternity leave forward two weeks and will spend the next two weeks off "sick" so that's it for me! Thankfully. I can't concentrate at work, I've been feeling so very under the weather this weekend and the last thing they need is me making mistakes, it's better for everyone if I'm just finished now. :thumbup:

Plan for this week, finish getting things like nursing bras/toiletries for my hospital bag AND a changing bag for baby, *eyes up pink lining range* :haha:

Anyone else pretty much sorted for bubs now? x

I wish I could start mat leave now but it's still too early and I want as much time with baby as poss. Only 5.5 weeks left till I'm outta there!!

Maybe_bayb - That's exciting! I'm sure you're felling happy about baby flipping!

This may have been asked already, but does baby measuring ahead coincide with baby coming early?

For all of you ladies getting the big kicks, I feel your pain! I don't know what to think anymore. I was thinking my little man flipped and was head down because of the type of pressure I was feeling on my cervix, but now I have no clue. Is there a way to tell the difference between, punching, kicking, and head butting? Mine are always in different places, too. I think he is messing with me:haha:

We had our 34 weeks growth scan today and Jayden's current estimated weight is 5lbs 12 oz! I'm sure the sonographer said that he was head down though so that's great if he is! :)

My lil Lexi loves Beyoncé so might have to add a few songs to my labour playlist. Every single time a Beyoncé song comes on the radio or tv she goes wild!!

well had my scan today 4 hours i was at hospital for because the clinic was so busy poor DD ended up falling asleep cuddled in with me :/

it was one of the best scans ive had at the hospital, hes normally always been asleep but he was wide awake and full of it! opening his mouth as wide as he could to try and fit his fist in, sticking his tongue out licking his feet! AND he has tonnes of hair you could see it floating about in the water sonographer said its proberbly the most hair shes seen on a 33 week baby lol, got me paranoid ill be giving birth to a little monkel :dohh::haha:

I had a long appt with consultant too, i compiled a list of questions to ask last night to help me make my decision on whether to go for vbac or elcs, ive decided to go with a booked section so ive been booked in as it stands at the minute for the 1st may, they wanted me to be 39 weeks because before this i would need to be given steriods and because i have GD and im on insulin i would then need to be in hospital for 48 hours having my blood sugars monitored pretty much constantly, i do feel a little bit sad that ill never experience labour or contractions at all, not unless by some miracle this little man decides to make an appearance before 1st May which i pretty much doubt!!!

We had our 34 weeks growth scan today and Jayden's current estimated weight is 5lbs 12 oz! I'm sure the sonographer said that he was head down though so that's great if he is! :)

Wow thats a good weight! wonder how big he will be born! x

My lil Lexi loves Beyoncé so might have to add a few songs to my labour playlist. Every single time a Beyoncé song comes on the radio or tv she goes wild!!

thats so cute! i remember DD was quite partial to adele will always remember when i was getting prepped for my section she was playing in the background and when she was a newborn you could guarantee if it came on the radio when we were in the car it would always settle her lol!

My little guy has flipped and is now head down :)
At my scan today 34+3 we saw his head is engaged, EW is 6lb 3oz, Placenta is no longer blocking his exit.
So all is looking well, he's measuring 35+6 but were keeping my dates
great news that hes flipped and great size too!

I hope your baby moves into a good position too bumpin!!

I'm not so sure what's going on with mine, cramps have stopped so that's good.
I'm getting kicked on my left side but also in the middle and on the right?! Weird.
I have no idea what baby is doing in there, but she seems happy as Larry.

So today I finally had enough, I brought my maternity leave forward two weeks and will spend the next two weeks off "sick" so that's it for me! Thankfully. I can't concentrate at work, I've been feeling so very under the weather this weekend and the last thing they need is me making mistakes, it's better for everyone if I'm just finished now. :thumbup:

Plan for this week, finish getting things like nursing bras/toiletries for my hospital bag AND a changing bag for baby, *eyes up pink lining range* :haha:

Anyone else pretty much sorted for bubs now? x

i dont blame you i finished work at 30 weeks mainly because i had 5 weeks hols to take before my mat leave starts its been lovely spending time with DD and been able to take it that little bit easier and not have the stress of work to worry about too, enjoy your time of!!!

ps there was some offers on the bounty site for the pink lining bags! not that im trying to tempt you in anyway! cant wait to use mine ;) x

Maybe_bayb - That's exciting! I'm sure you're felling happy about baby flipping!

This may have been asked already, but does baby measuring ahead coincide with baby coming early?

For all of you ladies getting the big kicks, I feel your pain! I don't know what to think anymore. I was thinking my little man flipped and was head down because of the type of pressure I was feeling on my cervix, but now I have no clue. Is there a way to tell the difference between, punching, kicking, and head butting? Mine are always in different places, too. I think he is messing with me:haha:

I think head butts are more solid of an impact. I also tend to see a lump pushing out when she's heat-butting me. When I cup her head she will kick on the opposite side so that's one way I can tell. And punches tend to be lighter than kicks (sometimes I get them at the same time so that helps me separate the two). With her kicks I can almost picture her coiling up her legs and then launching them out like a jack rabbit. I've also felt her running her hand along my stomach. It felt really feathery.

A lot of it is also educated guesses. Sometimes I could be wrong about what I'm feeling.

Rosie - glad your scan went well! And try not to stress too much about your decision. You have put a lot of thought into it and are trying to do what is best for you and your baby. :hugs:

Emalou, I'd say baby is back to back, so you feel a leg on each side (froggy style) and hands in the middle

Glad everyone's scans have been good!

Rosie, you made a that makes you comfortable, and that's the important thing :)

Mrs stefka: I try and visualize what COULD be in the location of the movements. I find where baby's heartbeat is the loudest on Doppler, and guess that is back/chest for me it's to the left of my belly button. So the moments to the left of that, I assume is the head. Anything above/below the heartbeat I would say are fists/elbows and the movements to the right of my bellybutton, or at my right hip are feet/knees. I've read that in general, where you feel the majority of movements, are generally feet/knees.

Spinningbabies.com has some info on determining baby's position.

Rosie - £34 for a tote On precious little one ;-) bargains to be had!!

Bumpin - it's so hard to tell!

Just been for my whopping couch vaccine so that's one less thing to do.

My boobs are huge today and pretty sure I had a few BHs last night.

Pregnancy sure makes you see your body in a whole new way.

Rosie - £34 for a tote On precious little one ;-) bargains to be had!!

Bumpin - it's so hard to tell!

I'm gonna be potentially stupid and try to make my own changing bag. Have made a few bags in the past but this will have a lot more zips, pockets and compartments than I've used before.

Pattern should be arriving in the post soon so gonna make a start this weekend .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->