May Emeralds 2014! :)

Just bought some lavender oil and gonna give the bump a massage later.

Legs are feeling very achy today so gonna give the walking a break seeing as it's not actually convinced madam to extricate herself anyway.

It's my due date but still no baby :(

I was never diagnosed with SPD, but since about 20 weeks I had symptoms that looked like it... except in the past few days, inexplicably I was feeling all right and didn't even get a back ache! Well, this morning the pain is back, and it's worse than it ever was.

Bright side of the day, OH's boss gave him the day off "just in case".

It's my due date today! No sign of anything happening tho, fashionably late I'm sure xx

Felix & Fleur - happy due date! Hope your babies get a move on and come on out!!

Fleur - I was never diagnosed with SPD either but I also wonder sometimes. I get clicks and cracks and crunches in my hips and tail bone whenever I try to get in and out of bed and sometimes when I walk it feels like my hips are going to give out on me. The other day I was sitting still and I felt and HEARD a crack in my pubic bone when my baby moved. I've tried mentioning it to my OB but she always just smiles and says it's normal. I've been feeling it since 11 weeks so it can't just be the size of my bump.

Hannah - how did the pump treat you? Mine always made a funny noise and felt like it was going to suck my nipples off. lol

afm - first internal today for my Strep B swab. Secretly hoping OB will tell me that I'm like crazy dilated and baby will pop out at any moment (yeah right) but she hasn't even engaged yet.

Lost my mucus plug this morning after a cervical check yesterday! (about 1cm dilated).. It was quite large, so thinking it must have been the whole thing, or a huge part of it.
Never lost anything with Aleena until I was in early labor at 41 weeks.
:yipee:

Fleur and Felix - Happy Due Date!!

Lilly - Hoping that means your just days away! Progress.

I am feeling like I have no energy in my body left to give and everything is swollen. As for sleep...what sleep? Hurry up baby!!

hi girls sorry for the late update its been a manic couple of days,

all went amazingly well on thursday with my elective and our gorgeous boy arrived weighing a lovely 8lb hes just totally perfect :cloud9: and completes our family :cloud9: got out of hospital yesterday its just been manic with visitors and obis us wanting to spend time with DD aswell,

congrats too anyone who ive missed whos ahd there baby too ive not had chance to read back just yet!

Congratulations Rosie, another little boy added to this group. What have you named him? Xxx

we have called him oliver joseph just so in love with him hes been amazing so placid and content :cloud9:

Ok stupid FTM question here.. all day I have been getting what I call bad period cramps. Are these contracts? Should I be paying attention to when, how often etc. or I am just getting excited for something to happen and this is nothing??

Contractions are like period pains that get stronger and more frequent over time. You should feel your bump tightening when you're having one too. If they aren't very close you don't have to monitor them.

Just for curiosity I have been tracking. Anywhere from 10-15 min apart and each lasts 1-1.5 in length. All over the place but looks like nothing track able or progression. Attempting sleep now I'm usually asleep for 2 hours already at this point..

Saw my ob today, all he said about the "high risk" ultrasound was that baby looked ok. Her head is down very low. I asked if he was going to check my cervix at all and he said no, he doesn't do that, women don't like it anyway. Um, ok, no we don't like it but isn't it a good thing to do? :shrug: I really hate my ob.

It's not always useful to check the cervix... you could be dilated early like you could start only at the last minute, there's no way to know for sure. That's what I understood anyway.

I've had contractions all evening, they're a bit painful but I know they should get more intense... must be the first time I said something along the line of "fingers crossed it starts hurting more soon" :haha:

Saw my ob today, all he said about the "high risk" ultrasound was that baby looked ok. Her head is down very low. I asked if he was going to check my cervix at all and he said no, he doesn't do that, women don't like it anyway. Um, ok, no we don't like it but isn't it a good thing to do? :shrug: I really hate my ob.

Phantom it's no big deal not having your cervix checked, we don't in the uk until labour just to eliminate the risks of infection. It's not necessary really :flower:
Not sure why the US seems to do it so readily.
Glad baby is looking ok though :thumbup: but it's a shame you feel let down by your ob :( xx

Gaves & Fleur fx'd for you two!!! Hopefully you'll be holding your baby's in hours.

Phantom don't be upset with the ob. It isn't worth it! Main thing baby is ok & like emalou said, in the UK they never check our cervix until labour so it's probably not important. Take it easy!!

Today we're going to get the pushchair!! Can't wait!!

Hannah and Nic - get your babies out. So many people having babies now.
I want mine out tooooooooo!

Hannah/ Nic- Happy due date!! Hopefully your babe's decided to get here soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->