May Emeralds 2014! :)

Emalou, I think cuddles are way more important than laundry. :) Our house is a mess and it is what it is right now.

Mimi - I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, you are in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

4magpies - Yay for 3+ on a Digi.

Phantom - Glad everything is ok with baby but I'm sorry to hear that they treated you like that, that is not very hygienic at all!

Hannah - Glad to hear that everything went well with your scan and you are due the same date as me :happydance: Cute bump!

Fairydust - Welcome to the thread and Congratulations :flower:

Schultzie - Welcome to thread and Congratulations :D

Lilly - I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Amour - Cute bump :cloud9:

Leah - Lovely little bump :D

Teacup - I'm so sorry for your loss, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers :hugs:

Our son is watching way too much tv these days but I need to be on bed rest and I can't play with him. I figure he's not going to remember how much he has been watching lately and it's not going to become a regular thing. In the afternoon I put on one of my shows that doesn't have any bad language or anything scary but he finds boring so he will sit and play quietly with his toys or 'read' a book and I can rest. I do feel loads of Mom Guilt for not playing as much with him or letting him watch so much tv. I do try to read to him when I can or give a quick hug or kiss.

No need to feel mommy guilt! They love us regardless and won't be traumatized by watching more tv or not eating the freshest meals or the cleanest house ect. As for me I clean and cook and play when I feel best and the rest of the time I'm laying around :haha: tv may effect children but for me I don't worry about it. The tv in our house is on cartoons in the morning then prime time shows at night. I hardly ever notice the baby watching tv, he goes about his day, if Sesame Street is on he may watch. My toddler watches and plays at same time, a lot they both will or one at a time go to their room to play or the playroom to play where there's no tv. They aren't tv zombies :haha: I actually thinks it teaches my toddler things I don't think to do. Example on Mickey Mouse they sing "Hot dog.. Hot dog.. Hot diggity dog.." Now he says hot dog, when I've probably never said hot dog in front of him ever. Another commercial on Disney channel taught him how to sing and dance to Ring Around the Rosy, again I forgot that song even existed :dohh:

With my first I tried to do everything right and by the book. But when our second came along I realized all that by the book was much more work and stress than needed. I was so stressed about #1 being traumatized and jealous of pregnancy and birth of another baby, and not sharing attention but its not been like that at all! Kids are very smart and resilient. No need to stress if you order in food cause you're too sick to cook, or skip cleaning or pop on the tv so you can lay on the couch longer cause you feel ill.

I think I jinxed myself yesterday when I said I wasn't feeling very pregnant. Sickness has hit pretty hard last night. I feel pretty terrible. No barfing yet and I am really hoping it doesn't come to that as I have a HUGE barfing phobia. My mom said even as a baby I would get all stiff and try to force it back whenever I got sick.

I'm feeling a little bit better this morning but last night I thought I was going to lose it at some point. It's that weird mix of feeling hungry and nauseous at the same time. I want food but as soon as it goes in my mouth I feel over-full and just don't want it anymore. I do think I'll be primarily getting evening sickness though as that is when it has been hitting so far. Last night was the first time it felt real though. Oi.

leah - cute bump! I almost want to guess twins but I have heard you show earlier with a second child. Good luck with your scan!

welcome, anjewellove! Congrats on your bfp! And what is team green? I am feeling kind of ignorant. lol

I've been here for 2-3 weeks but I haven't been added to the list :(
Team yellow = finding out gender but not yet
Team green = not finding out gender until birth :smile:

I think I jinxed myself yesterday when I said I wasn't feeling very pregnant. Sickness has hit pretty hard last night. I feel pretty terrible. No barfing yet and I am really hoping it doesn't come to that as I have a HUGE barfing phobia. My mom said even as a baby I would get all stiff and try to force it back whenever I got sick.

I'm feeling a little bit better this morning but last night I thought I was going to lose it at some point. It's that weird mix of feeling hungry and nauseous at the same time. I want food but as soon as it goes in my mouth I feel over-full and just don't want it anymore. I do think I'll be primarily getting evening sickness though as that is when it has been hitting so far. Last night was the first time it felt real though. Oi.

leah - cute bump! I almost want to guess twins but I have heard you show earlier with a second child. Good luck with your scan!

welcome, anjewellove! Congrats on your bfp! And what is team green? I am feeling kind of ignorant. lol

I've been here for 2-3 weeks but I haven't been added to the list :(
Team yellow = finding out gender but not yet
Team green = not finding out gender until birth :smile:

I haven't been added either :cry: I'm team yellow!

Could you move me as well please. My first scan moved my EDD to April 31/May 1.

I haven't been added either. But I know I could never keep up with everything. This is sometimes a pretty busy thread.

I'm definitely finding out the gender if at all possible. Both dh and I hate surprises and it doesn't really add to the excitement of the birth for us. I find knowing the gender helps me bond as I generally struggle to do that during pregnancy.

daddiesgift - we do watch a bit of TV in our house. DS would rather play outside or with toys so I figure we are not damaging him. As soon as I'm feeling better we will go back to our regular routines.

My mom was on bed rest when I was a toddler and I wasn't traumatized. I don't even remember. I do feel badly for her though because she had a 3 year old and a 2 year old at the time and she said we weren't very sympathetic to her plight. I know if it weren't for the TV DS would be using my belly as a trampoline.

I don't think I can keep up either!

I also feel the need to know the sex.

My DS had no interest in the TV until recently. He will watch but has also been very independent and I will often find him quietly doing puzzles, reading and playing. He hasn't napped since 18 months and I didn't miss it until recently. I'm glad he is in school all day now though as it gives me a chance to catch up on some rest when I'm not working during the week.

I thought team Yellow was the surprise team :haha: Team Pink is girl, Team Blue is boy, Team Yellow Surprise. But who knows :dohh:

Id love to be added to the front page, we are May 28th and team surprise :haha:

Im excited to wait till birth. I think it would be great. So we will wait! Its not as important now as it once was. And a part of me thinks that since I already have two boys its almost 100% possible its yet again another boy :haha: So if I go get an ultrasound and its a boy it wont be that exciting. But if I find out at birth I think it would be! We just plan on buying neutral clothes newborn size then after baby is born buy all the other clothes. Since we will be co sleeping like we did with the boys we dont need to customize a nursery. Our stroller is black so thats pretty gender neutral!

if you wanted to be added to the front page pm lou she will put you on, thats how i am on the list :haha:

We are keeping the gender a surprise until the birth too. We did last time and it was lovely to find out at that moment.

teacup I am so so sorry :(:hugs:!
midwife next week :happydance:

We have found out with both pregnancies what we were having and will with this one as well, First dr app tomorrow, im excited...I honestly just wish i felt more pregnant, i find it so weird, and nerve wracking... i was sooo sick with my other too, right from the get go!!!!

I can't wait to find out the gender! I think I want to keep it a secret from everyone else though. Would that be mean? :blush:

Nah. Finding out the gender is for yourself. It would be mean to taunt everyone that you know what the baby is but aren't telling. lol

I'm going to find out the gender I did with my youngest but not the other kids it's so exciting finding out :happydance:

We will find out the gender if we can. I want to decorate for gender, have a feeling we're having a girl but no idea why just keep finding myself saying 'she'.

On a side note feeling absolutely crap today, so tired and sick but have a huge important full day meeting to get through at work. Poo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->