May Emeralds 2014! :)

Oh well at least ur midwife has the machine so u can check a bit more also

Yea I love it :) Love my midwife.. anyone else planning a home birth?

i would love a home birth but i live in a block of flats and seems i am slightly higer risk i dont think they will let me :( i have been looking up water births though

i have my first midwife appointment tomorrow though :happydance:

:hi: ladies!! Got my :bfp: this morning so Im due May 28th! Still in complete shock.

I was really hoping for a home birth, I hope it can still happen. Depends on a ton of stuff :wacko:

I went to the doctor today and she confirmed my pregnancy. It feels more real now! I'm going for an ultrasound next week because she thinks I'm farther along than 5 weeks because of my short cycles. Next week can't come soon enough!

Hi all. :) Have taken about 4 pregnancy tests and for sure I am pregnant! Rough estimate for a due date is May 28th, but I o'd early so it may be a bit earlier than that. My first baby is 16 months on the 21st - his bday is May 21st so their bdays will be very close! Apparently we're very fertile in August. :haha:

Fingers crossed everything goes well! Go to doc next Monday to confirm pregnancy and to get a thyroid panel done, then first scan will be October 16th.

Hi all. :) Have taken about 4 pregnancy tests and for sure I am pregnant! Rough estimate for a due date is May 28th, but I o'd early so it may be a bit earlier than that. My first baby is 16 months on the 21st - his bday is May 21st so their bdays will be very close! Apparently we're very fertile in August. :haha:

Fingers crossed everything goes well! Go to doc next Monday to confirm pregnancy and to get a thyroid panel done, then first scan will be October 16th.

Congrats Leids !!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Planning a Waterbirth this time if I'm low risk but I doubt it.
Ill get a Dating scan at 12 weeks, 20 weeks and another further on. A fetal echocardiogram (another ultrasound) and possibly an early scan before 12 weeks but I'm yet to find out :flow:

Leids we are due the same day!

I'm the 28th too.

Due date buddies. Yay!

Well I've had no more spotting at all! My symptoms are back. My boobs are killing me. I feel slightly sick, not as bad as I was but still there.

I'm back in my positive bubble. I will have a baby in 8 months!!

I also have a minor headache so have taken paracetamol.

Think I'm gonna go to my GP next week (the clinic say not to go till after scan).

I went to the dentist last night also. Can't have any filling ect till after 1st tri for anaesthetic ect.

Off to visit my mum tonight, 200 miles away and then we are off up to Scotland tomorrow for the weekend as OH is racing (he's currently 9th in the British championship!!).

Hope all you ladies are well.

Also am I allowed to paint my nails in first tri?

They've been naked since egg collection which is wierd as I never ever don't wear varnish!!

And dog mess, am I ok to pick it up? It's cat mess that is bad right?

I'm hoping to give birth in a birthing centre.

Last time I gave birth in hospital and they sent OH home just as the induction was really kicking in and it was horrible going through that on my own. Plus my epidural wore off a few hours before giving birth so I think I can do without one this time.

At the birthing centre the dads get to stay over and there is a birthing pool in each room so I would have the option of a water birth if I wanted to.

I'll see about it when I see a midwife. I want to make sure there is more than gas and air available. I don't think I could cope with an unmedicated birth.

I really like the idea of a birthing centre but not even sure if we have one here?

I hate our hospital as had a bad experience with them.

I think I want a water birth though with no pain relief and I reckon I could do it as I had ovarian torsion last week and apparently that is worse than childbirth and the only thing that gave me any relief was gas and air! Even morphine wouldn't touch it! Lol.

I had excruciating pain for 2.5 days on and off.

Also am I allowed to paint my nails in first tri?

They've been naked since egg collection which is wierd as I never ever don't wear varnish!!

And dog mess, am I ok to pick it up? It's cat mess that is bad right?

Yes to painted nails. Throughout pregnancy. Unless you're clearly sniffing the varnish haha it won't cause any problems.

You'll be fine picking up both aslong as you use a poop bag and wash your hands thouroughly afterwards :thumbup: there's a risk of toxoplasmosis with cat poo (not sure about dog?) that's why you see loads of uneducated people rehoming their cats when they find out they are pregnant :dohh:, the risk is small if you practice good hygiene always.

We just were told not to in 2WW that's all.

We don't have cats! Just a big puppy. Haha.

Thanks for your help.

We just were told not to in 2WW that's all.

We don't have cats! Just a big puppy. Haha.

Thanks for your help.

That's strange but maybe because you are an IVF couple it may be different? :shrug:

Yeah maybe. I'll ask my clinic tomorrow when I call them to let them know I'm pregnant and book my scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->