May Emeralds 2014! :)

Congrats and great pictures. Baby is beautiful!

Just had my sweep went really well cervix favourable, bishop score of 6 and she said if they needed to induce today they'd be able to just break my waters which is good to know.

To anyone else getting a sweep done soon, I was really nervous as had read about how it's really painful and hideous to have done and I can honestly say it did not hurt when I had it done this morning. It was a little uncomfortable but no where near painful.

Hi ladies! She's here! She did wonderfully, tolerated active labour until just before the end. She is beautiful. Jillian Nicole, made her entrance with only a few pushes at 557 am, weighing a whopping 5 lbs, 14 oz. She's so tiny, but she's eating well, and absolutely perfect

Congratulations Bumpin shes beautiful. And thank you for setting the bar so high for after birth pics :haha: you look great

Love your family pic :)

Congrats bumpin! Such cute pics!!!

I also want my pushchair here now!!!

So so close ladies May is here!! Hope u are all well and probably as fed up but excited as i am :D

I had a midwife appointment yesterday and the middy i saw peeved me off big time. I was all set for my vbac and she did an internal and couldnt barely reach my cervix as its still high and hard so no stretch and sweep but my fundal height measured between 40-41 weeks. So according to this which she freely admitted can be quite inaccurate im going to have a huge baby and need a c section. She wasnt even interested in sending me for a growth scan as she said that they arent much more accurate anyway??? But she was soo happy to book me in for a section because of it. Not to mention bubs is no longer engaged (little rascal) where as last appointment she was so that in itself will make me measure bigger cause her heads popped back out.

Grrr so annoyed as she stressed me out so much. Refusing to see her next week and am getting a second opinion. Shes worried about Shoulder distocia - but all based on a unreliable growth method and half of all dystocia births occur in babies under 8 pound (my first was 8p 1oz)

Rant over sorry ladies!!

To anyone else getting a sweep done soon, I was really nervous as had read about how it's really painful and hideous to have done and I can honestly say it did not hurt when I had it done this morning. It was a little uncomfortable but no where near painful.

It must depend on the midwife or doctor. I had it done with previous pregnancy & was really really painful.

It must depend on the midwife or doctor. I had it done with previous pregnancy & was really really painful.

Glad I got lucky with a good MW then :D

It amazes me how some medical professionals can be so much worse than others and still do the job!

I agree with Wannabe. I had one with my DD1. Mine did nothing.
BUT if it does hurt, bonus is it may be done with a bit more force :thumbup:

Bumpin - cute pictures!

Shana - hopefully you'll get a better midwife for your second opinion.

Phantom - is there any way you can call up your doctor and request/demand a follow up appointment? I know technicians are really not allowed to tell us anything, but you'd think a high risk scan would see them rush the results to the doctor so you don't have to sit and wait. When I was in Ontario I had my high risk scans done at McMaster and I would get the results within the hour. The high risk OB would sit down with me and explain everything. It was so reassuring. I hope you get some answers soon. It's so wrong they're stressing you out like this.

Your baby looks so adorably perfect though! I hope all is OK.

bumpin - too cute! Love the family photo!

afm - getting a little worried about baby's movements. She moves well when sitting or if I just been moving around but lying down makes her stop all together (ESPECIALLY the left side) and each time I go to sleep it takes longer and longer for her to wake up again after I start moving. I left a message with my OB last night so hope they call first thing this morning. Otherwise I will call again. But DH and everyone thinks I'm a freak so I feel like I'm really bothering people. I'm too scared of being yelled at to even consider the ER. And like I said, she moves well as long as I"m not lying down. I just don't like that I'm too scared to sleep. I'm scared I'm cutting something off.

Aw bumpin, great pics!!! So cute :)

Yay I'm full term today, finally :)

Turns out I'm crap at being on maternity leave. Second full day off, I'm bored and time is moving slow. I have no energy so have been watching TV reading my book and pottering around the house but now I'm just bored bored bored!

Think this baby needs to show up now so I have something to do :D

I'm a SAHM and kind of feeling the same way right now. There are lots of piddly things I could be doing but am so sore and tired...no...EXHAUSTED...all the time that I just can't bring myself to do them. They'd speed things up for sure! I remember at the end with my son I was on leave for the first time ever and I gave myself 'office hours'. I cleaned and cooked all day. Even made meals from scratch for lunch. I had so much energy. This time around....nadda.

Oh my god! I'm BORED! How much tv can I watch? But I just cba to do anything else

People keep saying that to me as I count down my work days. 1/2 day today and M-F next week then DONE! Just over it. Way too antsy and keep walking away from my desk to do this or that, or clean. OOPS

I sleep a lot. DS still has quiet time in his room for the afternoon so that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->